Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Former Red Sox prospect Ramirez steals show against old club

Featured Replies

Former Red Sox prospect steals show

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Associated Press

 

VIERA, Fla. - Top infield prospect Hanley Ramirez went 3-for-3 and scored three times to lead the Florida Marlins' second offensive binge in as many days, helping them beat the Boston Red Sox 12-1 Wednesday.

 

The Marlins have totaled 34 runs and 42 hits in the past two games. They beat Washington 22-12 Tuesday, when they had 26 hits.

 

Ramirez tripled and singled twice against his former organization. The front-runner for the Marlins' shortstop job, he was acquired in an offseason trade that sent Mike Lowell and Josh Beckett to the Red Sox.

 

Rookie Dan Uggla hit a two-run homer, a double and a sacrifice fly for the young Marlins, who had 16 hits and scored in every inning. They improved to 5-1.

 

"It's important for them to get confidence playing at this level," manager Joe Girardi said. "And when I say playing at this level, I mean by winning."

 

Boston totaled three hits against six pitchers. Starter Renyel Pinto threw two scoreless innings getting the win.

 

Red Sox starter David Pauley gave up three runs and five hits in three innings and was the loser.

http://www.masslive.com/sports/republican/...2590.xml&coll=1

It's great to see the team responding well but these are spring training games (and with the WBC that means no stars). Let him for 0 for the rest of spring if it means he'll produce when it counts during the season.

Shadez was just doing the things that Shadez does.

 

 

 

I must admit that in all of our trades, Hanley was the one guy I thought we were absolutely buying high. He was, to me, the most likely of these top prospects to never live up to the hype. And I was ok with this for some reason. I figured we acquired two high end pitching prosects in Anibel and Petit, a solid if not spectacular hitter in Jacobs, two young and might end up being great guys in Gaby Hernandez and Ricky Nolasco, and a bunch of secondary players where maybe 2-3 might develop into 2nd tier bullpen/bottom of the order guys.

 

Now I am starting to think of the wonderful possiblity of Hanley Ramirez being a stud- a guy worthy of his "top prospect" billing. With our one day trade of a kick ass CF, Hermedia and Cabrera, Jacobs and Hammer, plus hanley....holy $hit we could have one hell of an offense very soon. And I haven't even mentioned the roundhouse kicks Dan Uggla is going to drop on people.

 

You've got to love the hope that spring brings.

Shadez was just doing the things that Shadez does.

 

 

 

I must admit that in all of our trades, Hanley was the one guy I thought we were absolutely buying high. He was, to me, the most likely of these top prospects to never live up to the hype. And I was ok with this for some reason. I figured we acquired two high end pitching prosects in Anibel and Petit, a solid if not spectacular hitter in Jacobs, two young and might end up being great guys in Gaby Hernandez and Ricky Nolasco, and a bunch of secondary players where maybe 2-3 might develop into 2nd tier bullpen/bottom of the order guys.

 

Now I am starting to think of the wonderful possiblity of Hanley Ramirez being a stud- a guy worthy of his "top prospect" billing. With our one day trade of a kick ass CF, Hermedia and Cabrera, Jacobs and Hammer, plus hanley....holy $hit we could have one hell of an offense very soon. And I haven't even mentioned the roundhouse kicks Dan Uggla is going to drop on people.

 

You've got to love the hope that spring brings.

 

Whammy

Robert Andino has been up for the challenge, he went 2-3 today with a double and an rbi.

Robert Andino has been up for the challenge, he went 2-3 today with a double and an rbi.

 

 

I'd love it if he was ready, but he didn't hit at all when we were still clinging to life in September.

Shadez was just doing the things that Shadez does.

I wonder if he loses his super powers when he doesn't wear the Shadez

 

Hurry, we need to have a night game and check!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.