3/28 Mets @ Marlins

Mets: Jose Lima

Marlins: Paul Craig Molldrem

Marlins have Reed in Center, Abercrombie in right and Olivo behind the plate. Other than that, it's business as usual.

Mets are playing their opening day lineup with Beltran in the 2-hole and Delgado batting third.

Moldrem's walked the bases loaded in the top of the first, Floyd now batting.

Floyd flies out to Abercrombie in right. Almost nabs Reyes at the plate. 1-0 Mets

Mets: Jose Lima

Marlins: Paul Molldrem

Marlins have Reed in Center, Abercrombie in right and Olivo behind the plate. Other than that, it's business as usual.

Mets are playing their opening day lineup with Beltran in the 2-hole and Delgado batting third.

Moldrem's walked the bases loaded in the top of the first, Floyd now batting.

Floyd flies out to Abercrombie in right. Almost nabs Reyes at the plate. 1-0 Mets

Isn't it Craig Molldrem? I think you might have mixed him up with my Baby Marlin from last season, Paul Mildren.

the mets announcers are absolutely making the marlins look like a bunch of losers, yet they're doing everything right. f***ers.

Can't wait for 2008 when Delgado's contract is absolutely killing them, they have no world series to show for all of this, and Kazmir, Petit, and Gaby would be three of their best 5 pitchers. :)

Not to get excited, and I think I've mentioned this before.. But TSwift mentioned this a couple of days ago too... Yes, Spring Training games are just that.. Spring Training.. But you can only ignore it for so long. These guys can hit. I'm looking forward to see what they can do against MLB pitching every day...

the mets announcers are absolutely making the marlins look like a bunch of losers, yet they're doing everything right. f***ers.

Can't wait for 2008 when Delgado's contract is absolutely killing them, they have no world series to show for all of this, and Kazmir, Petit, and Gaby would be three of their best 5 pitchers. :)

:thumbup

Not to get excited, and I think I've mentioned this before.. But TSwift mentioned this a couple of days ago too... Yes, Spring Training games are just that.. Spring Training.. But you can only ignore it for so long. These guys can hit. I'm looking forward to see what they can do against MLB pitching every day...

history has a little something to say about what a team's performance during spring training means for the regular season. basically, this:

1) teams that play like sh*t don't make the playoffs, regardless of talent level. basically, if the team goes 9-23 or 8-25 they're probably not going to make the playoffs. best example: your 2005 florida marlins.

2) if you have an outstanding record (20-10, 19-11, etc.) you're team won't be horrible. doesn't mean you'll make the playoffs, but you won't lose 100 games.

3) playoff teams tend to have anywhere from losing records (say, 12-16 or something) to outstanding records (marlins of 1997 tore up spring training).

3) terrible teams can play anywhere from terrible to pretty good (above .500, but not 17-6 or 20-9, etc.), but not outstanding.

:thumbup

history has a little something to say about what a team's performance during spring training means for the regular season. basically, this:

1) teams that play like sh*t don't make the playoffs, regardless of talent level. basically, if the team goes 9-23 or 8-25 they're probably not going to make the playoffs. best example: your 2005 florida marlins.

2) if you have an outstanding record (20-10, 19-11, etc.) you're team won't be horrible. doesn't mean you'll make the playoffs, but you won't lose 100 games.

3) playoff teams tend to have anywhere from losing records (say, 12-16 or something) to outstanding records (marlins of 1997 tore up spring training).

3) terrible teams can play anywhere from terrible to pretty good (above .500, but not 17-6 or 20-9, etc.), but not outstanding.

Yea I wonder what history says about the teams that finish spring training witht he BEST record. That is where the Marlins currently stand.