Panthers at Stars

TSwift25

In all freaking fairness. That penalty call was the most disgusting call I have seen since the Gratton Call in the Canadians game. Absolutely unbelievable.

I thought both penalties in the final 5 minutes were total BS. Mantador's holding was weak and Miettinen should have been penalized for a clear cut example of a dive. Koharski is one of the worst refs I have seen in any sport. :thumbdown

Panthers have lost about 5-9 points just by blowing the lead. They are 12 or so points out of the playoffs, if they didnt blow all these games they would be within striking distance. Its a shame.

Anyways I am excited I got tickets for Detriot, Flyers and Bruins in december during the Christmas break. It will be my first time back to the Bank Atlantic Center since march 2004.

So, why does this joke of a team has its own publicly funded arena and the Marlins don't?

Because Broward had the money to build an arena and Miami-Dade does not.

Seriously, there have been attempts to put a Marlins stadium into Broward but they are still paying off the debt on the Sunrise Arena, so they don't have the money to build a ballpark. Otherwise it wouldn't have been an issue. Broward would have built it, no problem.

I seem to recall when the Panthers franchise was granted, the needed a waiver from the NHL to play in the Miami Arena because it was not up to NHL standards. I believe the seating was below NHL minimum. In any case, they were awarded the franchise and given five years to construct a new arena.

Additionally, when the construction on the Sunrise Arena started, it was SUPPOSED to be the anchor for a project that was generally refered to as "Wayne's World" a sports themed related mall with the Arena on one end and a baseball stadium on the other. After the Marlins went to the World Series the first time, Huizenga was unhappy with the season ticket sales for the following season and decide to sell the team. As a result,

the sports theme mall project was also scraped, along with plans for a Marlins stadium.

There's no guarantee that any of this would have gotten done even if season ticket sales had been up to Huizenga's expectations, the guy seems to come up with bright ideas and then drop them like hot potatoes. Remember when he sold stock in the Panthers?

In short, all of the Marlins' current problems can be traced back to one guy -- Huizenga.

So, why does this joke of a team has its own publicly funded arena and the Marlins don't?

Seriously, there have been attempts to put a Marlins stadium into Broward but they are still paying off the debt on the Sunrise Arena, so they don't have the money to build a ballpark.

Precisely my point. Broward decided to subsidize something that Pock-faced Wayne could have paid for himself, and ditto with Miami-Dade and Micky Arison (ESPECIALLY Micky Arison). So the team that needs the money the most (the Marlins) lose out to these two welfare queens.