I would trade the D-Train...

Guest Juanky

I apologize for having a creative thought...something usually unheard of in this day in age...Actually if DT continues with his bad year I wouldn't trade him. Now do i have to explain that line of reasoning as well?

How is regurgitating what the national media has been saying all season a creative thought?

I apologize for having a creative thought...something usually unheard of in this day in age...Actually if DT continues with his bad year I wouldn't trade him. Now do i have to explain that line of reasoning as well?

How is regurgitating what the national media has been saying all season a creative thought?

Is that what I did Juanky?...regurgitate what the national media has been saying this year?...Damn i must be really stupid or I can't read! You mean there have been rumours of Willis and Cabrera being part of the "market correction" or whatever Sampson wants to call it? You mean there have been several threads commenting on this before in this forum?...Golly Gee whiz I'll be darn!...Duh! You wanna enlighten me on this matter? Juanky I was responding to the reasoning why we should trade Willis sooner rather than later from a fan's point of view versus Loria's which is obviously to line his pocket. Now I ask did you need any help comprehending my posting...if you prefer i can even write in Espa?ol. Anything that you need in order to increase your degree of understanding. I fully understand there are such barriers as ADHD, developmental disorders and functional illiteracy, if any of these apply sorry buddy can't help you

Is that what I did Juanky?...regurgitate what the national media has been saying this year?...Damn i must be really stupid or I can't read! You mean there have been rumours of Willis and Cabrera being part of the "market correction" or whatever Sampson wants to call it? You mean there have been several threads commenting on this before in this forum?...Golly Gee whiz I'll be darn!...Duh! You wanna enlighten me on this matter? Juanky I was responding to the reasoning why we should trade Willis sooner rather than later from a fan's point of view versus Loria's which is obviously to line his pocket. Now I ask did you need any help comprehending my posting...if you prefer i can even write in Espa?ol. Anything that you need in order to increase your degree of understanding. I fully understand there are such barriers as ADHD, developmental disorders and functional illiteracy, if any of these apply sorry buddy can't help you

little bit hostile? Please be nice, both of you. But I think the subject of trading D-train has been brought up close to 400 different times in posts from all angles upon the board hence Juanky and many others get tired of hearing it you know? Sorta a touchy subject I guess because of so many people have been traded off already. Personally I think they should keep him. A lefty 24 year old pitcher that can do what he can do is rare. Plus he is a face and a name that is known nationally and locally. D-train is charismatic. Lord knows the front office seriously lacks that.

I've been saying for a while, that i'd like to see the Marlins and the D'backs balance out their prospects.

The marlins could trade a Scott Olsen for a Chris Young, and solve both teams' glaring weaknesses.

Involving D'Train is interesting because you could then legitimately ask for one of their superstar prospects.

D'Train could bring in a Justin Upton or a Carlos Quentin. If you can pry two of those kind of guys away from them, then yes, D'train leaving is a viable option. How about Carlos Quentin, Chris Young, and Miguel Montero for D'Train and (pick a pitching prospect) . How solid would that make the Fish Lineup? Plus Arizona would have a true number one to add to Brandon Webb, plus an elite rookie pitcher for their 3 spot.

The D'backs with the D'train, it almost makes perfect sense.

Look at the Diamondbacks. They sure as hell need a top of the rotation starter because they are about to get really good when Jackson/Quentin/Gonzalez/Drew/Upton start producing, and they are loaded with all sorts of goodies in the minors they don't necessarily 'need' - Chris Young (CF) and Miguel Montero ?. You'd probably get a pretty good arm as a throw in as well. Probably not Nippert or Mock, but something of value.

No one on this forum can honestly say that Dontrelle Willis is an "ace" pitcher...

I just feel that he does not have the stuff to sustain his dominance from a year ago. Willis relies on deception more than anythign else, and he is starting to become less and less deceptive (and effective).

If you trade him this year, there will be some desperate teams out there willing to throw some big name prospects in our direction. If you can get a flamethrower and an above average centerfielder for D-Train, i say do it

Guest Juanky

How is regurgitating what the national media has been saying all season a creative thought?Is that what I did Juanky?Yes.

No one on this forum can honestly say that Dontrelle Willis is an "ace" pitcher...

I just feel that he does not have the stuff to sustain his dominance from a year ago. Willis relies on deception more than anythign else, and he is starting to become less and less deceptive (and effective).

If you trade him this year, there will be some desperate teams out there willing to throw some big name prospects in our direction. If you can get a flamethrower and an above average centerfielder for D-Train, i say do it

D-train is an Ace pitcher, I can honestly say that.

he won the most games in the major leagues last year. He was rookie of the year his first year. He isnt a power pitcher, he is an Ace pitcher though.

Milton is a power pitcher, he isnt an Ace. They dont mean the same thing.

I've been saying for a while, that i'd like to see the Marlins and the D'backs balance out their prospects.

The marlins could trade a Scott Olsen for a Chris Young, and solve both teams' glaring weaknesses.

Involving D'Train is interesting because you could then legitimately ask for one of their superstar prospects.

D'Train could bring in a Justin Upton or a Carlos Quentin. If you can pry two of those kind of guys away from them, then yes, D'train leaving is a viable option. How about Carlos Quentin, Chris Young, and Miguel Montero for D'Train and (pick a pitching prospect) . How solid would that make the Fish Lineup? Plus Arizona would have a true number one to add to Brandon Webb, plus an elite rookie pitcher for their 3 spot.

Look at the Diamondbacks. They sure as hell need a top of the rotation starter because they are about to get really good when Jackson/Quentin/Gonzalez/Drew/Upton start producing, and they are loaded with all sorts of goodies in the minors they don't necessarily 'need' - Chris Young (CF) and Miguel Montero ?. You'd probably get a pretty good arm as a throw in as well. Probably not Nippert or Mock, but something of value.

I would have no interest in giving up Olsen for Young or d-train plus one of our elite pitching prospects for 3 solid prospects. I think you are balancing their prospects upwards too much.

D-train can be moved because of his age, and abilities shown at the trading deadline for alot more then that to a contender.

Personally I think if he was pitching good 90% of the people that have appeared to say trade him wouldnt be saying anything. (Not saying anyone of you in particular so please dont read into that statement as a personal insult).

No way should we trade them that much young SP, and they wouldn't be moving so many of their outfielders. We'd want Young because of his pure CF-ness, and not Upton because he is less progressed. We need help sooner rather then later. Dontrelle is it, and only if Loria decides he isn't going to pay him 3/$27 the next few years. I think you get 1 of the outfielders, Montero, and any arm in the system not named Nippert or Mock. That's a hell of a 3-1 one for the Marlins. Assuming Uggla is going to be atleast a .270/.330/.420 type hitter, the Marlins lineup is set for years adding that young CF and C (I am supremely confident in the DBacks outfield prospects, and I think Montero will be a fine starter). It's ballsy, but if the organization is confident they can get 5 starters out of the Anibal, Olsen, Petit, Vargas, Johnson, Nolasco, and Pinto core, with Volstad, Gaby, Thompson, and West coming in a year or two after them, it makes a lot of sense in trading Willis if he brings in exactly what we need in one fell swoop.

I also don't mind Olsen-Young 1-1, if they buyout Dontrelle's arbitration. I unfortunately, don't see the cheapos doing that though.