Overbay?

Jimmy42Jack0

I think he can play 3B a lil, but we still have Lowell and Cabrera waiting to take his place. We have Hermida ready for RF next year, and the only position we need to fill is LF(SS we have a good shot of resigning Gonzo, and if not I am confident in Andido or Wilson). Willingham is a short-term possibility in LF, probably not the best. In a small way, I hope the Rockies dont keep Byrnes, and we could platoon him and Willy out there.

i was just curious what everyone thought of lyle overbay and what it would take to pry him away from the brewers...personally i think he would be a nice addition and they might be willing to take AJ for some prospects that are major league ready

871792[/snapback]

And where exactly would he play? Certainly not first base and he simply cannot play any other position. He has always been playing 1B and he came up as a first basemen in the minors.

If you think Cabrera in LF is a defensive nightmare, you ain't see nothing yet....

I think he can play 3B a lil, but we still have Lowell and Cabrera waiting to take his place. We have Hermida ready for RF next year, and the only position we need to fill is LF(SS we have a good shot of resigning Gonzo, and if not I am confident in Andido or Wilson). Willingham is a short-term possibility in LF, probably not the best. In a small way, I hope the Rockies dont keep Byrnes, and we could platoon him and Willy out there.

871809[/snapback]

i dont think you are likely to see a lefty playing third anytime soon.

lets try to be a bit realistic....the idea of obtaining overbay is about as stupid as the idea of trading cabrera.

I think he can play 3B a lil, but we still have Lowell and Cabrera waiting to take his place.? We have Hermida ready for RF next year, and the only position we need to fill is LF(SS we have a good shot of resigning Gonzo, and if not I am confident in Andido or Wilson).? Willingham is a short-term possibility in LF, probably not the best.? In a small way, I hope the Rockies dont keep Byrnes, and we could platoon him and Willy out there.

871809[/snapback]

lets try to be a bit realistic....the idea of obtaining overbay is about as stupid as the idea of trading cabrera.

871896[/snapback]

Why did you quote me there LOL. I was saying why we wouldn't trade for Overbay. Cabs could move to 3rd and Willingham AND Byrnes(who I suggested...are both right handed)to left field. I am confused.

Overbays time with Milwaukee is almost coming to an end with Prince waiting in the wings. Will be interesting to see what Milwaukee does with him.

871916[/snapback]

If the Mets get desparate enough for a 1B (depending on if Mientkiewicz heats up or not), there's their solution.

871809[/snapback]

871896[/snapback]

Why did you quote me there LOL. I was saying why we wouldn't trade for Overbay. Cabs could move to 3rd and Willingham AND Byrnes(who I suggested...are both right handed)to left field. I am confused.

871912[/snapback]

If Byrnes' numbers were as good as how hard he tries he would be a HOFer

unfortunately thats not the case... and if somehow, someway Willingham was given playing time, I think he wouldnt have to platoon with someone like Byrnes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.