Tonight.

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

Tonight is the last night of the Mc Keon reign and the end of the current look Marlins.

Worst 8 game stretch pitching-wise in Marlins history.

Any change at this point is good. I'll miss Jack, Mike and AJ but it's for the better of the team.

I agree it's time for McKeon to be sacked. His moves have been questionable since day 1, but perhaps the odds or gods of baseball are catching up with McKeon. In 2003 all his wacky moves turned out golden. This year the revenge is being exacted. His misuse of the bullpen tonite is probably going to sost us this game. Why bring in Riedling to a tie game in the 6th. The game's on the line. Mota or Mecir belong there. Jack's strategy of using his bullpen on a from worst to first basis has cost us a few games. Sheke 'em up. If no one of qualit6y is available, let Wiley be (interim) manager.

Seriously, things were so much more clutch during 03....Our pitchers didnt have amazing ERAs, Our hitters were having very good years, but not one superstar, and every move just fell into place. Caught Stealings were rare, We often bunted for base hits, 2 run singles happened from left to right... and that big 3 run or 2 run gapper that just came once a game....but it came at the right time...ugggh...how i miss those days

Once again Beinfest and company wait too late to make any meaningful moves that will turn this season around.

Robinson should have been fired two months ago. If McKeon were going to go that should have been done a month ago. I would have rather given any new coaches/managers a chance to turn things around well before the trading deadline.

If they sack McKeon now there is not really a good chance this team will turn it around before the point we have to decide if we are sellers or not.

It's difficult to feel optimistic this team is going to make any type of comeback in the next two weeks.

Once again Beinfest and company wait too late to make any meaningful moves that will turn this season around.

Robinson should have been fired two months ago. If McKeon were going to go that should have been done a month ago. I would have rather given any new coaches/managers a chance to turn things around well before the trading deadline.

If they sack McKeon now there is not really a good chance this team will turn it around before the point we have to decide if we are sellers or not.

It's difficult to feel optimistic this team is going to make any type of comeback in the next two weeks.

864617[/snapback]

Beinfest seems to live his life by the "better late than never" mantra...

I just want to yell and be angry like everyone else!!!

seriously, someone should get a grace period more then a year and a half I think after winning a world series. But, if he goes, he goes. I wont shed a tear. But, whatever.

Beinfest in you we trust.

864782[/snapback]

That gives me an idea...

I didn't see the end of the game last night or watch the highlights this morning. All day I was wondering how a catcher can score from first with one out. Did someone misplay the ball? Was it an error? Bad throw? Who was in the outfield? How were they positioned?

Sure enough it was a hangng liner into the right-center gap and who collects the ball to throw out the baserunner? Yep, the guy who couldn't throw out my grandmother. Who was closest to the spot and shied off fielding the ball? The guy with the best arm. The relay into the infield was slow and off line, and the throw to the plate was in time but off line. We could have nailed the runner with a decent or accurate throw from the outfield.

Now.. did JP call off Enc? If so, is it really his ball and is this JP's hard-working/stubborness showing? Did Enc let JP have it? If so, laziness? Why weren't either closer to the spot it landed? Were Enc and Conine protecting the line?