I would trade the D-Train...

...as soon as he gets a couple of wins. Just for the fact that The Marlins, owned by Loria, are never gonna pay him. He is gonna be gone anyway! We then should maximize his trade value, not wait until he is ready to hit F/A to try to get anything for him. We should have done that with AJ, Alex Gonzalez and several others. I just mention Dontrelle because he is a 22 game winner and a former ROY award winner so he has established his value, while Cabrera is still in process of presenting his worth. This is contingent on DT having a couple of good outings in a row.

Since we all like to play GM...how would you feel about a trade between Houston and the Marlins like this one?

Florida Marlins

Dontrelle Willis

Aaron Thompson

Houston

Hunter Pence

Matt Albers

Josh Anderson

Chad Reineke

Troy Patton

...as soon as he gets a couple of wins. Just for the fact that The Marlins, owned by Loria, are never gonna pay him. He is gonna be gone anyway!

And trade him for whom?

Somebody awesome who "is gonna be gone anyway"? Just for fun, let's trade his replacement after one offseason of arbitration eligibility, too.

...as soon as he gets a couple of wins. Just for the fact that The Marlins, owned by Loria, are never gonna pay him. He is gonna be gone anyway!

And trade him for whom?

Somebody awesome who "is gonna be gone anyway"? Just for fun, let's trade his replacement after one offseason of arbitration eligibility, too.

Do you really believe Loria is ever gonna pay 1 player 10-12 million a year?...if not you stock up on talent!

...as soon as he gets a couple of wins. Just for the fact that The Marlins, owned by Loria, are never gonna pay him. He is gonna be gone anyway! We then should maximize his trade value, not wait until he is ready to hit F/A to try to get anything for him. We should have done that with AJ, Alex Gonzalez and several others. I just mention Dontrelle because he is a 22 game winner and a former ROY award winner so he has established his value, while Cabrera is still in process of presenting his worth. This is contingent on DT having a couple of good outings in a row.

Since we all like to play GM...how would you feel about a trade between Houston and the Marlins like this one?

Florida Marlins

Dontrelle Willis

Aaron Thompson

Houston

Hunter Pence

Matt Albers

Josh Anderson

Chad Reineke

Troy Patton

Can we trade you to a different message board?

:chair

Seriously man, you would never be suggesting this if he wasnt struggling right now. Players have slumps....its been going on for over a 100 years. 99% of all players bounce back from their slumps (see Mike Lowell).

Florida Marlins

Dontrelle Willis

Aaron Thompson

Houston

Hunter Pence

Matt Albers

Josh Anderson

Chad Reineke

Troy Patton

Seriously man, you would never be suggesting this if he wasnt struggling right now. Players have slumps....its been going on for over a 100 years. 99% of all players bounce back from their slumps (see Mike Lowell).

:notworthy

If the Marlins do decide to trade Willis (not saying thats a good thing), then I would hope any deal would include a young catcher.

A deal with the dodgers would be my preference. Russ Martin is playing well as the backup catcher there, he was no.42 in BA's top 100 prospect list this spring. The Dodgers have a bunch of other good prospects to add too, guys like Broxton who are major league ready.

I guess we all suffer from near-sightedness. Yes I would be suggesting it if Dontrelle was 4-1 vs 1-4...In fact I want Dontrelle to get hot, blazing hot. I hope he has 3 shutouts in a row because We can setup a bidding war like you wouldn't believe for D-Train...Don't get me wrong ...I love Dontrelle I know in each of his seasons he has gone through a rocky period and then come back unhittable. My critique is not on Willis but of Loria. I hated losing AJ the way we did, I fear a reoccurence of that. Beinfest is awesome as a GM. if he can't keep DT then let him do his magic in making lemonade from lemons. I knew I would be attacked when I submiited my initial posting. because this is a matter of long term gains vs short term gains. Many of us don't think in that way everything is about now...Yes I am pushing the envelope because it is not about now guys. Face it this year is a developmental year...Deal with it. The prospects I mentioned would look awesome in a Marlin uniform in a seaon or 2, and in the case of Pence maybe immediately...While in 2 years Dontrelle may be pitching for the Yankees with us getting a compensatory draft pick. Is that really what we would prefer?...sure go ahead and call me an idiot but then really think about it!

I guess we all suffer from near-sightedness. Yes I would be suggesting it if Dontrelle was 4-1 vs 1-4...In fact I want Dontrelle to get hot, blazing hot. I hope he has 3 shutouts in a row because We can setup a bidding war like you wouldn't believe for D-Train...Don't get me wrong ...I love Dontrelle I know in each of his seasons he has gone through a rocky period and then come back unhittable. My critique is not on Willis but of Loria. I hated losing AJ the way we did, I fear a reoccurence of that. Beinfest is awesome as a GM. if he can't keep DT then let him do his magic in making lemonade from lemons. I knew I would be attacked when I submiited my initial posting. because this is a matter of long term gains vs short term gains. Many of us don't think in that way everything is about now...Yes I am pushing the envelope because it is not about now guys. Face it this year is a developmental year...Deal with it. The prospects I mentioned would look awesome in a Marlin uniform in a seaon or 2, and in the case of Pence maybe immediately...While in 2 years Dontrelle may be pitching for the Yankees with us getting a compensatory draft pick. Is that really what we would prefer?...sure go ahead and call me an idiot but then really think about it!

Im not callin you an idiot bro. I appreciate your thoughts on the subject. My thought on this is.....jeez. 95% of the team got traded/or did not re-sign. Is it to much to ask from the fans to keep TWO players??

Where does the madness stop? Were gonna be really good in 3 years and probably be in the playoffs. Do we really need to trade EVERYONE?

Florida Marlins

Dontrelle Willis

Aaron Thompson

Houston

Hunter Pence

Matt Albers

Josh Anderson

Chad Reineke

Troy Patton

:notworthy

I apologize for having a creative thought...something usually unheard of in this day in age...Actually if DT continues with his bad year I wouldn't trade him. Now do i have to explain that line of reasoning as well?

Florida Marlins

Dontrelle Willis

Aaron Thompson

Houston

Hunter Pence

Matt Albers

Josh Anderson

Chad Reineke

Troy Patton

I'm guessing that rag the Newark Star Ledger will start another rumor that D-Train is on the market after reading this, citing their inside source "Eddie" in the Marlins front office.

Florida Marlins

Dontrelle Willis

Aaron Thompson

Houston

Hunter Pence

Matt Albers

Josh Anderson

Chad Reineke

Troy Patton

I'm guessing that rag the Newark Star Ledger will start another rumor that D-Train is on the market after reading this, citing their inside source "Eddie" in the Marlins front office.

Lmao :thumbup

If the Marlins do decide to trade Willis (not saying thats a good thing), then I would hope any deal would include a young catcher.

A deal with the dodgers would be my preference. Russ Martin is playing well as the backup catcher there, he was no.42 in BA's top 100 prospect list this spring. The Dodgers have a bunch of other good prospects to add too, guys like Broxton who are major league ready.

:thumbup

Florida Marlins

Dontrelle Willis

Aaron Thompson

Houston

Hunter Pence

Matt Albers

Josh Anderson

Chad Reineke

Troy Patton

:super :lolup

Those aren't exactly world beater prospects. Don't act like everyone else is short-sighted and you're light years ahead. Every one of those Astros prospects you listed is a major ? including Pence.

If you're gonna be such a revolutionary, at least use teams w/ good prospects like the Angels, D-Backs, or Dodgers.

I agree the best talent in the minors belongs to the Angels and Dogers...D-Backs have loads of Outfielders in their minors but no pitching whatsoever. I have to admit I love the prospects of Pence and i became a fan of Josh Anderson when I saw him in ST They are both hitting over .340 Pence has 11 HRs and has good speed Anderson has 11 SB and is probably one of the fastest players in the minors right now...Many question Anderson's glove and Pence is a little raw yet...I however believe Anderson has shown some maturity and Pence appears to be be a real stud. An Outfield of Pence, Hermida and Willy would be a thought to fathom. If Anderson were to take over CF, even better, Willy would go To 1st base....but i am getting way ahead of myself here. I also wanna apologize if I gave the impression of arrogance I was just expressing that I had given this matter a lot of thought...Anyway what would you describe as an equitable trade?

I like the idea, but I don't see them moving Martin. They really like his huge defensive potential over Navarro, and the kid can flat out hit. I think they move Navarro at some point, but not for atleast 1-2 seasons so they can make sure they correctly identify which of the two of them is going to be better.

Look at the Diamondbacks. They sure as hell need a top of the rotation starter because they are about to get really good when Jackson/Quentin/Gonzalez/Drew/Upton start producing, and they are loaded with all sorts of goodies in the minors they don't necessarily 'need' - Chris Young (CF) and Miguel Montero ©. You'd probably get a pretty good arm as a throw in as well. Probably not Nippert or Mock, but something of value.

glad you arent in charge

LOL....we would need a true #1 back for DTrain.

:thumbup

Martin is good but I'd rather have Jeff Mathis. Angels and Dodgers both have an awesome farm.

Keep Willis no matter what. He is losing right now but dont expect him continue his losing bid. He will win, and when he does people will change their minds on even thinking of trading him. He is an energetic, animated, talented, young pitcher that will be the face of the franchise with Miguel Cabrera for a long, long time.