Mark Redman

We are already stockpiled at the pitcher position especially with Ish coming back. And its not like Ish will get much of an opportunity starterwise because of Trelle, Josh, AJ, Olsen, and Moehler around. And I don't think that is worth 2+ million and some prospects to have him be emergancy starter when have Leiter and Ish(Although neither are any good. Having a third would be pointless.)

Now if AJ were traded and for some reason did not get back a starter...then I maybe would look into this.

850904[/snapback]

Is Redman a free agent after this year? He might be a tad cheaper/decent alternative if you guys cant hold on to Burnett. The pitching F.A market this year is very thin.

We are already stockpiled at the pitcher position especially with Ish coming back. And its not like Ish will get much of an opportunity starterwise because of Trelle, Josh, AJ, Olsen, and Moehler around. And I don't think that is worth 2+ million and some prospects to have him be emergancy starter when have Leiter and Ish(Although neither are any good. Having a third would be pointless.)

Now if AJ were traded and for some reason did not get back a starter...then I maybe would look into this.

850904[/snapback]

Is Redman a free agent after this year? He might be a tad cheaper/decent alternative if you guys cant hold on to Burnett. The pitching F.A market this year is very thin.

850910[/snapback]

he is a free agent and would be a cheaper alternative to AJ who unfortunatley is gonna hit the jack pot in the off season like pavano did. im a die hard marlins fan but i would welcome AJ leaving for another team in a second. and it has nothing to do with the money. for me as a fan i feel he ruined his stay here in florida when he had to open his big mouth at the beginning of the season that he was looking forward to free agency and being with his buddy carl pavano.

pfft think about THIS season not next season.

c/o MLB4u.com

"Mark Redman: 3-year contract thru 2005 worth 12M- he receives a 500K signing bonus and salaries of 1.75M in 2004, and 4.25M in 2005 and 4.5M in 2006- + 2006 is considered a Mutual Option, and if an option worth 4.95M declined by the team, Redman can exercise a player option that is worth 4.5M- + if 2006 Team Option worth 4.95M is exercised by the team, he could choose not to accept it and instead opt for free agency- + he can earn 250K in incentives each year of the deal Service Time: 5.041"

c/o MLB4u.com

"Mark Redman: 3-year contract thru 2005 worth 12M- he receives a 500K signing bonus and salaries of 1.75M in 2004, and 4.25M in 2005 and 4.5M in 2006- + 2006 is considered a Mutual Option, and if an option worth 4.95M declined by the team, Redman can exercise a player option that is worth 4.5M- + if 2006 Team Option worth 4.95M is exercised by the team, he could choose not to accept it and instead opt for free agency- + he can earn 250K in incentives each year of the deal Service Time: 5.041"

850925[/snapback]

So if he is on the block...I doubt either party is willing to exercise the option...

Just my .02

c/o MLB4u.com

850925[/snapback]

So if he is on the block...I doubt either party is willing to exercise the option...

Just my .02

850928[/snapback]

I think 5 million for a guy like Redman is not bad. He will probably opt for free agency and look for another multiyear deal

I would remind you this is a guy who said "...I find myself hoping the Marlins tank" and regales in posting old news and when called on it his response is I'm a "jerk".

Go back and read some his previous posts before you judge who's relevant here or go check various sources that have been mentioned here and other places that have linked Mark Redman to the Marlins for over a month.

Old news is old news, even if some podunk paper in New Jersey just discovered it.

c/o MLB4u.com

850925[/snapback]

Just my .02

850928[/snapback]

I think 5 million for a guy like Redman is not bad. He will probably opt for free agency and look for another multiyear deal

850933[/snapback]

Im not saying it is...but if he is on the trading block then it becomes obvious to me that the team and he are going in different directions...

I would remind you this is a guy who said "...I find myself hoping the Marlins tank" and regales in posting old news and when called on it his response is I'm a "jerk".

Go back and read some his previous posts before you judge who's relevant here or go check various sources that have been mentioned here and other places that have linked Mark Redman to the Marlins for over a month.

Old news is old news, even if some podunk paper in New Jersey just discovered it.

850934[/snapback]

The Star-Ledger is the largest paper in New Jersey and covers 3-4 MLB teams for its paper...

And it has a larger circulation than the Miami Herald.

I dont think its that Podunk, but of course you are right. :thumbup

I dont get the anger here but I wanna say thank you for the post Passion. I welcome all fans that wanna post stuff for news for us.

I think Redman would be a large boost to us. I think perhaps they could work out a deal which we dump Leiter back to them perhaps. (eatting a large chunk of the contract most likely for us). Along with perhaps one of our better pitching prospects like Johnson or else perhaps Willy and a few others smaller guys.

I think Redman, Beckett, Olsen, Willis and Moheler would be a great rotation right there for this year. He has an option to get out of next years contract I believe on the 4.5 right? Or is it a club option for a buy out? Either way. I think he would be a good fit. We could also then choose to move Burnett if we wished to still.

He is coming back but he isnt that solid of a pitcher anyways. Redman is a solid good starter and with us playing the pirates soon in the second half I wouldnt doubt it much happening.

Plus this would then give us the option to move AJ for something well, perhaps packaging him with lowell or with even better AL for something special.

I wouldn't go for Redman now or in the future. We already have 2 lefties in the rotation and Vargas in the minor's clsoe to MLB ready. It will also take Johnson and other prospects to get Redman. At this point im not sure trading prospects is a good idea especially with someone with no future with the ball club.

I just read through all these posts and all I can say is, Passion, I am sorry that there a ton of asses on this site. There are days when I am ashamed of being a Marlins fan, but those days never have anything to do with the team. I just have to remind myself what makes me a fan in the first place, the team, not the fans. There are some very childish, snobby, cocky, jerks on this site that never learned any decency. All they do is attack other fans for having an opinion. I guess people like you and me should have known that we'd be coming up against people who are always right about everything when we started coming to the site. :thumbup

this would be a nice improvement over our current left hand situation.? mark is having a? great year and i think he would greatly benefit pitching in joe robbie.? if this didnt hurt us much financially i think its a great move

850864[/snapback]

We already have 7 starters (Beckett, Burnett, Willis, Leiter, Olsen, Moehler, Valdez). While I think Mark is a good pitcher, who pitches very well at the Pro, I don't think we need to add another starter.

850867[/snapback]

Let's see... Beckett is on the DL... again; Burnett is being inconsistent in and out; Willis is... pitching great; Leiter is a pice of crap and needs to be released; Olsen is a rookie and will get bombed pretty soon; Mohler is living in borrowing time with his pitching; and Valdez is rehabilitating in the minors and has never been any good. What's the total? Let's say that out of our "7 so-called starters" we have 2 consistent, 2 on the DL, 1 is a mental case, the other want to play for the Yankees, and another is completely inexperienced at this level.

Do we need another starter? :whistle