New stadium benefits

MiamiMarlins1

The Marlins are in a place right now that was similiar to the Indians in the 90's. Cleveland had a great young team going to into their new stadium. In two or three years when the Marlins get a new stadium they will be at the same point. All this young talent will be seasoned and the good ones will stick around as the bad ones leave. As they make their way to a new stadium, Loria can spend some money on some free agents from the revenue generated from selling the new luxury boxes. I think this fire sale was a neccesity. They weren't really genrating any new fan interest with last years team. Hopefully a new stadium in a better location will get fans going out to the game. The money the Marlins save now can go towards the team in the future to retain good talent and lure top line free agents. We will never have the market of Cali, NY, or Chicago, but if they mirrior Cleveland game plan, we should be able to compete 7years out of every 10. Just thank god ownership isn't like the Royals. Look at what a disaster that franchise is. Let's just hope all this happens in the Marlins only hometown Miami, while their at it change the name to Miami as well

if their move to hialeah i think that hialeah mayor most likely want them to be call hialeah marlins so city will be know every were

I doubt that would happen. Hialeah is a suburb of miami so I dont know if that would be allowed. Plus Hialeah marlins sounds really stupid imo

if their move to hialeah i think that hialeah mayor most likely want them to be call hialeah marlins so city will be know every were

If that be the case, the Marlins will not move to Hialeah. They won't change the name to that. Miami Marlins maybe, but not the Hialeah Marlins.

No way, Miami sounds so much better. Almost all teams are identified by their city, not state, Marlins, D-Backs, and Rangers are the only State names

what will hialeah ask back from marlins to move them here?

I think just the benefit of having a stadium there could really add to the area. As long as they develop it like Pittsburgh and San Diego, where the area around the stadium offers other things to do beside just going to a game. An office complex would be a nightmare for both the workers, b/c of traffic, and people going to the game, for activities to do before and after the game.

After Miami's attempted extortion of the team by Joe Arroila and company you can be sure the words "Miami" and "Marlins" are not going to be on the same sign together any time in the near future.

The Florida National League Baseball Team in Hialeah....no Miami in there anywheres.

More likely than not they remain the Florida Marlins. Should this deal happen they might get a little bit of both worlds: a regional name that encompasses a given geographical area and a location that is more conducive to urban development (which is extending the city of Hialeah to include annexed land) in the near future.

Of course, there are a lot of assumptions involved and a lot of complications may scuttle the whole thing.

It was not the City of Miami that wanted to have the name changed to Miami. It was Miami Dade County Commissioners and the reason why is because they are making a large contribution to this stadium. I remember the meeting well because I was their. I do not know if in this new proposal it would remain the same (meaning changing the name) because once again Miami Dade County is making a large contribution to the stadium. I don't have a problem either way on the name I'll just be happy we get to keep the Marlins.

keep it simple. Florida Marlins

If the Miami-Dade Commission wants to call them Miami Marlins, I don't think Loria and/or MLB won't oppose. Money talks

It was not the City of Miami that wanted to have the name changed to Miami. It was Miami Dade County Commissioners and the reason why is because they are making a large contribution to this stadium. I remember the meeting well because I was their. I do not know if in this new proposal it would remain the same (meaning changing the name) because once again Miami Dade County is making a large contribution to the stadium. I don't have a problem either way on the name I'll just be happy we get to keep the Marlins.

I think this was a City of Miami demand, I may be wrong.

But that's what I remember

I remember the County commissioners in that meeting overwhelmingly wanting to change the name since Miami Dade are making a large contribution to the stadium. They were also talking about Wayne Huizienga in that meeting and also how the Dolphins have not been the same since they left the Orange Bowl. (they were just joking around and even took a couple of jabs at Wayne Huizienga) Our favorite Marlin front office man was there David Samson (being sarcastic) in front of all the county commmissioners he agreed to change the name if thats what it would take along with the proposal that was offered at that time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.