Alfonseca to return as closer?

From Rotoworld:

Antonio Alfonseca - R - Marlins

The Marlins have discussed re-signing Antonio Alfonseca and installing him as their closer. Alfonseca didn't resemble a closer while finishing with a 4.94 ERA in 27 1/3 IP last season. He's only had one good season in the last four, and that was his year under Leo Mazzone's guidance in Atlanta.

Our bullpen really has fallen from grace...

From Rotoworld:

The Marlins have discussed re-signing Antonio Alfonseca and installing him as their closer. Alfonseca didn't resemble a closer while finishing with a 4.94 ERA in 27 1/3 IP last season. He's only had one good season in the last four, and that was his year under Leo Mazzone's guidance in Atlanta.

When did our bullpen regain grace? Jones was unbelievable last year but otherwise I felt they should have played "Send In The Clowns" whenever someone was called out of the bullpen.

From Rotoworld:

When did our bullpen regain grace? Jones was unbelievable last year but otherwise I felt they should have played "Send In The Clowns" whenever someone was called out of the bullpen.

I guess I'm still dreaming of '03. :(

Guest markotsay7

As long as we're going young why not put a guy like Resop there?

It isn't like we're trying to win this year or anything. See how the kids can handle it. You never want Antonio Alfonseca to be your second highest paid player.

From Rotoworld:

I guess I'm still dreaming of '03. :(

The bullpen in '03 was terrible too.

Doesn't look too likely.

From today's Herald

One player who almost certainly won't be back is reliever Antonio Alfonseca, who was 1-1 with a 4.94 ERA in 33 games last season. The Marlins offered the 33-year-old right-hander $500,000 and another $750,000 in incentives, which the pitcher's agent, Juan Iglesias, turned down.

''We're so far off, it won't happen,'' Iglesias said.

Not sure what his agent thinks he can get for him at this point.... but whatever.