Padres vs Marlins---1:05et---at Dolphin Stadium

Ramp

versus

---

Despite four straight losses, the Marlins have some signs of encouragement.

Rookie shortstop Hanley Ramirez ranks in the top five in the National League in batting average at .440. After collecting a triple and double in Tuesday's 9-3 loss to San Diego, Ramirez is now 11-for-25, and he's hit safely in all six Marlins' games.

Overall, the Marlins need more consistent production throughout the roster.

Veteran Brian Moehler heads to the mound in hopes of snapping the slide. Hit hard in his first start, a loss at Houston, Moehler has been working on ironing out some glitches in his delivery. The right-hander has been off mechanically since his last few Spring Training starts.

In two innings at Houston, he gave up six runs, including two homers.

Moehler is going on six days' rest, due to a couple of off days between scheduled starts. Over that span, he feels he corrected the flaws in his delivery.

Josh Willingham is expected to catch for Moehler.

Manager Joe Girardi has been starting Miguel Olivo behind the plate for Dontrelle Willis and Sergio Mitre, while Willingham has regularly caught Moehler dating back to Spring Training.

The Padres are going with Chris Young, a 6-foot-10 right-hander.

Pitching matchup

FLA: RHP Brian Moehler (0-1, 27.00)

Rocked for six runs on six hits in two innings in his first start of the season, Moehler looks to bounce back in Florida's home opening series. Moehler threw 31 pitches in his loss last Wednesday at Houston, surrendering a pair of two-run home runs. The 34-year-old has faced the Padres just once in his career, without logging a decision.

SD: RHP Chris Young (0-0, 6.75)

Young, who came over to the Padres in an offseason trade with the Rangers, will rely on his fastball and a developing assortment of off-speed stuff.

Player to watch

Khalil Greene connected on two home runs and drove in four runs on Tuesday, helping foil the Marlins' home opener. For the season, the Padres shortstop has four home runs and 10 RBIs. He also made a slick defensive play, robbing Mike Jacobs with a leaping catch, then doubling-up Miguel Cabrera at second base.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

? Gameday

? Official game notes

On television

? FSN Florida

On radio

? 560 WQAM, 1140 WQBA (Espa?ol)

Other things to look for:

?Brian Moehler is most famous for: keeping Ricky Nolasco's spot warm

?Chris Young is most famous for: being 6'10

?Will the black hole strike again

?How many people over 10,000 show up

?If Reggie Abercomrbie can get on the board with his first major league extra base hit

?How many MB.com users will say "I dont remember Mike Piazza ever being a Marlin"?

?Look at the chick in the hot tub!

?And finally, can the Marlins get a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge win back in South Fla?

All this and sooooo much more, this afternoon as the Florida Marlins take on the San Diego Padres live live LIVE in Dolphin Stadium

Guest Festa

Is it me or did the arial sp? view show a good crowd?

That was a clip from an aerial shot last season. If you didn't notice that stadium lights were on and it looked like a twilight shot.

Is it me or did the arial sp? view show a good crowd?

That was a clip from an aerial shot last season. If you didn't notice that stadium lights were on and it looked like a twilight shot.

Thats what I thought but then I was like why would they show that from another game.

The United States Marine Corps. uses the slogan "The Few, the Proud". That same slogan could be used by Florida Marlins fans.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

is mlbtv not working for anyone.. or is it just me?

Its working for me but im watching another game because im instate so its blacked-out. Couldnt go today, in class as we speak... Had to give up my two seats for today

1 Out, Roberts fouls out to Jacobs...