Miami-Dade County is it

Guest Moneyball

Guest Moneyball

Get it done.

Alvarez, your term is up in 2008, and the Cuban American community loves it's Marlins. Be a leader and fight for this. :thumbup

You save the team before 2008 and you'll guarantee yourself another term, you lose the team they'll be hell to pay.

This goes for every political official in Miami-Dade. :thumbup

Get it done.

Alvarez, your term is up in 2008, and the Cuban American community loves it's Marlins. Be a leader and fight for this. :thumbup

You save the team before 2008 and you'll guarantee yourself another term, you lose the team they'll be hell to pay.

This goes for every political official in Miami-Dade.

I'll be tunning in 670AM at 6:00pm and see what kind of plan the community has. I still have a little hope

I think the Marlins are making a mistake in not trying to get funding from the state now that Lee will be gone. I don't think this organization is well run. In other words, Samson is an idiot. Loria needed to get someone more talented to run the organization. This divorced is probably tearing Loria up - Mrs. Loria's attorneys are probably eating him alive.

Guest Moneyball

Miami Dade

Mayor Carlos Alvarez

Phone: 305-375-5071

Email: mayor@miamidade.gov

It would be nice if the fans of MarlinsBaseball.com absolutely bombarded the county mayor's office with phone calls and emails.

Get it done.

This goes for every political official in Miami-Dade.

I'll be tunning in 670AM at 6:00pm and see what kind of plan the community has. I still have a little hope

David Samson will be in this show in 10 minutes

Recap of what Samson said:

Samson - "Priority #1, Will try to make a deal with Miami-Dade County, but will have to look outside of South Florida since time is running out"

"Portland, Northern Virginia in the running"

"2008 will be the earlierst they could move, but need deal ASAP to guarantee the future of this franchise. Hopefully in South Florida"

"a roof is still required, there won't be a stadium in Florida without a roof"

"we continue to talk to the county every week, regurarly"

"it is very important to the fans to contact county officials, and let them know you care about the team"

"Jeffrey spent 12 million dollar to design a stadium at the Orange Ball site"

"Local City of Miami polititians didn't believe Jeffrey Loria had the money to make the deal, and wanted to force Loria into selling the team"

"Loria will be the only owner to own the Marlins"

"If the Marlins leave, MLB will not return to South Florida ever"

"Jeffrey will never sell the team"

"Payroll cuts are being made to save the team"

No Va has the DC Expos and the Orioles no way can it support another mlb team , portland although i dont consider it a big time sport town is the city i worry about. as far as political pressure email Tom Lee and tell him you will not vote for him , if he got 10,000 plus emails he wouldnt block the vote on the matter in the senate. Maybe the locals can do more i personally think Loria is the problem the guy has owned 2 teams and gutted two teams , he doesnt have the money to be a long term owner , and his personal problems are a factor that is negatively effecting the team.

if loria is spending 12 million dollars to design a mini prototype of a stadium he really is alot worse of a business man than i imagined. Perhaps he will sell me the Marlins for 20 bucks and some magic beans

Guest Moneyball

Have you called, Moneyball?

Ofcourse.

Listening to Samson on Descarga Deportiva it's pretty obvious the team has had it with the CITY of Miami and not the county. He didn't mention his name but Arriola pissed off the team a lot with his comments throughout negotiations.

He also mentioned to contact your public officials.

(especially county officials)

It's also nice to see Samson stressed the "Loria will not sell" comments a lot. It shows the FO is atleast reading the boards.

Guest Moneyball

Have you called, Moneyball?

Ofcourse.

Listening to Samson on Descarga Deportiva it's pretty obvious the team has had it with the CITY of Miami and not the county. He didn't mention his name but Arriola pissed off the team a lot with his comments throughout negotiations.

He also mentioned to contact your public officials.

(especially county officials)

It's also nice to see Samson stressed the "Loria will not sell" comments a lot. It shows the FO is atleast reading the boards.

Lee is a from Tampa, he doesn't care about our vote. He is out in 2006 and the hope is that if the Marlins can last until 2007, they can do this. Right now, the hope is dwindling.

Lee plans on running for state CFO which is a statewide race , i know he already has one primary opponent he cant afford to ignore south florida voters if he plans on winning.