Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Overbay?

Featured Replies

i was just curious what everyone thought of lyle overbay and what it would take to pry him away from the brewers...personally i think he would be a nice addition and they might be willing to take AJ for some prospects that are major league ready

I think he can play 3B a lil, but we still have Lowell and Cabrera waiting to take his place. We have Hermida ready for RF next year, and the only position we need to fill is LF(SS we have a good shot of resigning Gonzo, and if not I am confident in Andido or Wilson). Willingham is a short-term possibility in LF, probably not the best. In a small way, I hope the Rockies dont keep Byrnes, and we could platoon him and Willy out there.

i was just curious what everyone thought of lyle overbay and what it would take to pry him away from the brewers...personally i think he would be a nice addition and they might be willing to take AJ for some prospects that are major league ready

871792[/snapback]

 

And where exactly would he play? Certainly not first base and he simply cannot play any other position. He has always been playing 1B and he came up as a first basemen in the minors.

 

If you think Cabrera in LF is a defensive nightmare, you ain't see nothing yet....

I think he can play 3B a lil, but we still have Lowell and Cabrera waiting to take his place. We have Hermida ready for RF next year, and the only position we need to fill is LF(SS we have a good shot of resigning Gonzo, and if not I am confident in Andido or Wilson). Willingham is a short-term possibility in LF, probably not the best. In a small way, I hope the Rockies dont keep Byrnes, and we could platoon him and Willy out there.

871809[/snapback]

 

 

 

i dont think you are likely to see a lefty playing third anytime soon.

 

 

lets try to be a bit realistic....the idea of obtaining overbay is about as stupid as the idea of trading cabrera.

I think he can play 3B a lil, but we still have Lowell and Cabrera waiting to take his place.? We have Hermida ready for RF next year, and the only position we need to fill is LF(SS we have a good shot of resigning Gonzo, and if not I am confident in Andido or Wilson).? Willingham is a short-term possibility in LF, probably not the best.? In a small way, I hope the Rockies dont keep Byrnes, and we could platoon him and Willy out there.

871809[/snapback]

 

 

i dont think you are likely to see a lefty playing third anytime soon.

 

 

lets try to be a bit realistic....the idea of obtaining overbay is about as stupid as the idea of trading cabrera.

871896[/snapback]

 

Why did you quote me there LOL. I was saying why we wouldn't trade for Overbay. Cabs could move to 3rd and Willingham AND Byrnes(who I suggested...are both right handed)to left field. I am confused.

Overbays time with Milwaukee is almost coming to an end with Prince waiting in the wings. Will be interesting to see what Milwaukee does with him.

Overbays time with Milwaukee is almost coming to an end with Prince waiting in the wings. Will be interesting to see what Milwaukee does with him.

871916[/snapback]

 

If the Mets get desparate enough for a 1B (depending on if Mientkiewicz heats up or not), there's their solution.

I'd love to get him if we played with a DH, but we already have one of them there first base type people.

I don't think the brew crew has enough resources finacially to take Burnett for next year anyways... a rental pitcher on a losing team would be worthless and Burnett would definatly test Free Agency if he somehow wound up in Mil.

I think he can play 3B a lil, but we still have Lowell and Cabrera waiting to take his place. We have Hermida ready for RF next year, and the only position we need to fill is LF(SS we have a good shot of resigning Gonzo, and if not I am confident in Andido or Wilson). Willingham is a short-term possibility in LF, probably not the best. In a small way, I hope the Rockies dont keep Byrnes, and we could platoon him and Willy out there.

871809[/snapback]

 

 

i dont think you are likely to see a lefty playing third anytime soon.

 

 

lets try to be a bit realistic....the idea of obtaining overbay is about as stupid as the idea of trading cabrera.

871896[/snapback]

 

Why did you quote me there LOL. I was saying why we wouldn't trade for Overbay. Cabs could move to 3rd and Willingham AND Byrnes(who I suggested...are both right handed)to left field. I am confused.

871912[/snapback]

If Byrnes' numbers were as good as how hard he tries he would be a HOFer

 

unfortunately thats not the case... and if somehow, someway Willingham was given playing time, I think he wouldnt have to platoon with someone like Byrnes

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.