Favorite Johnny Cash Song

g8trz2003

there are numerous shames on this board.

boy named sue is great

hell so is man in black and then there is ring of fire and any of numerous upon numerous songs.

the fact that he was not only a country artist says a lot about him.

hell he has bascially been on a rap label...you would think the kiddies would know about him at least...oh wait...he is not a 'gangsta'

i am also going to mention folsam prison blues

but of course.

johnny cash is one of those unique artists that have transcended into numerous genres.

you can probably name them on one hand.

for any music lover to basically ignore his contributions shows your narrowmindedness of music.

what am i saying...50cent is in the final four in our top music poll.

of course the people here have no clue what 'music' is.

Guest marlins02

im not ignoring Johnny Cash its just that i didnt grow up on that type of music. i just grew up listening to R&B and hip-hop stations and my parents and grandparents would listen to Spanish music. Hip-Hop and R&B is what i perfer, its not that i dont think Jonny Cash didnt contribute to music. im sure he did its just that im not into that type of music

Guest marlins02

well i did listen to an Ella Fitzgerald cd, depressing as hell but not bad.

but i listen to what i like, what im used to. there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion. Marvin Gaye, Sinatra, the temptations, Michael Jackson, some Otis Redding songs, Luther Vandross, R.Kelly, Run-DMC, Public Enemy Tupac, Biggie and other old school artist are to me what Cash, Brooks and others are to you. theres nothing wrong with that

Guest marlins02

im not saying you're wrong. But have you ever decided "you know what? It wouldn't hurt to listen to other stuff."

Maybe some rock, or some classic rock. Or some country. Or some bluegrass. Or some classical even.

i like some Aerosmith, Linkin Park. my dad listens to some country and puts it in the car when he's not listening to spanish music. its nothing that really interest me. i've come across the bluegrass channel on my digital cable system(it has channels that just play music, no videos just music). definetly not something i can imagine listening to on a regular basis

although in my Media analysis class the other day we werelistening to different types of music. and the proffessor put on an Alan Jackson song. i dont know the name of it, but it was about Sept. 11th and it did hit me. i think it was a beautiful emotional song

you never tried becoming a little well-rounded musically?

What makes you think your music prefrence is better music than someone else?

Is all up to the individual on what he consider to be Music.I could sit here and bash country music all day because I personally don't like it which will lead to a big argument since there some country music fans here.

BTW

Don't think of me as a big Hip Hop/Rap fan because I'm not.

Back on topic...

I didn't know who Johnny Cash was until that song "hurt" which I find it to be a great song (Yeah I know it's country but there some good country songs out there.).

RIP Johnny Cash

i'm not a country fan .. i really don't listen to anything out there today .. but i do like some of the older stuff and i really like cash

i love the live performance of cocaine blues, oney, sit on my porch and pick on my old guitar, wanted man, man in black, don't take your guns to town, ballad of ira hayes and many others

What makes you think your music prefrence is better music than someone else?

Is all up to the individual on what he consider to be Music.I could sit here and bash country music all day because I personally don't like it which will lead to a big argument since there some country music fans here.

BTW

Don't think of me as a big Hip Hop/Rap fan because I'm not.

Back on topic...

I didn't know who Johnny Cash was until that song "hurt" which I find it to be a great song (Yeah I know it's country but there some good country songs out there.).

RIP Johnny Cash

you didnt know who Cash was?

And no, when I say be well-rounded, I don't mean listen to the type of music I listen to. I mean vary it. Listen to MANY differnet types of music. I mean everyone has a personal preference, but it don't hurt to give other genres a chance (which isnt just listening to a few songs on the radio).