UN's hatred for Israel continues

Guest markotsay7

Guest markotsay7

If you go to the link you can see pictures of this: http://www.israelnn.com/news.php3?id=94461

The United Nations held a "Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People" last week. A large map of “Palestine,� with Israel literally wiped off the map, featured prominently in the festivities.

The ceremony was held at the UN headquarters in New York and was attended by Secretary General Kofi Annan and the Presidents of the UN Security Council and the General Assembly.

During the festivities, a map labeled a "map of Palestine� was displayed prominently between UN and PLO flags. The map, with “Palestine� written in Arabic atop it, does not include Israel, a member of the UN for 56 years. The map does not even demarcate the partition lines of November 29, 1947, marking a Jewish state alongside an Arab state. The partition was dictated by the UN General Assembly itself.

With the map hanging behind him, Secretary-General Annan addressed the public meeting at UN Headquarters.

At the start of the ceremony, the dignitaries present asked attendees to observe a moment of silence. “I invite everyone present to rise and observe a minute of silence in memory of all those who have given their lives for the cause of the Palestinian people,� the master of ceremonies said, “and the return of peace between Israel and Palestine.“

Anne Bayefsky, who reported on the event for the Eye on the UN organization, said that the ceremony's wording was aimed at giving honor to the worst of Palestinian terrorists. "It was a moment ... crafted to include the commemoration of suicide-bombers,� she wrote.

In response to the event, Bayefsky and her organization have once again asked the U.S. to withhold funding from the UN.

Israel was created by the UN and now there showing that the state is gone!!!!

Israel will never just fade away or go peacefully. Israel has the 3rd strongest army in the world and backed by the US army, there closest alie. Just look back at the 6-day war when the Arab countries had all but beaten the Israeli's then the Isreali defense forces fought back and pushed the troops out thoundsand's of miles, even out of there own countries.

This just show that the UN is a bounch of B.S.

Guest markotsay7

the fact that this has only appeared in a slightly biased israeli newspaper and no other major media outlet leads me to believe *yawn*

So then...the pictures are doctored? There's video on that site too.

The fact that this has only appeared in a slightly biased Israeli newspaper and no other major media outlet leads me to believe that no one cares.

Guest markotsay7

when was the map from?

and who cares about the video, this is mostly all about the Israelis making something out of nothing. what else is new?

How is it something out of nothing? Would you be cool if on a map of the United States at a UN hearing Texas was labelled as Mexico?

And they had a moment of silence for those who "gave their life" for the "Palestinian cause." What does that mean, those who killed themselves?

when was the map from?

and who cares about the video, this is mostly all about the Israelis making something out of nothing. what else is new?

How is it something out of nothing? Would you be cool if on a map of the United States at a UN hearing Texas was labelled as Mexico?

And they had a moment of silence for those who "gave their life" for the "Palestinian cause." What does that mean, those who killed themselves?

If the event was one day, why would I care? Texas isnt mexico, so it wouldnt bother me.

Guest markotsay7

when was the map from?

If the event was one day, why would I care? Texas isnt mexico, so it wouldnt bother me.

Israel isn't Palestine. But the "world leaders" are acknowledging that Palestine is, in fact, Israel, with no mention of Israel.

when was the map from?

if the map is current then its a problem.

if the map is an historic one, then who cares?

btw thanks for answering my question.

Guest markotsay7

when was the map from?

if the map is current then its a problem.

if the map is an historic one, then who cares?

btw thanks for answering my question.

I know as much as you do when the map was from, Adam. There was never an Arab country of Palestine, only a British mandate after the first World War, so even an historical map would be a bit troubling. But since the meeting is current, the fact that they're using a map as such is a problem. My guess would be it's a current map, anyhow, since Jordan exists in that map and that didn't happen till 1947, and "Palestine's" borders contain the West Bank and Gaza Strip and Golan Heights, which would mean they're using Israel's post-1967 borders.

That map looks extremely old to me.

Here is what the UN pages has on it:

The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is observed by the United Nations on 29 November each year, in accordance with mandates given by the General Assembly in its resolutions 32/40 B of 2 December 1977, 34/65 D of 12 December 1979, 59/29 of 1 December 2004 and other relevant resolutions.

The date of 29 November was chosen because of its meaning and significance to the Palestinian people. On that day in 1947, the General Assembly adopted resolution 181(II), which came to be known as the Partition Resolution. That resolution provided for the establishment in Palestine of a "Jewish State" and an "Arab State", with Jerusalem as a corpus separatum under a special international regime. Of the two States to be created under this resolution, only one, Israel, has so far come into being.

The Palestinian people, who now number more than 8 million, live primarily in the Palestinian territory occupied by Israel since 1967, including East Jerusalem, part of which is now administered by the Palestinian Authority; in Israel; in neighbouring Arab States; and in refugee camps in the region.

The International Day of Solidarity has traditionally provided an opportunity for the international community to focus its attention on the fact that the question of Palestine is still unresolved and that the Palestinian people have yet to attain their inalienable rights as defined by the General Assembly, namely the right to self-determination without external interference, the right to national independence and sovereignty and the right to return to their homes and property from which they had been displaced.

In response to the call of the United Nations, various activities are undertaken annually by Governments, civil society, academic institutions and others in observance of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People. These activities include the issuance of special messages of solidarity with the Palestinian people, the organization of meetings, the dissemination of publications and other information material and the screening of films.

At United Nations Headquarters in New York, the Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People each year on 29 November holds a solemn meeting to observe the Day of Solidarity. Speakers include the Secretary-General, the President of the General Assembly, the President of the Security Council and representatives of relevant United Nations bodies, intergovernmental organizations and Palestine. A message from the Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization and President of the Palestinian Authority is also read out at the meeting. Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) are invited to attend and a spokesperson for the international community of NGOs accredited to the Committee addresses the meeting.

A special bulletin containing the texts of the statements and messages received on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity is published annually by the Division for Palestinian Rights.

Other activities organized in New York in connection with the observance of the Day of Solidarity include a Palestinian exhibit sponsored by the Committee and presented by the Permanent Observer Mission of Palestine to the United Nations and the screening of films.

Meetings in observance of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People are also held at the United Nations Offices at Geneva and Vienna.

The United Nations information centres and services worldwide are available to assist Governments, NGOs and others wishing to organize special activities in connection with the Day by providing information and documentation.

Now if the UN wanted to destroy Israel, why would Annan say the following things at the same evil meeting:

Kofi Annan today called for renewed action by Israelis and Palestinians to meet their obligations under the Road Map peace process, which calls for parallel steps by both parties toward a final agreement.

"Performance of Road Map obligations is the way to move forward towards the shared goal of a sovereign, contiguous and democratic Palestinian State, living side by side in peace and security with Israel," Mr. Annan said of the plan, which is sponsored by the Quartet consisting of the UN, European Union, United States and Russia.

Yeah, destroy Israel but have a shared goal of sovereignty at the same time. Weird. :blink:

"I strongly urge the Palestinian and Israeli leaderships to work with each other, with Quartet Special Envoy James Wolfensohn, and with the Quartet to ensure that the agreement is implemented in full and on time," he said.

The coming elections would have an important bearing on the peace process, he said, but should not distract from the essential work of building mutual trust. "Palestinians need to be assured that the future viability of a Palestinian State will not be eroded by settlement expansion and barrier construction. Israelis need to be assured that their security will not be compromised by failure to act decisively against terror," he said.

Annan doesnt care about Israel but he says Israel needs to be assured that their security will not be compromised by terror. Interesting. :mischief2

Jan Eliasson, President of the General Assembly, also urged the parties to build on the achievements of the past several months by making progress along the Road Map. "It is crucial that Palestinians and Israelis now co-operate to the fullest extent possible. Actions which could aggravate the situation and increase suspicions and mistrust must not be undertaken," he said, stressing that the international community should focus its assistance on capacity-building programmes as part of a development strategy for a future Palestinian state.

Wow, its pretty clear from the words about that were said about Israel that the UN wants to eradicate Israel off the face of the earth. No wonder no impartial news agency chose to distort this.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO0511/S00546.htm

Guest markotsay7

Jordan was the 1947 Arab state solution, built on 80% of the Palestinian mandate's land. Israel was 20% of the land. No need to divide it more for a country that was already made. Jordan is Palestine, plain and simple.

what a shocker....its a lot over nothing.

and the date of the map is key...i mean if its a dated map as FM says, then who cares...and i can pull anything out of a speech and make it look like anything i want to...

and i could have sworn jordan was created a bit different than israel, but maybe thats just me, i'm no true expert on all the lunancy going on in that region.

****edit***.

also through jersalem itself isnt technically supposed to be in anyone's hands according to those UN resolutions, yet it somehow ended up in Israel's hands for reasons I havent figured out *probably cause i havent looked hard enough*

Guest markotsay7

and the date of the map is key...i mean if its a dated map as FM says, then who cares...and i can pull anything out of a speech and make it look like anything i want to...

and i could have sworn jordan was created a bit different than israel, but maybe thats just me, i'm no true expert on all the lunancy going on in that region.

****edit***.

also through jersalem itself isnt technically supposed to be in anyone's hands according to those UN resolutions, yet it somehow ended up in Israel's hands for reasons I havent figured out *probably cause i havent looked hard enough*

Because Israel got stuck with New (West) Jerusalem while Jordan got the East (Old City), which has the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque as well as the Western Wall, and in 1967 Israel captured Jerusalem.

****edit***.

Because Israel got stuck with New (West) Jerusalem while Jordan got the East (Old City), which has the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque as well as the Western Wall, and in 1967 Israel captured Jerusalem.

ya and its still supposed to be held by none if you actually look at the actual UN resolution that gave Israel a country for which they should be eternally grateful.

who cares what the UN has to say about anything even if they wanted to get rid of Israel how would they do it ? debate for 100 years than pass a meaningless resolution...UN is a corrupt institution run by 3rd world dictators , thank God they have no credibility in this country :notworthy

no credibility cause Bush gave the big middle finger to the entire international world a couple years ago, thus going a long way to fracture international relations.

If you ask me, there seems be two different countries on that map. The blue area next to the Meditteranean and the white area next to the Dead sea. But there is also blue area on the top and bottom portions of the dead sea.

But for some reason we should conclude based solely on this really tough to read map that the UN does not recognize Israel. But in the same event that they did not recognize Israel, they say Israel has a strong interest in defending itself and the goal is to have Israel living in solidarity with Palestine.