Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Break-Up

Featured Replies

I saw it tonight.

 

I must say it was definitely better than I expected. As far as 'romantic comedies' go, this is probably as good as it gets. Its really entertaining and the movie really pits the men against the women and anyone who has ever been in a serious relationship or any relationship of any sort really, will enjoy this. Vince Vaughn was awesome and as much as a man's man as it can get and any guy will really get behind his character. The dialogue/banter is really well done. The ending was kindof sloppy but the place the movie takes you, it's about as good as it could have been.

 

Its a great date movie, but don't feel like you can't see it unless you are with the other sex....I wouldn't have any reservations going with a group of guys to this flick.

 

4/5

Dude, WTF has happened to your movie taste of late?

  • Author

Dude, WTF has happened to your movie taste of late?

 

Have you even seen it?

 

I like Vince Vaughn, he is at his best in this movie.

 

It's a romantic comedy and as far as romantic comedies go it's pretty damn good so I gave it 4/5 stars based on that genre.

 

It appeals to me because I'm in a serious relationship and although some of the stuff is over the top the basic butting of the heads is something I definitely relate to and found very humorous.

 

I go into every movie I see basically with an open mind, realize the type of movie it is, and go from there. I'm not expecting Laurence of Arabia or Schindler's List every time I take in a movie.

Jon Favreau was great as a side-character....I especially liked the ending....Great movie....

 

"There's a really big gap between getting your ass kicked and having a dancing, singing sprite fool you with trickery and then strike your throat before you know that you're even in a fight."

Just got back...good stuff! I thought it was pretty funny and different. Johnny O was hilarioussssss, especially towards the end. Overall...pretty good.

I thought that movie was really good, but I can tell most people won't like the ending.

 

The dialogue was fantastic. Did Vince Vaughn improvise it? I know he usually does.

  • Author

My favorite scene was easily the ones where he is playing video games with Anniston's date. It's so real and his 'smack' reminded me of almost exactly the same type of bulls*** me and my friends say to eachother.

My favorite scene was easily the ones where he is playing video games with Anniston's date. It's so real and his 'smack' reminded me of almost exactly the same type of bulls*** me and my friends say to eachother.

 

 

I don't know.....i really laughed during his spiel at the Cubs game.....typical Vince Vaughn....

I did not enjoy it. Then again, I went into the movie thinking it was going to be another Wedding Crashers. Oops. Not much comedy in the movie other than what they show in the commercials + 1 other Favreau-Vaughn bar scene. Using Mr Passion's scale, Id give it a 2/5, 3 tops. I guess as far as romantic comedies go, Id say it wasnt bad but I went in thinking it was going to be something else. Id much rather see Hitch again.

saw on sunday and i give it thumbs up....johnny O was awesome especially the part when he starts talking about setting up a hit on the last guy she dates......

Just saw it.. I actually liked it, yea the ending was a bit on the weak side but overall it was a good flick...

 

Plus hearing Len Capser on the TV and the Cubs was funny, BTW did anyone see Cabs field the ball in LF on TV when vaughn was watching the Cubs game??? :lol

 

4/5.. Good movie

Was that also Sergio Mitre on the mound for the Cubs too???

I liked it

 

very good as far as romantic comedies go. any movie with vince vaughn is worth watching, it seemed like every dialouge he was a part of was off the cuff and brilliant

Mitre in the movies: Without even knowing it, Sergio Mitre has gained some major motion picture attention.

 

In the film, "The Break Up," starring Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston, there is a scene with a quick glance of a baseball game on TV. That game featured Mitre, pitching for the Cubs last year, throwing a pitch.

 

With the movie based in Chicago, Vaughn's character is a big Cubs fan.

 

Mitre's appearance on TV was very brief. But since the movie opened, several friends have called Mitre to say he is "a movie star."

 

Mitre wasn't aware he was shown in the movie.

 

Marlins fans who see the movie will also hear a familiar voice. Cubs announcer Len Kasper, the Marlins TV announcer from 2002-2004, can be heard.

 

Floridamarlins.com

 

:whistle

Marlins fans who see the movie will also hear a familiar voice. Cubs announcer Len Kasper, the Marlins TV announcer from 2002-2004, can be heard.

 

 

 

:boo-woo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.