ChiSox interested in Burnett

Right now I am leaning towards trading Burnett, he is valued based on his ability not what he has actually accomplished, If the Marlins can get a good package you have to make the move because it is unlikely that Burnett will come back to the Marlins and to be honest I wouldnt be in favor of resigning him if he is getting Pavano type money . I would offer 4 yrs 6-6.5 million but i doubt that will get it done I am sure the one of the three richest teams the Yankees , Bo Sox , or LA will give him some crazy 5 to 6 yr 9-10 million a yr deal contract

OK, AJ is not a "premiere" pitcher in the majors. the guy is barely a .500 career pitcher. he throws hard but he still gives up more than his fair share of runs. but if we can get a good young pitcher to take his spot then go for it.

I just wanted to clear up people's misconception that hes a "premire" pitcher

845763[/snapback]

It's a moot point. He'll be easily the most sought-after FA starting pitcher after the season, so he may as well be a Cy Young winner as far as other teams are concerned.

He's got a career ERA in the 3's. Forget the win-loss record. Name me any starting pitcher with several years of experience with a career ERA in the 3's and to me that's a damn good pitcher.

Guest markotsay7

I dont advoctae trading Burnett either. If we can drive all the way to the series and win it, theres a great chance we can resign him

845152[/snapback]

The same way there was a great chance to resign Pudge because we won the 03 World Series?

We aren't resigning AJ. Plain and simple. There's nothing that's ever indicated that the front office has any intention of giving him the money he wants (And likely deserves).