My Riverfront Site

CapeFish

Here is a street map:

It would be moving the proposed site one big block north to meet with the river. (My riverfront site is the Yellow Box.) Now this would cost much more as there are big buildings there and they will want money, but it likely is a single owner instead of 200. So maybe that would save money since you can buy in bulk?

I was just brainstorming....

This is a MB.com Town Hall, so feel free to put in your input for a site. Give me an address and I will try to get it on a map like that.

Guest Moneyball

I prefer the current site with a skyline view better, but to those who push water...this is as close as I can get it. There just is nothing in Downtown.

820774[/snapback]

The water isn't very clean......and that's an understatement. :plain

WE ARE IN LUCK!

Most of the land is Dade County Public Housing!

800 NW 13 AVE (folio #01-3135-047-0010) BUILT IN 1963

1389 NW 7 ST (folio #01-3135-021-0160) BUILT IN 1963

Next door on the right is A Dry Dock-Mariner place mostly owned by the same company. I think the County land is enough though.

The river view would also be the lamest in MLB. Then you have the high water traffic in such a narrow body of water.

820787[/snapback]

Then can we go on with the current site proposed without hearing anymore bitching about water that we can never have? :mischief

Guest Moneyball

The river view would also be the lamest in MLB. Then you have the high water traffic in such a narrow body of water.

820787[/snapback]

Then can we go on with the current site proposed without hearing anymore bitching about water that we can never have? :mischief

820792[/snapback]

:mischief

Hey I haven't complained about not having water.

They have some pretty big housing projects north of 7th street and on the water so I don't know how much easier that would be than destructing smaller homes for a stadium.

820803[/snapback]

when my parents heard of the OB ballpark plan they thought those would be what was going down. The buildings are old and must soon be replaced....why not put it there? by the opening the river will be cleaner and and it would a worthwhile effort?

Guest Moneyball

Who the hell puts a basketball arena near water?

The arena doesn't even utilize the beautiful view. :confused

EDIT: Cape, are there any more sites along the river or bay the city is willing to use?

i think is too close to the highway, didnt the cards get a hard time from the fire departmet for that?

820878[/snapback]

the cards ballpark is really close, this site has the space. The cards also have Busch on one side and a hotel across the street...that made it a huge fire risk. For more on that park, visit the Ballpark Newspage and click on Saint Louis Cardinals under Other Ballparks....you got all the details there.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/stl/downl...date_061305.pdf

a riverfront ballpark, i always thought that was something for the marlins, but the location is terrible, I bet this has already been said but ill shoot for it, The marlins are having a little trouble bringing in fans, Moving the ball park to miami will not help it any you will lose many broward ticket holders and i highly doubt that the people in the neighborhood of the OB buy season tickets. i want to stay in Dolphin, maybe moving seats that go at an angle during baseball season.

• 1 month later...

Hey Capefish concerning water front sites...I personally dont mind where they intend to build it next to the orangebowl however in a wishful thinking kind of note...?

#1) Would the New Parrot Jungle Island (formerly known as Japanese gardens and Miami Yacht club) be large enough for a ballpark?

#2) I ask this because they are financially in trouble and have not been making their payments and could possibly be kicked off the Island since they do not want to negotiate with the county commissioners. (Miami Dade owns the property)

#3) Would you agree that this would be a great site for boaters to get to the game, seaplanes, executive helicopters across the street, future baylink system, 395 connection etc.

Hey Capefish concerning water front sites...I personally dont mind where they intend to build it next to the orangebowl however in a wishful thinking kind of note...?

#1) Would the New Parrot Jungle Island (formerly known as Japanese gardens and Miami Yacht club) be large enough for a ballpark?

#2) I ask this because they are financially in trouble and have not been making their payments and could possibly be kicked off the Island since they do not want to negotiate with the county commissioners. (Miami Dade owns the property)

#3) Would you agree that this would be a great site for boaters to get to the game, seaplanes, executive helicopters across the street, future baylink system, 395 connection etc.

879003[/snapback]

In a perfect world this location on Watson Island would be amazing. Problem is you only have one road of access. Parking on site would be impossible. You wouldnt be able to park and walk either. They would have to shuttle people on boats from Bayside or the AAA arena.

There is a location in downtown Miami on the river where John Henry wanted to have a stadium. That location is still vacant. The building around that location has been amazing. You would have a fantastic view of the Brickell area.

I believe you've just made about 1,100 senior citizens homeless.

820780[/snapback]

Is that a perk or? Just kidding! (living in boca, old people scare me).

I personally think wherever they can build it will work at this point.

:banghead

I dont even mind DS with a new lease. Or a stadium right now it would be great too even if it wouldnt happen. But, at this point, put it into key west. Just keep the fish here. I will have to lose my season tickets if it is in miami anyways. I just cant make it to there with work. Will still go when I can but it will be rare.

879003[/snapback]

In a perfect world this location on Watson Island would be amazing. Problem is you only have one road of access. Parking on site would be impossible. You wouldnt be able to park and walk either. They would have to shuttle people on boats from Bayside or the AAA arena.

There is a location in downtown Miami on the river where John Henry wanted to have a stadium. That location is still vacant. The building around that location has been amazing. You would have a fantastic view of the Brickell area.

879020[/snapback]

That island would rock. You would be in traffic for five to six hours getting home at night :) But, it would be an amazing view at least. Hehehehe

How about we just tear down the panthers building and build it out there on the sawgrass? Not like anyone goes to their games.

How about we just tear down the panthers building and build it out there on the sawgrass? Not like anyone goes to their games.

879061[/snapback]

Thats becuase its out by Sawgrass. Majority of people cant access Sawgrass easily.

879075[/snapback]

I forgot who was it that said that the majority of Panthers fans lived in Broward. Another location disaster... :thumbdown