Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB & Stadium/H. Ramirez

Featured Replies

This argument really is getting stupid, but the point is, not everyone goes to a game together, if they did, the stadium lots wouldn't be filled as much as they are on game-day.

 

To say that a 28K average amounts to a 7K car average is foolish. If that's true, then every car contains 4 people. A lot of people go to games by themselves, not every single person, but a lot of people go to games alone, or at least drive there alone. A family of four that sits in front of me (father, three sons) have season tickets, and all arrive at different times. The dad meets his sons (all college kids) at the game, they sit together, they're family, but they come at different times, and obviously, in different cars.

To say that a 28K average amounts to a 7K car average is foolish. If that's true, then every car contains 4 people.

 

 

Not true at all. I am beginning to wonder if you know math. If 28K average comes to 7K cars it just means that, on average, each car carries 4 people. It doesn't mean that every car carries 4 people. Just use common sense, dude.

To say that a 28K average amounts to a 7K car average is foolish. If that's true, then every car contains 4 people.

 

 

Not true at all. I am beginning to wonder if you know math. If 28K average comes to 7K cars it just means that, on average, each car carries 4 people. It doesn't mean that every car carries 4 people. Just use common sense, dude.

 

Unless you have a family of 20 showing up in a van with every cousin imaginable in there, averages can't conceivably come into play here.

 

Think about it, your average family car has seating capability for 5 (4 comfortably). For every person that shows up at a game by himself, you'd need a car containing 7 people to show up to average that out to 4 per car...how many 7 seaters do you see at game? Because I'm pretty sure I see more people show up by themselves or with only one other passenger than seeing 7 seaters.

 

Then again, I guess I don't know math...

To say that a 28K average amounts to a 7K car average is foolish. If that's true, then every car contains 4 people.

 

 

Not true at all. I am beginning to wonder if you know math. If 28K average comes to 7K cars it just means that, on average, each car carries 4 people. It doesn't mean that every car carries 4 people. Just use common sense, dude.

 

Unless you have a family of 20 showing up in a van with every cousin imaginable in there, averages can't conceivably come into play here.

 

Think about it, your average family car has seating capability for 5. For every person that shows up at a game by himself, you'd need a car containing 7 people to show up to average that out to 4 per car...how many 7 seaters do you see at game? Because I'm pretty sure I see more people show up by themselves or with only one other passenger than seeing 7 seaters.

 

Then again, I guess I don't know math...

 

 

Yeah, but you said to average 7K cars every car must carry 4 people. That's just not true mathematically. Finding averages is not that simple (and not that illogical). (Actually, finding averages is really simple. It's division.) People ride in SUV's all the time. Those can carry up to 7 people. Big vans carry up to 7 people. I think an average of 3 people per car is about right - meaning that 28K fans per game would equal about 9.3333K cars. 7K is a bit low for 28K. But 18K would mean 1.5 people per car. People do show up to games after work - many people meet there. But you're forgetting the weekend crowds - those are bigger and have many more families.

 

Saying that you see more people show up by themselves or only one passenger than cars with 7 people doesn't prove anything. You have to figure out how many cars carry 3 passengers, 4 passengers, 5 passengers, and so on. In any case, 18K is wildly exaggeratted. More like 9-11K.

According to the Marlins they had already spent nearly $20 million with HOK on plans for a new stadium (at the OB). I would guess they don't want to flush that $$$ down the drain, so you have to believe they will want to salvage as much of that work as possible. I don't know the size of that stadium footprint, but if the renderings and models that have been published are accurate, it used a large sliding roof that would significantly increase the overall footprint of the stadium complex.

 

 

I didn't know that Stadiums have feet. They must have some really big shoes... LOL

I read it a long time ago, and I could be wrong, but it seems to me that somewhere in the OB plan as it was presented to either the City of Miami or the Miami-Dade commissioners, planners estimated 11,000 cars for a 38,000 seat sell-out.

 

That would work out to approximately 3.5 attendees per car.

 

Whether that translates to PPS (not urban, less public transportation, etc.) I don't know, but seems reasonable.

there is also a company that collects most of the money for the parking there. It is part of some business deal ( I bet Wayne owns it though).

 

Still this deal really and honestly gives them what they need more then anything else. I hope they take it.

I dont think that the OB site was gonna be much bigger if it is even bigger than the one proposed at JRS. The site at JRS is an easy site to build on. Its flat and nothing is on it as compared to the OB site.

 

What I hope happens even if it is a long shot? I hope something happens where Loria is forced out and Cisneros is able to buy the Marlins. Than the city of Miami starts working with Cisneros and the Marlins are able to get a stadium next to the American Airlines Arena on the water. This IS the best site possible. Whether it can happen or not, I hope thi sis what happens.

You guys are averaging 19,058 fans per game over the last 10 years. With 9,000 parking spots, you are talking about, basically, 2 people per car. That's pretty reasonable. Heck, you'd have room to spread out and BBQ.

 

In 1997, by far the best year for attendance, you averaged 29,000 fans per game. That works out to 3 people per spot. I don't think that is too unrealistic either.

 

In 2002, you guys averaged 10,000 fans per game. That's almost enough parking for each person to have their own space!

 

Bottom line, those numbers aren't too bad when taken into context with the number of fans who actually show up versus stadium capacity.

9,000 is obscenely low.

 

People don't come 4 or 5 deep in cars, it's 2 or 3 per car, at best, and most people (at least what I see) meet at games after work.

 

 

If 28,000 people come, atleast 15,000 cars. I will defend this argument to the death.

 

Whammy!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.