SI's horrible top 25

Fishfan79

Guest Fritz

Wow, FSU way higher than I expected an Auburn a bit lower than I expected.

Florida is a little lower than I expected too, but I think they'll (we'll?) be really good this year, just got a tough-ass schedule.

West Virginia strikes me as one of those teams that everyone knows will be good andn then drops like 2 games early and winds up with like 5 losses.

Ohio State has the best offense in the country.

tOSU lost 9 defensive starters but when you are putting guys like Marcus Freeman in for Hawk (who would have started on a ton of top 25 caliber programs last year), Malcom Jenkins at CB and Jamario O'Neal (remember the name) at Safety it won;t be as bad as people think, not even close. There was a ton of talent on the OSU sideline last year that in any other year would have been starting.

18 seems about right since we're losing our stud LBs and WRs... but not many teams will want to mess with the Big Tens best QB and RB.

Tate's senior season in renovated Kinnick and Albert Young running for a Heisman.. man, I can't wait.

I like the #1 choice and that seems the clearest.

Other than that, it's a toss-up. Auburn should be WAY higher. Florida could be one of the most talented teams, but they'll never get through that schedule alive.

No Tennessee??? I know they were bad last year but TCU can't sniff the talent UT has.

Tennessee underachieved last year. There is no way they aren't one of the top 25 teams in the country next year. Especially with Cutcliffe back at the helm of the Offense.

Wow Canes at #20? Well I guess after the @$$ whupping LSU put on them in the Peach Bowl, its not at all surprising. It doesn't look like they are going to be much better this year...

Why the U has not found a capable QB since Dorsey is beyond me.

18 seems about right since we're losing our stud LBs and WRs... but not many teams will want to mess with the Big Tens best QB and RB.

Tate's senior season in renovated Kinnick and Albert Young running for a Heisman.. man, I can't wait.

Will Iowa be losing to Northwestern at home or on the road this year???

:mischief2

Wow Canes at #20? Well I guess after the @$$ whupping LSU put on them in the Peach Bowl, its not at all surprising. It doesn't look like they are going to be much better this year...

hmm Wright was rated as a 5 star QB coming out of H.S. He was actually the most recuited one in the country. He was a freshman last year give the kid some time to mature before we crusify him. The O-line is their question mark this year.

Their defense is top 5 again in the country. It will be all up to that o-line for how far they go.

maybe because Berlin and Wright havent had half the firepower on offense that Dorsey did

not to mention how the o-line has declined each year since Dorsey graduated

Will Iowa be losing to Northwestern at home or on the road this year???

:mischief2

bah!

That game killed me last year.. what a choke job that was.

But yea, you guys will lose by 50.. though that RB you have is a stud. ;)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...p.25/index.html

I dont like it at all. LSU should be number 1 in my opinion.

Isnt Ohio State starting 9 new players on defense?

That's pretty good for a list made before any games have been played. tOSU has brought in TONS of these teams where the defense is picked apart by the NFL, I can't name a time our defense has been "bad." Plus that true freshman is SICKO.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.