Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3 Way Trade Idea

Featured Replies

Red Sox get:

AJ Burnett(RHP)

Orlando Palmero(OF)

 

Astros get:

Jason Stokes(1B)

Jay Payton(OF)

Yorman Bazardo(RHP)

Jon Papelbon(RHP)

 

Marlins get:

Bronson Arroyo(RHP)

Brad Lidge(RHP)

 

With this, the Astros get a solution at 1B in the long run and 2 good young pitching prospects to take the place of Lidge, plus Payton, who will like being in a position to start.

 

The Red Sox get a replacement outfielder that can play all 3 positions and wont complain about playing time and a frontline starter in case Schilling cant return to form.

 

The Marlins get a dependable starter(who I have wanted to trade for forever, before this season and would set up our rotation like this: Willis, Beckett, Arroyo, Olsen, Moehler), whos presense wont require Leiter or Valdez to be re-inserted into the rotation, and a closer that coupled with Mota could turn into what the Dodgers had with Mota/Gagne(you know, if you had the lead after the 7th you pretty much won).

 

It works out for all 3 teams, I would think so anyway...and you know if I am proposing a trade of Burnett(my all time favorite Marlin, just ahead of Lowell and Gonzo), I am serious I think it would work.

Red Sox get:

AJ Burnett(RHP)

Orlando Palmero(OF)

 

Astros get:

Jason Stokes(1B)

Jay Payton(OF)

Yorman Bazardo(RHP)

Jon Papelbon(RHP)

 

Marlins get:

Bronson Arroyo(RHP)

Brad Lidge(RHP)

 

With this, the Astros get a solution at 1B in the long run and 2 good young pitching prospects to take the place of Lidge, plus Payton, who will like being in a position to start.

 

The Red Sox get a replacement outfielder that can play all 3 positions and wont complain about playing time and a frontline starter in case Schilling cant return to form.

 

The Marlins get a dependable starter(who I have wanted to trade for forever, before this season and would set up our rotation like this: Willis, Beckett, Arroyo, Olsen, Moehler), whos presense wont require Leiter or Valdez to be re-inserted into the rotation, and a closer that coupled with Mota could turn into what the Dodgers had with Mota/Gagne(you know, if you had the lead after the 7th you pretty much won).

 

It works out for all 3 teams, I would think so anyway...and you know if I am proposing a trade of Burnett(my all time favorite Marlin, just ahead of Lowell and Gonzo), I am serious I think it would work.

 

 

It seems pretty fair on all sides although we might have to give up another prospect to get Houston to budge. Problem is with the way Houston has been playing lately they ain't sellers anymore. I like your trade idea.

1: The Red Sox don't have Payton anymore.

2: Why does Stokes have to be in almost EVERY trade idea??

849308[/snapback]

3: THIS IS NOT MVP BASEBALL FOR PLAYSTATION.

I believe the Red Sox have 10 days to trade Payton just like the Yankee's did or had with Stanton and Quantril. After the 10 days pass then he's a free agent. I like the idea but Houston is not a seller and they would likely have to get a better package than that to trade Lidge.

if I'm not mistaken, the Sox have agreed to trade Payton to the A's. This might have changed since they resigned Kotsay.

 

oh and BTW why would the Astros trade Lidge now? They look like they're actually gonna contend this year.

Red Sox get:

AJ Burnett(RHP)

Orlando Palmero(OF)

 

Astros get:

Jason Stokes(1B)

Jay Payton(OF)

Yorman Bazardo(RHP)

Jon Papelbon(RHP)

 

Marlins get:

Bronson Arroyo(RHP)

Brad Lidge(RHP)

 

With this, the Astros get a solution at 1B in the long run and 2 good young pitching prospects to take the place of Lidge, plus Payton, who will like being in a position to start.

 

The Red Sox get a replacement outfielder that can play all 3 positions and wont complain about playing time and a frontline starter in case Schilling cant return to form.

 

The Marlins get a dependable starter(who I have wanted to trade for forever, before this season and would set up our rotation like this: Willis, Beckett, Arroyo, Olsen, Moehler), whos presense wont require Leiter or Valdez to be re-inserted into the rotation, and a closer that coupled with Mota could turn into what the Dodgers had with Mota/Gagne(you know, if you had the lead after the 7th you pretty much won).

 

It works out for all 3 teams, I would think so anyway...and you know if I am proposing a trade of Burnett(my all time favorite Marlin, just ahead of Lowell and Gonzo), I am serious I think it would work.

849274[/snapback]

 

 

Right now it seems offense is the problem that needs to be addressed.Use Burnett and Enc to get one of these guys - Dunn,Pena,Griffey,Shawn Green,Vernon Wells or whomever..I don't know what else might be available.

 

We can go with Willis, Beckett,Olsen, Moehler, & Valdez.

We can go with Willis, Beckett,Olsen, Moehler, & Valdez.

849356[/snapback]

 

 

Great, 2 5th starters, a 21 year old rookie, and a guy who can't stay healthy. That's the stuff championships are made of.

Jason Stokes is a busted prospect with just about no value. Especially not a player that a team would count as a long-term option at 1B.

We can go with Willis, Beckett,Olsen, Moehler, & Valdez.

849356[/snapback]

 

 

Great, 2 5th starters, a 21 year old rookie, and a guy who can't stay healthy. That's the stuff championships are made of.

849362[/snapback]

 

 

What was the 2003 Pitching staff?

 

A 21 year old rookie (willis), a guy who couldn't stay healthy (Beckett), a guy who couldn't get up to his potential (Penny), and a pair of spot starters (Pavano and Redman) and come playoff time the only ones we could really rely on were Pavano and Beckett

 

Our staff can hold up with out A.J. if our offense can wake up and score the 5 or 6 runs a game on a extremly consistant basis which we know they can because they did it when they had that 7 game winning streak. Get me a bat first, get me an arm for the pen second, and if we have enough left lets get a decent starter to carry the 3 or 4 spot.

Can Lidge hit? Can he play the role of relief stopper? And isn't Arroyo eligible for arbitration? We could get so much more for the top starter on the market, but I suspect you're right in that we will need a three-team trade to receive pieces that could help us right now.

I would rather send enc to the yanks and go after Griffey

 

No way do we go after Griffey. He's contract is worse than Lowell and he is always getting hurt. We would have to give Cincy top prospects for them to cover a large portion of his salary.

 

 

Can Lidge hit? Can he play the role of relief stopper? And isn't Arroyo eligible for arbitration? We could get so much more for the top starter on the market, but I suspect you're right in that we will need a three-team trade to receive pieces that could help us right now.

 

 

I'll make that trade in half a second. Lidge is one of the top closers in baseball (top 5 IMO), and Bronson Arroyo is a solid starter. We would also have their rights for a couple of years. Im really worried that we might not get good value for Burnett especailly with that O's rumor I heard. Burnett, Encarnacion, Reed for Julio, Bigbie, Penn or Cabrera and supposely the O's turned us down. I'll want Beinfest fired if he makes this trade.

  • Author

Another thinking behind going after Arroyo is: PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE. I would almost trust this guy more than Burnett, since AJ has never pitched an inning in the playoffs, whereas Arroyo was a pivotal part in Boston's run at the WS title last year.

think about trades that would allow us to rebuild for 06

 

no way the FO is thinking about trades to make the playoffs this year. at least not yet

how bout this one...

 

Yankees Get:

 

OF Enc

 

Marlins Get:

 

OF Gary Sheffield

3B A-Rod

P Mussina

SS Jeter

and

Joe Torre to manage at AAA.

 

?

  • Author

how bout this one...

 

Yankees Get:

 

OF Enc

 

Marlins Get:

 

OF Gary Sheffield

3B A-Rod

P Mussina

SS Jeter

and

Joe Torre to manage at AAA.

 

?

849760[/snapback]

 

Ok that was a dumb reply. I threw out an actual trade idea out there, no need to be all smartallecky.

how bout this one...

 

Yankees Get:

 

OF Enc

 

Marlins Get:

 

OF Gary Sheffield

3B A-Rod

P Mussina

SS Jeter

and

Joe Torre to manage at AAA.

 

?

849760[/snapback]

 

Ok that was a dumb reply. I threw out an actual trade idea out there, no need to be all smartallecky.

849807[/snapback]

 

 

It's an actual trade idea if you work for EA Sports.

how bout this one...

 

Yankees Get:

 

OF Enc

 

Marlins Get:

 

OF Gary Sheffield

3B A-Rod

P Mussina

SS Jeter

and

Joe Torre to manage at AAA.

 

?

849760[/snapback]

 

Ok that was a dumb reply. I threw out an actual trade idea out there, no need to be all smartallecky.

849807[/snapback]

 

 

It's an actual trade idea if you work for EA Sports.

849917[/snapback]

 

it's easy to do in MVP Baseball, they always take highly rated specs..

I don't see Houston trading Lidge at all right now, they're just at much in the wildcard race as we are. Plus, our most glaring need is offense. We need runs.

yoiu have a better chance of getting everyday eddie. or something else along those lines. We really need a bat more then anything I think still. Perhaps package aj lowell and a top pair of prospects for blaylock : shrugs: but I dont see us making a buying move.. I think we just became sellers after this weekend folks. :(

yoiu have a better chance of getting everyday eddie. or something else along those lines. We really need a bat more then anything I think still. Perhaps package aj lowell and a top pair of prospects for blaylock : shrugs: but I dont see us making a buying move.. I think we just became sellers after this weekend folks. :(

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.