Peter Gammons Show on 790 The Ticket

Guest Moneyball

I doubt Beinfest is on the hot seat. The only real mistake he's made is Leiter, and apparently Luria had a big bone for Al as well at the time. Last week on Lebatard's show, David Samson was praising Beinfest up and down, even after they cut Leiter, saying you can't be perfect every time.

Guest Moneyball

Bill Mueller NOT going to 2B. (knee)

Red Sox looking at Graffanino. Lowell wouldn't be dealt to Red Sox, White Sox more of a possibility.

Beinfest may be on the hot seat according to sources.

865094[/snapback]

WOW...Loria must be having an affair with Jack. Beinfest is a genius....if he takes the fall for this season, we will regret it for a long, long time.

865103[/snapback]

I will be so mad if he picked Jack over Beinfest....I just can't see that happening.

Jack and the players are MUCH more at fault than Beinfest. Hell, Beinfest assembled this team to win it all this year.

Beinfest may be on the hot seat according to sources.

865094[/snapback]

WOW...Loria must be having an affair with Jack. Beinfest is a genius....if he takes the fall for this season, we will regret it for a long, long time.

865103[/snapback]

I will be so mad if he picked Jack over Beinfest....I just can't see that happening.

Jack and the players are MUCH more at fault than Beinfest. Hell, Beinfest assembled this team to win it all this year.

865125[/snapback]

agreed - everyone always says this is the best team in the National League on paper. Well, what does a General Manager do? he puts together the best team he can on paper! Beinfest could not have done anything more than he has already done.

Maybe it's me but I thought I heard the Jack/Beinfest thing a bit differently.

The way I took it was Jack was saying to Loria "it's me or Beinfest..." and then Gammons went on to say what a creative GM Beinfest was.

I took it to mean in a tug of war, Beinfest would win out, he was more valuable to the franchise.

how can we trade man who turned down more money to stay with our undreachiving asses??????

in 03 every team wantted the man and now in 05 no one wants him?

wha eva

he is hitting 306 this month...... keep em......

he hit 27 bombs last year and 32 da year be4 even Pat Burell sucked and now look at em