Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Value of a Ticket to Possibly Catch a Bonds HR

Featured Replies

Well. the value has chenged dramatically as Bonds has hit #715. The value of that HR Ball had been estimated at $1,000,000. Looked like it bounced off some fans before winding up under the stands. Anyway, the same person who's knowledgable in such things and valued the #715 ball at 1 Million, says that #716 and on should be worth at least $20000. .

.

.So, assuming now that the Marlins will get their usual 500 fans sitting out in RF, that puts the vaue of a ticket, with the chance to catch #716, at $20000/500=$40 times the average HR per AB by Bonds(.10)=$4....per at bat=$20.

.

.$4..or $20....no big deal. But if Bonds hadn't hit #715 today the value of a seat would have been $1,000,000/2000=$500 times the average HR/AB=$50.....per at bat=$250

 

I would have been there in RF paying $8 for a seat worth $250. Now I'll still go, on Tuesday, which I figure is the most likely day for Bonds to play. He's sure to take at least one day off, probably Wednesday, possibly Monday as well after the cross-country flight. May sit in the Publix Power Alley instead of my usual infield box or founder's field seat. Maybe Bonds will go oppo.

  • Author

lemme tell ya, i was devastated

 

I just wanted to see 715, much less catch it

 

Me too, but the extra million for catching it would have been sweeeeet.

I can almost guarantee that #715 will not sell for anywhere near $1 million. Bonds' 73rd HR ball only sold for about $400K. This isn't a record HR either. That would be #756.

  • Author

Attendance will probably be up.

 

 

Went way down after todays homer

The attendance would have been intersting if Bonds had not hit #715 today. I would hope it would have been at least 12000 warm bodies each day, with 2000 out in RF. It probably would have turned out to be an embarrasment and been a repeat of this past weekend, with 8000 warm bodies. I pay no attention anymore to the announced figures. They're a lie.

Attendance will probably be up.

 

 

 

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

 

:thumbup

Attendance will probably be up.

 

 

 

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

 

:thumbup

 

:lol :lol :lol

Well. the value has chenged dramatically as Bonds has hit #715. The value of that HR Ball had been estimated at $1,000,000. Looked like it bounced off some fans before winding up under the stands. Anyway, the same person who's knowledgable in such things and valued the #715 ball at 1 Million, says that #716 and on should be worth at least $20000. .

.

.So, assuming now that the Marlins will get their usual 500 fans sitting out in RF, that puts the vaue of a ticket, with the chance to catch #716, at $20000/500=$40 times the average HR per AB by Bonds(.10)=$4....per at bat=$20.

.

.$4..or $20....no big deal. But if Bonds hadn't hit #715 today the value of a seat would have been $1,000,000/2000=$500 times the average HR/AB=$50.....per at bat=$250

 

I would have been there in RF paying $8 for a seat worth $250. Now I'll still go, on Tuesday, which I figure is the most likely day for Bonds to play. He's sure to take at least one day off, probably Wednesday, possibly Monday as well after the cross-country flight. May sit in the Publix Power Alley instead of my usual infield box or founder's field seat. Maybe Bonds will go oppo.

 

 

 

 

Good post. Yeah its kind of a bummer that he jacked one the day before SoFla but Im sure he was psyched that he did it at home and not in front of 10,000 ppl of whom 6,000 arent even Marlins fans.

I can almost guarantee that #715 will not sell for anywhere near $1 million. Bonds' 73rd HR ball only sold for about $400K. This isn't a record HR either. That would be #756.

 

 

I think 715 will sell for a mill atleast. The 700 ball sold for $804,129, the 715 ball is the one that takes 2nd place in all time HR's it has to be worth more then the others. 716-754 probably wont be woth as much though. And I cant wait untill Bonds hits #756.

73 for bonds was

 

$517,500

 

they just showed it on sportscenter....

 

most valuable ball ever bought by the same guy ($3 mil - mark the juice's 70)

Hey if i catch #716...just give me 10k

 

I'll put a nice 10k down payment on a harley and be happy!

I wouldnt be surprised to see him take monday night off

 

 

yea, they said something on FSNBay Area about them wanting to sit him tomorrow, so it would be great if he could get that 715 at home... and then he did.

 

so yeah, hes probably gonna sit.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him take monday night off

i'd be surprised if he didn't sit

No way Bonds plays tonight after flying across the country.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him take monday night off

i'd be surprised if he didn't sit

No way Bonds plays tonight after flying across the country. Well, he is in the lineup.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him take monday night off

i'd be surprised if he didn't sit

No way Bonds plays tonight after flying across the country.

 

 

Want to give any lotto numbers out to the members on the board?

 

:plain

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.