June 29, 200521 yr Definitely had to deal with some tough decisons but he didn't help himself out much. Didn't throw strikes and when he did they got hit - although not all that hard. I am willing to give him a flyer on this one. Like its been said, what other option do they have? Lowell is ridiculous.
June 29, 200521 yr He's got good stuff, I'd like to get him a look when we're not playing in Hurricane Andrew.
June 29, 200521 yr We optioned Messenger to AAA... 829661[/snapback] Maybe he pissed off some people yesterday or something. Surprises me 829662[/snapback] He did. In their order of appearance, Mike Lowell, Carlos Delgado and Mark Wiley. 829733[/snapback] Explain?
June 29, 200521 yr We optioned Messenger to AAA... Maybe he pissed off some people yesterday or something. Surprises me He did. In their order of appearance, Mike Lowell, Carlos Delgado and Mark Wiley. Explain?All three went to try to straighten him out during his bad inning and he basically shrugged them all off one by one.
June 29, 200521 yr I don't think a rational person could draw any conclusions about Resop tonight. It was raining from the moment he took the mound. The umpire's absolute refusal to call the low strike all night didn't help. A bloop to left, a sqibber off the bat in front of the plate when the infield was already soaked, Conine, slogging through the watery outfield and unable to catch up to a ball he catches 90% of the time, it all added up to aterrible experience for the kid. Oh did I mention Nate Bump giving up a hit that scored the kid's last run? Good old Nate, as long as it wasn't his run what did he care.
June 29, 200521 yr That's what I said in the game thread, Marlins2003. You have to take into consideration the umpire's calls when looking at Resop's performance. However, I was told I'm an apologist for every player and refuse to stop making excuses... Whatever, I choose to be fair.
June 29, 200521 yr That's what I said in the game thread, Marlins2003. You have to take into consideration the umpire's calls when looking at Resop's performance. However, I was told I'm an apologist for every player and refuse to stop making excuses... Whatever, I choose to be fair. 830328[/snapback] I can only imagine what the kids had to say tonight in the game thread tonight Admin. I sympathize with you running this kindergarten. I thought about you (well, what people were thinking of all this in the game thread as I sat there soaked to the bone, cursing Tom Lee.) The one thing I really liked was Resop's composure. You know, it was really his refusal to pitch that forced the umpire's hand. I don't know if it was on tv or not, but the umpire would throw him a ball and he'd say in so many words, "it's too wet to throw", and then the umpire would throw him another, and he'd say the same thing. It was funny for a rook to stand up to the ump who had squeezed him all inning.
June 29, 200521 yr I can only imagine what the kids had to say tonight in the game thread tonight Admin. I sympathize with you running this kindergarten. I thought about you (well, what people were thinking of all this in the game thread as I sat there soaked to the bone, cursing Tom Lee.) The one thing I really liked was Resop's composure. You know, it was really his refusal to pitch that forced the umpire's hand. I don't know if it was on tv or not, but the umpire would throw him a ball and he'd say in so many words, "it's too wet to throw", and then the umpire would throw him another, and he'd say the same thing. It was funny for a rook to stand up to the ump who had squeezed him all inning. That post sums up the state of the site right now. And yeah, they showed it. He did it straight faced as well. Big ups to the kid.
June 29, 200521 yr so, things went well tonight :thumbup :EDIT:: next time i'm gonna read the rest of the thread before i look at the box score and assume... better luck next time big guy.
June 29, 200521 yr That's what I said in the game thread, Marlins2003. You have to take into consideration the umpire's calls when looking at Resop's performance. However, I was told I'm an apologist for every player and refuse to stop making excuses... Whatever, I choose to be fair. 830328[/snapback] I can only imagine what the kids had to say tonight in the game thread tonight Admin. I sympathize with you running this kindergarten. I thought about you (well, what people were thinking of all this in the game thread as I sat there soaked to the bone, cursing Tom Lee.) The one thing I really liked was Resop's composure. You know, it was really his refusal to pitch that forced the umpire's hand. I don't know if it was on tv or not, but the umpire would throw him a ball and he'd say in so many words, "it's too wet to throw", and then the umpire would throw him another, and he'd say the same thing. It was funny for a rook to stand up to the ump who had squeezed him all inning. 830341[/snapback] Remember, we don't need a roof
June 29, 200521 yr They did show that sequence on TV. The conditions looked horrid and the umps just couldn't seem to make up their minds whether to continue. It was good Chris made up their minds for them. He'll have better outings for sure.
June 29, 200521 yr After the game, McKeon said there were things Resop could have done better, but the young pitcher showed promise. "I thought he threw the ball pretty good," McKeon said. "A couple pitches could have been caught. When you load the bases up with nobody out, somebody's going to score. But that's inexperience. I thought he had good stuff." Resop is ready for his chance at redemption. One bad outing will not damage the confidence his coaches love about him. "You can't get yourself down," he said. "I can come out next time and get a 1-2-3 inning. I know I can. What happened (Tuesday) doesn't take my confidence away from me at all." Link :thumbup
June 29, 200521 yr After the game, McKeon said there were things Resop could have done better, but the young pitcher showed promise. "I thought he threw the ball pretty good," McKeon said. "A couple pitches could have been caught. When you load the bases up with nobody out, somebody's going to score. But that's inexperience. I thought he had good stuff." Resop is ready for his chance at redemption. One bad outing will not damage the confidence his coaches love about him. "You can't get yourself down," he said. "I can come out next time and get a 1-2-3 inning. I know I can. What happened (Tuesday) doesn't take my confidence away from me at all." Link :thumbup 830591[/snapback] Good to hear--I can't watch any of these guys so it's hard to tell what they've got, as far as the players I've never seen but at least Resop's got a good attitude from what I heard during the game and this quote.
June 29, 200521 yr Author .........it wasn't pretty but the ball was down...it did not appear that he was missing by much at all....after the monsoon started...it was real ugly.....as for the OF...what can I say....actually I won't say....
June 29, 200521 yr As bad as it looked last night i think the kid handled it well, he was put in a game that we werent really in which is tough enough as a reliver. Then it Starts to rain and pour. Still nothing was done the ump just kept throwing the ball at him and Duke and Resop were like WTF. This kid could have got extremely hurt out there throwing the ball that wet, i think the ump just wanted to get back at him for getting hit which wasent even his fault it was furcals. What i did love about what happend last night is this kid realized this team has his back. Lo Duca got into it with the ump from the Dug out and from the field about the pitching conditions. I think paulie is showing his leadership.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.