Why cant people just watch the game!

tealmarlin

I see alot of people at baseball games (on tv) talking on the cell phone, eating huge meals, talking to the people next to them. Why cant they just watch the game, I mean its something you do once and a while and here they are talking and eating through out the whole game.

I know what your going to say, at least they show up to the games.

But this is something I have noticed for a few years now.

The worst is when you have a bunch of 14 year olds Boys and girls screaming!! for no reasons at all.

I went to this one game at there were about 5 guys sitting behind me. They were probably 15-16 years old. They could not stop cursing.. I mean everyother word was a curse word. There was a kid next to me and I was like.. yikes. It got annoying after 5 innings.

I have gone to many a game where you start striking up conversations with those around you yapping about whatever.

Its not really a big deal.

For those cursing though, that is a big deal however.

Cell phones, so what? Do you expect people to simply sit there for 3 + hours and do nothing but watch the game? Especially on a nice sunny spring/summer afternoon? Or a nice warm evening?

Guest marlins02

i dont really care about those talking on cell phones and sh*t, at the end of the day this is all about having a good time and that means doing what ever you want.

here's waht really gets me: you sit maybe a row ahead of the actual seat you bought and you sit in that comfortable corner seat for the first 5-6 innings of the game when all of a sudden these people come out of nowhere kickng you out because your in there seats.

''here's waht really gets me: you sit maybe a row ahead of the actual seat you bought and you sit in that comfortable corner seat for the first 5-6 innings of the game when all of a sudden these people come out of nowhere kickng you out because your in there seats.''

That is very typical..

Another thing I dont like is when someone is standing up blocking your view, but I think they are cracking down on that now. Also, why do you have to eat so much at a ball game, the most I will have is a small bag of peanuts, I see people eating pizza, hot dogs, those yellow chips with cheese on them, a gallon of coke, french fries, icecream, cotton candy, popcorn,even salad! Your at a baseball game not a resturant.

Guest marlins02

''here's waht really gets me: you sit maybe a row ahead of the actual seat you bought and you sit in that comfortable corner seat for the first 5-6 innings of the game when all of a sudden these people come out of nowhere kickng you out because your in there seats.''

That is very typical..

Another thing I dont like is when someone is standing up blocking your view, but I think they are cracking down on that now. Also, why do you have to eat so much at a ball game, the most I will have is a small bag of peanuts, I see people eating pizza, hot dogs, those yellow chips with cheese on them, a gallon of coke, french fries, icecream, cotton candy, popcorn,even salad! Your at a baseball game not a resturant.

i will never hate on somebody for being able to throw down the money needed to eat all that at a game, especially if they got those chicken tenders. oh damn.

Guest Juanky

Not everyone is going to be as zealously interested in the games as others are. Some are merely there with their friends to keep them company, and since you have no way of knowing there's no need to get angry at them.

Only thing that is not acceptable is getting up if you sit anywhere except the end seats during play.

yep - stay in your seats until a break in action - don't be a jerk to the people around you

have no problems with talking and eating though - when I go to games it's usually straight from work and I don't get back home until 10:00 +

so yeah, i'm going to have some food and even a beer or two

also, the social nature of baseball is one of the joys of the game for me and a lot of other people - striking up a conversation about the play, the game, it's history or just life in general can enhance the time at the game - however, there are also times when I go to the game by myself as a break from life and a little quiet time and I don't want to converse - have no problem with others doing either of them

i dont really care about those talking on cell phones and sh*t, at the end of the day this is all about having a good time and that means doing what ever you want.

here's waht really gets me: you sit maybe a row ahead of the actual seat you bought and you sit in that comfortable corner seat for the first 5-6 innings of the game when all of a sudden these people come out of nowhere kickng you out because your in there seats.

for sure, i especially hate it when people bring an usher down with them just to tell you that youre in their seat

You act as though you're the victim here. Did you pay for the seat you're sitting in? If not- get up and move to the seat number on your ticket.

I think you need to sit in the seats you paid for. If you want better seats, pay for them. It doesn't matter when they get there- they paid for them, they can do whatever they want with them. They can arrive in the bottom of the 9th inning if they want.

Guest marlins02

You act as though you're the victim here. Did you pay for the seat you're sitting in? If not- get up and move to the seat number on your ticket.

I think you need to sit in the seats you paid for. If you want better seats, pay for them. It doesn't matter when they get there- they paid for them, they can do whatever they want with them. They can arrive in the bottom of the 9th inning if they want.

i aint no victim, im just saying its annoying as hell. i was just a row ahead and sat there because it was a corner seat and i didnt feel like making people get up. i just dont understand how they decide to come to a game in the 6th inning.

Whats the big deal. If you pay for your ticket you can do whatever you want. I know a few marlins games I have gotten drunk in the parking lot with friends and we have just watched maybe an inning of the game, we just talked and had a good time. I didnt know you were supposed to buy your ticket and just watch the game without moving.

Whats the big deal. If you pay for your ticket you can do whatever you want. I know a few marlins games I have gotten drunk in the parking lot with friends and we have just watched maybe an inning of the game, we just talked and had a good time. I didnt know you were supposed to buy your ticket and just watch the game without moving.

Exactly.

Unless it's REALLY freaking distracting (the guy in front of you standing up) who gives a sh*t what other people do?

You can't be enjoying the game that much and be THAT big of a fan if you're so worried about other people.

This year if I go to a game I find the baseball part unbearable to watch. Instead I enjoy talking to my friends taht I go with, walking around the club level, catching a playoff game on the tv...

baseball is a sport where you can really watch the game and understand or you can keep an eye on it and follow it.

If I go to a basketball game I sit down and watch it becuase the pace is so different.

to me, the point of going to the game is to have a good time, win or lose...whatever...

if that means laughing and talking sh*t with friends, cool...if it means eating and hanging out...awesome

whatever makes someone have a good time...

I love watching the game and getting into it, and eating too! :thumbup lol

I want the crowd to be energetic and hyped, not just sitting and clapping politely, lol...we need to "rock the house" (lol, what a gay line) lol :mischief