Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

With the #2 seed locked up..

Featured Replies

  • Author

Friggin' A.. the kid finally gets a start and I skip it because I didn't feel like watching us play the Hawks. He put up some nice numbers. Hopefully he starts tommorw against Boston.

I'm sure he'll get major minutes tomorrow. I just hope my TV is working by then cause I want to see him play too.

 

Another good performance would certainly raise his trade value. Not that I really want to trade him, but he's really our only tradeable commodity. I wouldn't put it past Riles to ship him out for some aging joker...maybe Chris Gatling is available.

Greg Anthony just said Miami is a potential playoff opponent that Washington would match up well against. :lol

 

We've beaten them, what, 16 straight times? I don't think there's a team in the NBA I'd rather play against than the Washington Wizards.

Saturday I think.

 

The way I have it figured, if Chicago wins tonight, the Heat play Chicago.

 

If Chicago loses, then the Heat play Milwaukee, and Chicago gets Detroit.

 

Indiana appears to have the #6 locked up. Washington gets the #5.

 

I'd be pretty surprised if there are any upsets in the East in the first round.

 

If NJ loses, though, that would set up a possible Lebron-Wade matchup.

 

DORRELL is again the high scorer tonight with 20 pts on 5-10 shooting, 10-12 at the line. 7 boards, 3 assists, 2 steals. 4 turnovers.

 

Why didn't he get at least some minutes this year? At this point, you can't really put him on the playoff roster, as he's completely untested. But seriously, if I were going to replace anyone on the roster with Dorrell, it would be Antoine. I'm not saying Antoine's a worse player than, say, Doleac or Shandon Anderson. But whereas each of those guys excels at something...Doleac at being tall, and Anderson at defense...Walker is pretty much mediocre at everything.

 

I haven't seen Dorrell Wright play, so this comes with a very large grain of salt...or several smaller grains, if you prefer...but from his lines the last two nights, there doesn't seem to be anything he does worse than Antoine.

 

Oh well...we'll probably going to sink with Antoine.

  • Author

Heat vs Bulls...

 

Dwyane Wade vs Ben Gordon should be fun to watch.

 

Shaq is gonna own in this series.

If NJ loses, though, that would set up a possible Lebron-Wade matchup.

The NBA doesn't reseed after every playoff series, so if NJ is upset, that would mean we play the Pacers in the 2nd round.

thank you for the information on him dude, any idea of how long do we have him signed for?

 

through 2007-08:

2005-06 $1,032,200

2006-07 $1,104,300

2007-08 $1,700,622 (team option)

 

Huh. That makes the NBA retarded.

 

the real joke is that the division winners hold the top 3 seeds, even if theyre not the top 3 records in the conference (ie Dallas gets a 4 seed despite being 2nd in the west)

I TiVo'd the game and just watched it. Dorell Wright is AWESOME.

 

His jumper looks smooth, his athleticism is very apparent and his future looks BRIGHT. He needs to improve his strength and get some more experience, but that should come in time. God, I hope we don't trade him because he can really help us as early as next year.

 

He played mostly the point tonight, and some 2 guard but looked very comfortable doing both. In the first half, he had some nice drives that got him to the line where he knocked down 7-8 there. However, in the 2nd he really showed off the new jumper and athleticism.

 

First, he had a SWEET move against Gerald Green where he faked like he was going with Earl Baron's screen right and then exploded left where he went up from one side of the basket and got fouled very hard, however he flipped the ball up on the way down and made a very acrobatic and 1 shot, very Dwyane Wade like. He also hit a very deep jump back shot later in the game. A third shot that sticks out in my mind was a play where he got the ball with about 3 seconds left on the shot clock, made a quick move to try and free himself for a jumper about a foot inside the 3-point line and made the shot while getting fouled.

 

I wish Riley would include him in the playoff rotation but more realistically, I am hoping for some good, meaningful minutes for him next year.

 

P.S. He also swished 2 3-pointers that didn't count because of whistles that blew just prior, but the range looked good and the shot looked natural and fluid.

Huh. That makes the NBA retarded.

 

the real joke is that the division winners hold the top 3 seeds, even if theyre not the top 3 records in the conference (ie Dallas gets a 4 seed despite being 2nd in the west)

 

Well, I don't really have a problem with that part of it. Every sport does that. Without that, you may as well just get rid of divisions altogether.

Huh. That makes the NBA retarded.

 

the real joke is that the division winners hold the top 3 seeds, even if theyre not the top 3 records in the conference (ie Dallas gets a 4 seed despite being 2nd in the west)

 

Well, I don't really have a problem with that part of it. Every sport does that. Without that, you may as well just get rid of divisions altogether.

i think division champs should be guaranteed a playoff spot, but thats it. keep the divsions, just dont give more favorable seeding to division winners over teams with better records

I dont know what most Heat fans think, but the Bulls are the one team I wouldnt want to play right now if I was a top seed. Of course Shaq could end up eating Tyson Chandler.

Wright is 6' 8" and he can play the point guard, shooting guard, and small foward. Thats pretty awsome.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.