Purely a What if trade proposal from the Tigers

found this on espn board and to be honest, it intrigued me

There is alot of talk in Det. that Dave D using his relationship and Pudge's can sign AJ in the offseason. I have read where Marlins want a starting Lefty, OF with pop and reliever....Would Marlins consider/need:

Lefty starter Maroth 8-10 (young, poor man's Tanana)

Monroe LF, leading tiger with 60 some RBIs

Reliever spurling, whos been workhorse mid-reliever for them. And all three have cheap contracts.

What does everyone else think. I know the Tigers have been considered the "dark horse" maybe this could work. What do you guys think?

make them take lowell's salary. The tigers Always have cash to spend and Dave loved Mikey playing for him. I am sure we could dump his salary there. Perhaps for something in return.

Otherwise no thanks and keep AJ to run with what we have. Add 1-2 good arms to the pen.

make them take lowell's salary. The tigers Always have cash to spend and Dave loved Mikey playing for him. I am sure we could dump his salary there. Perhaps for something in return.

Otherwise no thanks and keep AJ to run with what we have. Add 1-2 good arms to the pen.

877443[/snapback]

Ugh. Brandon Inge is 10X more valuable than Lowell right now. Not gonna happen. There is nowhere for him to play. Unless he can pitch out of the bullpen. And Monroe is better than Enc.

not gonna happen...at first I hated the Baltimore deal, but now I think we shoulda done it since AJs leaving, although the bullpen is better than I thought it was now.

on a side note: whered Maroth go to school?

877355[/snapback]

UCF...where Im at. :thumbup

877427[/snapback]

UCF..where I WAS at. :thumbup