Lebatard!!!

He'll get shot by someone if he keeps it up much longer.

:shifty

867299[/snapback]

:hides the shotgun and looks back:

What ? Who? Hey look an elephant!

867545[/snapback]

Just don't confuse LeBatard and Billy The Marlin. They do look a lot alike. Someone's signature shows this.

867550[/snapback]

check

We come in peace, we come in peace

shoot to kill, shoot to kill

:banghead

i guess im the only that likes him.

sure i dont agree with his views on the marlins, but i think his show is entertaining.. makes me laugh

key is not to take him seriously

867453[/snapback]

I don't always agree with him, but his show is pretty entertaining. Some of the regular sports show in town (with the exception of Boog) are dreadful to listen to. How many times can you hear the same call over and over. At least LeBatard mixes other stuff in once in a while. The worst in my opinion is Mandich, I can't listen to him.

As for his joke about the prize being not having to go to the game....He was trying to get emails and nobody was writing in for his contest. He said a month ago when they were in first place there would have been a million emails. What I took from that is he was saying that South Florida fans are mostly bandwagoners, which we can all agree is pretty true.

I never understood why he gets the flak he gets, if you really want to see negativity toward the Marlins check out this board after a loss. LeBetard bashes Marlin fans more than the Marlins.

That said, his show is pretty hilarious, especially that one radio announcer with that vampire voice singing "I, ran". LOL!

Not surprisingly, I disagree with most of the comments posted here.

Tuesday I never laughed so hard in my life, as Dan did one of fabulously funny and articulate rants, and yesterday was the same. I think most of you don't get his humor.

Yes the ticket thing was a little over the top, but he has consistent been a Marlins booster this season, he doesn't want to see Mike Lowell traded but carefully didn't take shots at the front office and ownership, which was his style three years ago. And when the Herald does their weekly (Sunday) Pro/Con column debate, Dan almost invaribly is the Pro guy when it comes to the Marlins.

Also keep in mind yesterday was the last day before he takes a two vacation and they were just nutty. I think Dan has turned into a bonafide major radio talent. But then again I like defoe too. It may just be an age thing. If you don't get the sixties references, alot of it doesn't make sense.

I loved it.

LeBetard's show is a complete joke and makes the whole sports radio industry look like 3rd grade entertainment. I will listen to that show for 15 minutes and may here 2 minutes of actual sports talk. His show ruins the credibility of 790 as a real sports station. They should have offered Jorge Sedano a ton of money to come and host a show on their station.

Its funny to because Just 4 days ago Le Batard wrote this article supporting the marlins:

NATS ARE A FLUKE AND WILL BE CAUGHT

Source: DAN LE BATARD, Herald Sports Writer

At the risk of becoming the fifth superhero in Fantastic Four - ladies and gentlemen, introducing Homer Man! - I still believe the Marlins are going to the playoffs. The recent stretch of stench is not who they are. They've underachieved about as much as they can and are still within a whiff of the wild card. Atlanta? No, that's not the team the Marlins will catch. Washington is.The Nationals are an aberration, a fluke, a statistical anomaly. All season, they have given up

( i cant get the whole thing because you have to pay for it on the hearld website)

Oj Mcduffie's is another Joke to radio. How does 790 expect to control the sports market here if they cant even get real hosts on their shows? The only guy worth a damn on that network is Boog. Just like I think the only guy worth a damn on 560 is the guy that comes on at 7 when the marlins have a late west coast game.

LeBetard's show is a complete joke and makes the whole sports radio industry look like 3rd grade entertainment. I will listen to that show for 15 minutes and may here 2 minutes of actual sports talk. His show ruins the credibility of 790 as a real sports station. They should have offered Jorge Sedano a ton of money to come and host a show on their station.

Its funny to because Just 4 days ago Le Batard wrote this article supporting the marlins:

NATS ARE A FLUKE AND WILL BE CAUGHT

Source: DAN LE BATARD, Herald Sports Writer

At the risk of becoming the fifth superhero in Fantastic Four - ladies and gentlemen, introducing Homer Man! - I still believe the Marlins are going to the playoffs. The recent stretch of stench is not who they are. They've underachieved about as much as they can and are still within a whiff of the wild card. Atlanta? No, that's not the team the Marlins will catch. Washington is.The Nationals are an aberration, a fluke, a statistical anomaly. All season, they have given up

( i cant get the whole thing because you have to pay for it on the hearld website)

Oj Mcduffie's is another Joke to radio. How does 790 expect to control the sports market here if they cant even get real hosts on their shows? The only guy worth a damn on that network is Boog. Just like I think the only guy worth a damn on 560 is the guy that comes on at 7 when the marlins have a late west coast game.

868720[/snapback]

Boog's show is awesome...as far as QAM goes, is Eddie K still there? Nothing like coming home late-ish on those summer nights in 2003 and listening to him talk some baseball. I also remember the time I wanted to call in and get some free Marlins tickets because I could name one player on the Mighty Ducks...I forget why I didn't actually do it.