Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peter Gammons Show on 790 The Ticket

Featured Replies

I doubt Beinfest is on the hot seat. The only real mistake he's made is Leiter, and apparently Luria had a big bone for Al as well at the time. Last week on Lebatard's show, David Samson was praising Beinfest up and down, even after they cut Leiter, saying you can't be perfect every time.

Beinfest may be on the hot seat according to sources.

865094[/snapback]

 

 

WOW...Loria must be having an affair with Jack. Beinfest is a genius....if he takes the fall for this season, we will regret it for a long, long time.

Caller (Yankee fan): Odalis Perez and Juan Pierre to NY? What do you think?

 

Peter: I would never do it. :plain

wow.

 

all this time i just assumed beinfest's job was safe because he was loria's guy.

 

i'd absolutely love to see beinfest go.

Caller (Yankee fan): Odalis Perez and Juan Pierre to NY? What do you think?

 

Peter: I would never do it. :plain

865104[/snapback]

 

lol.

 

neither would the marlins

Weaver to CHW or WAS?

Bill Mueller NOT going to 2B. (knee)

 

Red Sox looking at Graffanino. Lowell wouldn't be dealt to Red Sox, White Sox more of a possibility.

DRays and Mariners teams that have players to trade but don't know how to make a trade.

Beinfest may be on the hot seat according to sources.

865094[/snapback]

 

 

WOW...Loria must be having an affair with Jack. Beinfest is a genius....if he takes the fall for this season, we will regret it for a long, long time.

865103[/snapback]

 

 

I will be so mad if he picked Jack over Beinfest....I just can't see that happening.

 

Jack and the players are MUCH more at fault than Beinfest. Hell, Beinfest assembled this team to win it all this year.

So, at the first break, Gammons has yet to make any substantive reports regarding the Burnett situation.

865124[/snapback]

 

I think all this talk....is just talk.

 

From what everyone has heard- the trade has run HOT and COLD.

 

The main problem is WHO PAYS LOWELL'S contract. No one wants him.

Beinfest may be on the hot seat according to sources.

865094[/snapback]

 

 

WOW...Loria must be having an affair with Jack. Beinfest is a genius....if he takes the fall for this season, we will regret it for a long, long time.

865103[/snapback]

 

 

I will be so mad if he picked Jack over Beinfest....I just can't see that happening.

 

Jack and the players are MUCH more at fault than Beinfest. Hell, Beinfest assembled this team to win it all this year.

865125[/snapback]

 

agreed - everyone always says this is the best team in the National League on paper. Well, what does a General Manager do? he puts together the best team he can on paper! Beinfest could not have done anything more than he has already done.

I did like the Comment about Schilling saying that the two players with the best stuff in the league is AJ and Harden.. That tells you how good Aj really is.

I did like the Comment about Schilling saying that the two players with the best stuff in the league is AJ and Harden.. That tells you how good Aj really is.

865133[/snapback]

The other day Gammons and Harold Reynolds said that Burnett has ace stuff but may never be more than a #4 pitcher because he doesn't know how to pitch.

Maybe it's me but I thought I heard the Jack/Beinfest thing a bit differently.

 

The way I took it was Jack was saying to Loria "it's me or Beinfest..." and then Gammons went on to say what a creative GM Beinfest was.

 

I took it to mean in a tug of war, Beinfest would win out, he was more valuable to the franchise.

how can we trade man who turned down more money to stay with our undreachiving asses??????

 

in 03 every team wantted the man and now in 05 no one wants him?

 

wha eva

 

he is hitting 306 this month...... keep em......

 

he hit 27 bombs last year and 32 da year be4 even Pat Burell sucked and now look at em

Boog: Minor league hitter that helps the Marlins this year....Josh Willingham.

nobody has the balls to ask em about griffey trade? 3 way deal between the reds,o's and fish......

 

FINE ILL DO IT

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.