Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

FOX may leave MLB at the table

Featured Replies

I'd hate to see Fox lose it, because nationally, the broadcast and overall presentation Fox puts for baseball is amazing.

 

While I'm sure alot of the local FSN networks leave alot to be desired, the national Fox broadcasts are great.

 

 

 

Why am I not suprised you said that?

 

:banghead :banghead :banghead

 

As I said, some of the local FSN networks leave alot to be desired(I've only seen a few, but I know for a fact FSN Midwest is horrible), but the national Fox broadcasts, including the playoffs, are extremely well done.

 

Are some things quirky? Sure. But who cares. Alot of kids watch the world series, if the talking baseball wants to explain what a splitter is so be it, it doesnt take away from the game and actually keeps kids entertained. Like a mascot.

 

I still that nationially, Fox puts on an amazing broadcast. I feel the same for NFL on Fox. Cant really comment on anything else since I hate the NBA and hockey, but CBS does an awesome job with the NCAA, but I think CBS would be totally out of their element with baseball.

 

Just my opinion.

  • Author

FOX has an excellent broadcast. NBC and ABC did the same kind of self-promoting with MLB telecasts as well.

 

FOX has much better graphics than anyone, but only ESPN and TBS have done national telecasts since FOX took over exclusively in 2001, so no one knows how NBC/ABC/CBS would look.

 

Buck and McCarver are fine, would be nice if they got a third guy that is not Brenly to bat around in the booth.

 

The graphics, noises, and theme music are all FOX and people with attention spans like mine appreciate it.

 

NBC and ABC would likely copy FOX's formula. ESPN basically has minus they have less noise and smaller, less impressive graphics...but I hear that may all change. ESPN has been toying with the scorestrip on ABC and now all World Cup broadcasts...even those on ESPN/ESPN2 have a scorestrip. Could be a look into the future of ESPN.

 

Compare some of these graphics:

 

World Cup on ABC & ESPN/ESPN2

 

 

Marlins Baseball on Sun Sports

 

 

Mets Baseball on WPIX

 

 

Marlins Baseball on FSN Florida

 

 

NBA on ESPN

 

 

MLB on FOX

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/9880/noname0551am.png http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/7793/noname0544ag.png http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/3009/noname0500dw.png http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/2622/noname0459zd.png

 

Heat Basketball on Sun Sports

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3793/noname0442dv.png http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4066/noname0422vg.png

 

Cubs Baseball on WGN

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/4991/noname0091ft.png http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5100/noname0039qv.png

 

Yankees Baseball on WWOR

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9398/noname0085qe.png http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6131/noname0043an.png

 

Braves Baseball on TBS

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1424/noname0217kq.png http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/1750/noname0193tz.png http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7035/noname0182lz.png http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/95/noname0176qr.png

 

Game 7 of the 1997 World Series on NBC

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1210/1997worldseriesgame7television.jpg

 

Whether or not FOX Sports is the broadcaster, the FOX-style sports coverage is here to stay. FOX just needs to avoid getting stale as they have in 2004 and 2005.

 

Note: FSN Florida is the best telecaster of baseball I have seen. You name it, I have seen it...but FSN Florida is the most consistent to put out an excellent broadcast of any MLB broadcaster.

Dont foget though. You like FOX BECAUSE of the graphics and noises and slamma lamma ding dong stuff.

 

But those are the things that many people like myself dislike.

I will shed no tears if Fox loses their contract. McCarver and Buck are terrible announcers and I have particularly despised them since the 2003 league championship. Anyone remember the out countdown until the Cubs reach the World Series?

  • Author

I will shed no tears if Fox loses their contract. McCarver and Buck are terrible announcers and I have particularly despised them since the 2003 league championship. Anyone remember the out countdown until the Cubs reach the World Series?

 

Except Buck and McCarver called the ALCS, while the Marlins-Cubs played in the NLCS. :rolleyes:

I will shed no tears if Fox loses their contract. McCarver and Buck are terrible announcers and I have particularly despised them since the 2003 league championship. Anyone remember the out countdown until the Cubs reach the World Series?

 

Except Buck and McCarver called the ALCS, while the Marlins-Cubs played in the NLCS. :rolleyes:

 

Okay, maybe that is my mistake. I'll recheck. However, they were very dismissive of the Marlins as they called the World Series. Besides that, McCarver and Buck are smarmy schleps (particularly McCarver) who make idiotic pronouncements every time I hear them call a game (again, particularly McCarver).

Joe Buck is a great announcer.

 

 

He is definitely pro Cardinals, but again thats to be expected.

 

 

McCarver annoys me, but mostly because there is nothing to balance him out.

 

 

Gotta love people hating on announcers who werent there.

 

That's always a great way to strengthen your arguement :thumbup

  • Author

I liked the NBC broadcast because the graphics were minimal.

 

...and required speed-reading abilities.

:goodpost

 

 

Honestly I am shocked that there are ppl out there who think Joe Buck is a "great" announcer.

 

An argument can be made that he is a good announcer.

 

Great announcer = Scully, Costas, Uecker, Gowdy

 

Good announcer = Joe Buck (at his finest).

 

:thumbup

I could care less about who gets it, so long as baseball is prominently shown to a national audience and it gets alot of coverage.

  • Author

FOX looks like it may cave and continue airing the Saturday Game of the Week if it wins the rights.

 

MLB looks like it may cave and allow afternoon LCS games. (NBC would need this)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.