Magglio Ordonez

Mark

Yeah, hope his medical troubles are behind him.

By the way, nice win tonight. That throw Guillen made sitting down (literally) to get the guy at 1st -- simply amazing.

843652[/snapback]

Yes Mr. Beetle, it was a great win tonight for the Tigs. Plus it was on ESPN, so I didn't have to watch the incessant video skipping of MLB.tv. I actually sat and really enjoyed the game. That Guillen throw was great, but, you could almost say he should have caught the ball on the line drive...it was tough no matter what, I applaud it.

Maggs is really showing some promise, which is nice. He's showing just partial flashes of what he used to be. The strength is still there in his swing, as he just seems to be hitting the ball hard to every part of the field. He pulled a low and outside slider from the Unit the other night and made it look like an easy homerun, and then last night just simply hit the ball hard opposite field. Tonight both doubles were perfectly put into the gap there at the Jake...I'm just enjoying watching the Tigs get some sort of production out of there 75 million dollar man.

And yes, Fritz, Bonderman picking up his 11th win before the all star break, hard to believe considering where this team was 2 years ago. They're still 4 under the .500 mark, but I can see good things happening. Plus, TB is coming up for 4 games. Hopefully they'll take at least 3. Hopefully. You never know with los Tigres this year.

TB is gonna sweep your ass! :)

Wow. Bonderman and Verlander will be one SCARY tandem in the near future. Its nice to see DET turn it around. Gives me hope for my guys.

843847[/snapback]

Oh, there's hope, if Lamar ever gets a clue. :thumbup

Apparantly the Indians batters who faced Verlander the other day were saying he had the most electric stuff on all of the Detroit staff, including Bonderman. So, yeah, I can't wait for that to be an everyday reality.

I'm just hoping for good baseball. The Tigers can't hit. The Rays can't do much lately.

with Polanco trade, Shelton's emergance and Ordonez now healthy, the Tigers lineup suddenly looks amazing -- they could use a true leadoff man and a lefthanded bat, but aside from that they should score plenty of runs.

I'm a big fan of Maggs' -- hope he keeps up the good work. Good to see him proving all the doubters wrong.

Went to the game last night, pretty good times.

Maggs hit a shot, good to see. As for Chris Shelton, I can't believe he didn't start the season in the bigs, that guy is just a major league hitter.

845816[/snapback]

They should let the D-Meat go after this year....

Went to the game last night, pretty good times.

Maggs hit a shot, good to see. As for Chris Shelton, I can't believe he didn't start the season in the bigs, that guy is just a major league hitter.

845816[/snapback]

They should let the D-Meat go after this yyear....

847411[/snapback]

He should be gone by the deadline so they don't have to worry about that option for next season. He's a great guy and good team player, but Shelton is for real.