Someone Needs to Make a Petition...

It's becoming more and more clear that MLB is not going to let Loria move this team out of South Florida, and into the crowded Texas baseball environment. It also doesn't look like the local, county, and state governments are going to be blackmailed by Loria for a stadium. They couldn't get anything done when we had a winning team and lots of big names. Now that we don't have that either, the odds of Loria getting his stadium are pretty low.

As far as I'm concerned, Loria has worked himself into a corner, and it's time for yet another ownership change. We need to get Samson out of here immediately. He's just awful for this team. Loria's obviously not helping either, with his stubborn refusal to accept anything less than a free stadium.

Who's with me on this?

A petition from the remaining fan base may anger Loria into trading D-Train and Cabs. It's already apparent he isn't exactly thrilled with us.

Why does it really matter? I doubt they'll be around for that long anyway. If the payroll has to stay this low, Cabrera and Willis will eventually be gone. What happened to the ownership promise of signing Cabrera and Willis to long-term deals? That never happened. I don't trust this ownership anymore, plain and simple.

Loria has said it a million times. he is not selling the team....period. Accept it, and move on.

What we should do as fans is get on our politicians to finalize a deal with Loria anywhere in South Florida. Hialeah now seems to have the edge over any other site.

Call, write and e-mail your county commissioners. If you live in Hialeah, contact your mayor and city officials. Tell them how much you want to keep the Marlins here. Do this frequently not just once. Tell your family and friends to do the same.

I see no other way that a Marlins fan help keep the Marlins here. Petitions are not going to get anything done.

Guest Jack1

what the hell could this possibly do? loria owns the team and no one can make him sell it.

Uh..don't be too sure about that. MLB is a dictatorship with Bud Selig at the helm.

Loria has said it a million times. he is not selling the team....period. Accept it, and move on.

What we should do as fans is get on our politicians to finalize a deal with Loria anywhere in South Florida. Hialeah now seems to have the edge over any other site.

Call, write and e-mail your county commissioners. If you live in Hialeah, contact your mayor and city officials. Tell them how much you want to keep the Marlins here. Do this frequently not just once. Tell your family and friends to do the same.

I see no other way that a Marlins fan help keep the Marlins here. Petitions are not going to get anything done.

Yeah, and he told Carlos Delgado that he would be a part of this team this year too!! I wouldn't believe anything that came out of any of this FO mouths!! Especially that little worm, Samson...there's just something about that guy!!

I guarantee you anyone who comes after him will ahve the same demands, and if Selig, Reinsdorf and DuPuy had their way; he'd be a bastard.

This team needs support right now. For them to stay, they need us to show that we want the Marlins. Show it to the Marlins by showing up for games, show it to your neighbors by proudly wearing your Marlins gear, show it to your local politicians by lobbying them, show it to your local media by pleading them to carry the Marlins. That is what will make a difference. Matching what you think Loria is doing, sitting in a corner and throwing shadow punches, doesn't do anything but force them to seek other options.

Codina could get this done. He knows all the right people in Florida and Miami. Cisneros could also get it done. Cisneros could simply fill the funding gap - he's got more than enough money to do it.

Fill the funding gap? Why couldn't/wouldn't Huizenga/Henry do this? Were they too poor? Or would it be a losing financial decision?

Guest Festa

Codina could get this done. He knows all the right people in Florida and Miami. Cisneros could also get it done. Cisneros could simply fill the funding gap - he's got more than enough money to do it.

Fill the funding gap? Why couldn't/wouldn't Huizenga/Henry do this? Were they too poor? Or would it be a losing financial decision?

Henry and Loria came down here knowing nobody and started demanding public funds for a stadium.

Codina and Cisneros are "insiders" and have a lot of power downtown.

Henry and Loria came down here knowing nobody and started demanding public funds for a stadium. Codina and Cisneros are "insiders" and have a lot of power downtown.

John Henry is/was a South Florida resident.

Guest Festa

Henry and Loria came down here knowing nobody and started demanding public funds for a stadium. Codina and Cisneros are "insiders" and have a lot of power downtown.

He still seen as an outsider to South Fla politics. One of the complaints against him is that he wasn't even at the helm of the team for a few months and didn't get to know some of the politicos and started asking for money and demanding the city and state build him a baseall stadium.

He still seen as an outsider to South Fla politics. One of the complaints against him is that he wasn't even at the helm of the team for a few months and didn't get to know some of the politicos and started asking for money and demanding the city and state build him a baseall stadium.

I think what you really mean is he isn't latin.

Guest Festa

I think what you really mean is he isn't latin.

If that's what it means to be an "insider" in South Florida than yes.

What's the excuse for Huizenga?

Not too familiar with what Wayne did on the stadium front.

yeah, nobody offered them public funds for a stadium.

There was some concession by the local/county governments, which closed the stadium funding gap to a reported $40 million. However, that still was too much for Loria and Co. to cover, so they went to the state, and failed to get that money.

In a cash-strapped government region like South Florida, there just isn't the willingness anymore to give away free stadiums, not after the AAA and Office Depot/whatever it's called now Center. The economy and policians can only take so much.

I agree, this is so friggin embarrassing that MLB and Bud (lite) Selig should step in force the Jack off Loria to sell the team by season's end. Is there any doubt why no one will be at the games this year, but our least favorite owner will spin the lack of attendance on "this just isn't a baseball town". Not the fact that you have a high school team plus two. I seriously thought about going to the game today, but then I remembered how boring the spring training game was and how horrible the first 6 games were to start the season. I can't torchure myself by going to such a pathetic sports franchise. I literally pray that Loria and Samson pull their greedy heads out of their asses and sell the team and move on to something they understand.

ONE OTHER THING........Girardi is a joke so far as a manager, but what do you expect, he is probably gettin minimum wage. Just a few stupid moves early in his managerial career: Pitching to a great hitter with runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out, what happened? Wright tripled knocking in 2. Should have walked him and pitched to the left handed Floyd. Pinch running for Cabrera late in the game with the score 3-2, what happens if that speedy runner scores and we have extra innings without our only major leauge hitter? He fits perfect with this bunch of ignorant players. He's John Boles reincarnated.

The Rays look good and if they played in the NL East they could make a run at the division. They are a fun team to watch and they don't threaten to leave plus they have new exciting management with money to spend. Don't you wish we had all of that here????

I just don't know how MLB can turn their backs on Loria and Samson and the mockery they are making of the game in south Florida. Selig needs to step in and take the team from them, let it be run by MLB until they find a solid owner that can afford a decent amount of the new stadium. LORIA YOU SUCK BIG GIANT SAMSON!! I HATE BOTH OF YOU AND I HOPE YOU (&()&)%^&(%&(&$^&^&*&&**&%^

Yeah, and he told Carlos Delgado that he would be a part of this team this year too!! I wouldn't believe anything that came out of any of this FO mouths!! Especially that little worm, Samson...there's just something about that guy!!

And we get to have our chance with Samson (supposedly) on Friday, as he is filling in for Hank Goldberg on 560. Lets see if we really can call or will Samson have all his little minons call in and tie-up the phone lines with butt-kiss calls that softball and allow him to talk non-stop and rip the City of Miami & the fans.

Lets all try to call and see if we can get the little weasel to really scream & yell and totally embarass himself. :lol

I guarantee you anyone who comes after him will ahve the same demands, and if Selig, Reinsdorf and DuPuy had their way; he'd be a bastard.

This team needs support right now. For them to stay, they need us to show that we want the Marlins. Show it to the Marlins by showing up for games, show it to your neighbors by proudly wearing your Marlins gear, show it to your local politicians by lobbying them, show it to your local media by pleading them to carry the Marlins. That is what will make a difference. Matching what you think Loria is doing, sitting in a corner and throwing shadow punches, doesn't do anything but force them to seek other options.

Let them. Having NO baseball is better than having a team owned by Loria.

John Henry was biding his time owning the Marlins. He never tried that hard to get a stadium. He and Selif knew all along that the Red Sox would be on the market sooner rather than later, and a deal was struck that if he came and did his time in So Fla, he'd then have the chance to buy the Bo Sox.

By the way, where did Henry get the money to pay $ 750 million for the Bo Sox & Fenway, but couldn't fund the $ 300 million for a new Marlins stadium ? Hasn't that thought ever bothered you ??? It sure pissed me off :mad

By the way, where did Henry get the money to pay $ 750 million for the Bo Sox & Fenway, but couldn't fund the $ 300 million for a new Marlins stadium ? Hasn't that thought ever bothered you ??? It sure pissed me off :mad

He wasn't the majority owner of the Red Sox. I have no idea how much money he paid to get involved in that, but he's one part of an ownership group.

He wasn't the majority owner of the Red Sox. I have no idea how much money he paid to get involved in that, but he's one part of an ownership group.

Why then couldn't he have gotten this consortium to help him fund a Marlins Stadium ? :mischief2