Kenny Rogers has been reinstated

MarlinsFans46

Sorry, the thread accidentally got deleted while trying to merge topics - here is the body of the messages.

MarlinsFanMan77

Baseball's union says Kenny Rogers has been reinstated, effective Wednesday.

Arbitrator Shyam Das ruled Tuesday to reinstate Rogers after he'd served 13 games, including Tuesday night's game, of his 20-game suspension for an altercation with two cameramen.

"I strongly disagree with arbitrator Das' decision today. It sends the wrong message to every one of our constituents: the fans, the media, and all our players," commissioner Bud Selif said in a statement. "There is a standard of behavior that is expected of our players, which was breached in this case.

"The arbitrator's decision diminishes the standard and is contrary to the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. In my opinion, the decision is seriously ill-conceived."

Source: www.espn.com and AP

Key fact is that he only served 13 games out of 20....is that just???

Beetle

"I strongly disagree with arbitrator Das' decision today...

Guy's name is Das.

How appropiate.

:hat

Capefish

"I strongly disagree with arbitrator Das' decision today," Selig said. "It sends the wrong message to every one of our constituents: the fans, the media and our players. There is a standard of behavior that is expected of our players, which was breached in this case. The arbitrator's decision diminishes that standard and is contrary to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. In my opinion, the decision is seriously ill-conceived."

MLB.com

The sports media totally blew Roger's actions out of proportion with thier "OMG THE MOST HEINOUS CRIME OF THE CENTURY THAT HITLER FELLOW IS NOT RIGHT THE WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!" rhetoric.

Rogers was totally out of line but it's not like he kicked this guy's ball in he just he shoved his camera around.

The sports media totally blew Roger's actions out of proportion with thier "OMG THE MOST HEINOUS CRIME OF THE CENTURY THAT HITLER FELLOW IS NOT RIGHT THE WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!" rhetoric.

Rogers was totally out of line but it's not like he kicked this guy's ball in he just he shoved his camera around.

897028[/snapback]

I too was surprised that he got 20 games to begin with. Part of it was him being in uniform when he did it, and you're held to a higher standard in that case. It probably would have been shorter if it were a position player (Rogers missed less games). Either way, I don't see how you get 10 games for steroids and 20 games for pushing over a cameraman. Sends the wrong message to players when you get punished less for compromising the integrity of the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.