Lowell NOT in lineup

I suspect it's out of respect for Mike Lowell, but it does disappoint me that Miggy isn't at third and Conine/Aguila/Easley isn't in left. Doing so would of course be the handwriting on the wall, and I doubt Jack wants to rub Lowell's nose in it.

And Swifty, I think you're right, Treanor's there to give Paulie a day off in anticipation of Vargas's start tomorrow. Good observation.

Juanky,

You may be totally correct but why rest Lowell? He has had a few 1-4 days in a row. Not great but for him it's a hitting streak. I am also of the opinion that Jack has gone away from starting ANYONE except his main players because he is managing for his job and trusts his veterans most.

Yea, it may just be a rest day...maybe with all the rumors just a chance to let Mikey clear his mind. But as aggravating as this season has been such news creates excitement whether you are for or against the trade.

It's nice to see Jack give Paulie a day off. He needs a day off every 5 days in the 2nd half. Giving Mike a day is probably just to get Easley into a game.

859703[/snapback]

It would make more sense to give Easley a game tomorrow, and let Lowell hit in a place where he's obviously seeing the ball well.

Guest Juanky

Juanky,

You may be totally correct but why rest Lowell? He has had a few 1-4 days in a row. Not great but for him it's a hitting streak. I am also of the opinion that Jack has gone away from starting ANYONE except his main players because he is managing for his job and trusts his veterans most.

Yea, it may just be a rest day...maybe with all the rumors just a chance to let Mikey clear his mind. But as aggravating as this season has been such news creates excitement whether you are for or against the trade.

Oh, I'm not denying something could be up. How often does one need a rest when they just came out of the All Star break? And why sit Lowell now as punishment for slumping when he was not only smoking the ball last night, but it hasn't been done all year?

However, I was just warning against everyone taking Lowell missing as absolute fact he's been dealt. I'd say him missing is only a 50/50 shot anything's happened, and it's that high only because the ASB just passed.

One thing that does bug me is I would think that Miguel would be playing third had Lowell been dealt.

The cameras panned the dugout several times and Lowell was nowhere to be found.? :confused

860346[/snapback]

I saw him once, they showed AJ too. So I guess he hasn't been told/traded yet? :mischief2

860352[/snapback]

This was in the 9th that I didn't see him.

The cameras panned the dugout several times and Lowell was nowhere to be found. :confused

860346[/snapback]

I saw him once, they showed AJ too. So I guess he hasn't been told/traded yet? :mischief2

860352[/snapback]

This was in the 9th that I didn't see him.

860362[/snapback]

oh