ps3 date and cost released at the e3

^_^

500 bucks for the 20 gig? f*** thats outrageous

though i know ill prob break down and buy the 20 gig, i wont even consider getting the 60 for $100 more

BTW...to buy the 20 gig youd have to start putting away 5 dollars a day starting today to get up to the MSRP (plus 7% sales tax)

the nintendo one often has such worse games is the problem.

What was that?? :blink: Don't take it the wrong way, I just have no idea what you just said. Sorry..

And I think Nintendo held back the price of the Wii after seeing the reaction everybody was to the price of the PS3. Its going to be $200 or less more than likely and expect it to be out in October so that it atleast has a month head start on the PS3.

Confirmed launch titles include:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii version)

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Duck Hunt 2

Madden 2007

Red Steel

Tony Hawk Downhill Jam

Dragon Quest Swords The Mask Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Nintendo Sports (Baseball, Golf and Tennis)

Almost every Nintendo published NES, SNES, N64 and GameCube games, as well as Sega Classics (Genesis for sure and I'm not sure about the Master System), and Turbo Grafix 16 games

And those are just the games we know of.

This could convince me to buy a Wii. Especially if they do get Sonic on there. That'd clinch it.

Online I can call it the Wii, but in person, I have to say Revolution. Wii sounds too dumb.

When I went to Gamestop the other day, the guy had asked me if I wanted to reserve anything right away. I told him no but what was waiting to see how the Revolution would turn out. Surprisenly he had came back and said its no longer called Revolution, but called Wii. I think after that and talking with the guy for a minute or two, I've gotten over my hesitation to call it Wii out on the public.

This could convince me to buy a Wii. Especially if they do get Sonic on there. That'd clinch it.

Online I can call it the Wii, but in person, I have to say Revolution. Wii sounds too dumb.

When I went to Gamestop the other day, the guy had asked me if I wanted to reserve anything right away. I told him no but what was waiting to see how the Revolution would turn out. Surprisenly he had came back and said its no longer called Revolution, but called Wii. I think after that and talking with the guy for a minute or two, I've gotten over my hesitation to call it Wii out on the public.

Yeah, but it just sounds so goofy, especially if you are talking to somebody who hasn't heard of the name change.

Either way, this news, plus Mario Galaxies makes it look like my dorm will be decked out with a Wii on the hi-def.

I don't understand any of this stuff, but everywhere I look people are going nuts over this Wii thing. I really don't get the concept behind the controller at all, but nonetheless it sounds cool.

I am a Nintendo loyalist, so if I do get something it will be the Wii. On the other hand, I haven't played a video game in about a year, and I'm not sure now is the best time to pick up the habit again.

I'll buy one.

*shrugs*

I spend about that much on Bengals tickets. Not a thing.

Me too.

I have had both PS2 and XBox for years.

While $599 is expensive, it is worthwhile.

It's not just 600 bucks. The games are going to be through the roof as well.

$500 for the bottom end model, are they out of their f***ing minds?

Games will probably be $50 or $60, you buy 4 or 5 games plus the system and you're already at almost-$800+

And they'll probably sell on eBay for a huge premium also for the first few months, absurd.

Games will probably be $50 or $60, you buy 4 or 5 games plus the system and you're already at almost-$800+

And they'll probably sell on eBay for a huge premium also for the first few months, absurd.

and they are selling it at a loss! :blink: seriously if they charged what it cost it would be closer to $800.

that is one of the things going for it

it will be one of the cheapest blu-ray dvd players out there and also be a gaming system on top of it.

but yeah i heard games will be abour $70. if the wii is around $150 i might just get that because hell that will be the cheapest thing out there.

^_^ )-->QUOTE( ^_^ @ May 11 2006, 2:24 AM) 1144032[/snapback]

and they are selling it at a loss! :blink: seriously if they charged what it cost it would be closer to $800.

that is one of the things going for it

it will be one of the cheapest blu-ray dvd players out there and also be a gaming system on top of it.

but yeah i heard games will be abour $70. if the wii is around $150 i might just get that because hell that will be the cheapest thing out there.

Be careful. I said the exact same thing and got jumped on for it :mischief