Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pokey Lost Passion for the Game

Featured Replies

According to his agent, Pokey Reese has no plans to return to baseball following his release from the Marlins.

 

The 32-year-old Reese lost his passion for baseball, agent Mike Nicotera told FOXSports.com. A comeback at some later date hasn't been ruled out, but it's unlikely that he'll join another team this year. Reese heads into retirement with a career line of .248/.307/.352 in 2,833 at-bats over eight seasons. Mar. 8 - 3:27 am et

Source: FOXSports.com

That's what I assumed... it sounds like there are more important things in his life than his job right now, which I respect.

 

I'm sorry that it didn't work out for Pokey playing for the Marlins, but I wish him well.

There's too much money involved to just walk away from the game like this, whether you've "lost your passion" or not.

There's too much money involved to just walk away from the game like this, whether you've "lost your passion" or not.

 

Not really, money doesn't buy happiness. Besides he's earned around 12 million in his career based on contracts so if he's been responsible with the money at all then money shouldn't be an issue.

There's too much money involved to just walk away from the game like this, whether you've "lost your passion" or not.

 

 

Tell me, are you a father? Because I'm thinking unless you are, you really wouldn't know.

So if it was just him losing his passion, why couldn't he contact the team to tell them that?

 

 

Exactly. What he did was selfish and unresponsible no matter if he lost his "passion" or not.

There's too much money involved to just walk away from the game like this, whether you've "lost your passion" or not.

 

 

Tell me, are you a father? Because I'm thinking unless you are, you really wouldn't know.

There are fathers out there working 15 hour days and breaking their backs every single day who have no passion at all for their job, but they still do it to provide for their family.

 

If you had the opporunitiy to ensure the financial security of your family for generations to come simply by playing baseball, would you turn that down and just walk away because you've "lost your passion?"'

 

Come on now.

There's too much money involved to just walk away from the game like this, whether you've "lost your passion" or not.

 

 

Tell me, are you a father? Because I'm thinking unless you are, you really wouldn't know.

There are fathers out there working 15 hour days and breaking their backs every single day who have no passion at all for their job, but they still do it to provide for their family.

 

If you had the opporunitiy to ensure the financial security of your family for generations to come simply by playing baseball, would you turn that down and just walk away because you've "lost your passion?"'

 

Come on now.

I cant tell if you are being serious or not

There's too much money involved to just walk away from the game like this, whether you've "lost your passion" or not.

 

 

Tell me, are you a father? Because I'm thinking unless you are, you really wouldn't know.

There are fathers out there working 15 hour days and breaking their backs every single day who have no passion at all for their job, but they still do it to provide for their family.

 

If you had the opporunitiy to ensure the financial security of your family for generations to come simply by playing baseball, would you turn that down and just walk away because you've "lost your passion?"'

 

Come on now.

 

Speculation was that there are custody issues with Pokey. I don't understand how any of you that haven't been in a situation like that can be critical of him.

There's too much money involved to just walk away from the game like this, whether you've "lost your passion" or not.

 

 

Tell me, are you a father? Because I'm thinking unless you are, you really wouldn't know.

There are fathers out there working 15 hour days and breaking their backs every single day who have no passion at all for their job, but they still do it to provide for their family.

 

If you had the opporunitiy to ensure the financial security of your family for generations to come simply by playing baseball, would you turn that down and just walk away because you've "lost your passion?"'

 

Come on now.

 

Speculation was that there are custody issues with Pokey. I don't understand how any of you that haven't been in a situation like that can be critical of him.

He still could have called

There's too much money involved to just walk away from the game like this, whether you've "lost your passion" or not.

 

 

Tell me, are you a father? Because I'm thinking unless you are, you really wouldn't know.

There are fathers out there working 15 hour days and breaking their backs every single day who have no passion at all for their job, but they still do it to provide for their family.

 

If you had the opporunitiy to ensure the financial security of your family for generations to come simply by playing baseball, would you turn that down and just walk away because you've "lost your passion?"'

 

Come on now.

 

Speculation was that there are custody issues with Pokey. I don't understand how any of you that haven't been in a situation like that can be critical of him.

He still could have called

 

Yes, but hear me out. Sometimes when things come up, that's all you're focusing on. I have been there. All I'm saying is give the guy the benefit of the doubt. A lot of times one thing becomes the only thing that you are focusing on for a few days, and people need to understand that "from a distance"

It's too bad. I wish Pokey the best and hope he doesn't regret his decision.

 

That being said, it's time to move on.

It's too bad. I wish Pokey the best and hope he doesn't regret his decision.

 

That being said, it's time to move on.

 

 

Yeah, definitely.

Very interesting turn of events. I wasn't here when this scenario played out, but I don't think it'll be a huge disaster to the 'chemistry' of the team or anything. If anything, it almost solves the issue of 2B for the Fish.

 

My Baby Marlin Uggla will be getting a lot of PT. :notworthy

I know what it feels like to loose Passion for something, it disables you. I think some marlin players lost passion for something last year.

He's lost the passion until his cash runs out. Then he'll be on ESPN or some other baseball related job as he suddenly "re-discovers" that passion.

He's lost the passion until his cash runs out. Then he'll be on ESPN or some other baseball related job as he suddenly "re-discovers" that passion.

 

 

Die, please.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.