There is hope...

Accord

This was a great post that Marlins_Giants made but it got lost in the shuffle in another thread with the rest of the chaos going on today hardly anyone even saw it, well I thought this post warranted it's own thread for discussion, so here it is.

However, to put a positive spin on this.... I remember when the Giants were all but gone to St. Petersburg back in the early 90's.. and at the last minute, they were saved, got a new stadium.. and now they sell out practically every game.... Things look very dim right now, but don't give up hope.

Miccosukee could save us if they really wanted to.

I sent an email to the midget last year saying that they should look to the Miccosukee for some kind of partnership. I also suggested a users tax so only the paying baseball fans' taxes would be used. Of Course he responded with one of many of his arrogant, non related comments.

Back in the 70's we were supposed to get the Hartford Whalers of the WHL and something saved them.

Everytime a team builds a new stadium it revitalizes the area, not only in the team's attendance but all the businesses around it. Denver is the perfect example, before the Rockies Lodo was a dump, a place to get hookers and drugs.

Now its packed with bars and restaurants, and of course, baseball.

Those who say spending money on stadiums is a bad investment are probably the same idiots who think buying a car is a smart way to invest money.

The Marlins aren't dead yet... There are still ways to turn death into a fighting chance to live...In '97 Jim Leyland said this team had to have "One Heartbeat..."... This team still has a pulse as long as we are united in our common interests to keep this team alive. It will be a struggle for this team to fight for its freedom ... Not from tyranny, oppression, uncaring State Legislature, or persecution from the Media or other team's fans... but from annihilation or relocation. We are fighting for the Marlins right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Marlins nation will declare to the world in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish from the state of Florida without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! With one heartbeat, we celebrate our New Stadium!!!!"

I look at this as the Marlins announcing they have ceased negotiations with the City of Miami, nothing more. Of course that opens the door for them to consider opportunities anywhere. But somehow I still have a belief that some group in South Florida will step forth and offer a propsal that will work.

If more fans go to games this season and we raise our attendence over 25,000 per game then the Marlins will probably stay in Florida.

That wouldn't do anything. It's all in getting a new stadium. You could draw 40,000 per game, if they don't build a stadium, won't matter.

If more fans go to games this season and we raise our attendence over 25,000 per game then the Marlins will probably stay in Florida.

That wouldn't do anything. It's all in getting a new stadium. You could draw 40,000 per game, if they don't build a stadium, won't matter.

Well if 40,000 people showed up for every game and clearly showed they want a new stadium then I think we'd get a new stadium. Right now only about 20,000 people are showing they care about the Marlins. If we double it then we can improve our chances a lot more!