Derrick Turnbow is overrated

Ramp

one blown save should mean a closer's overrated...how has he been doing the rest of this year?

Yes but sometimes closers get credit for saves and actually come in and give up runs.

I agree that he is overrated and overpaid.

Guest Juanky

Closer's don't have a very long shelf life, not shocking he's falling apart though it's sooner than expected.

Too bad, I liked him.

• 2 weeks later...

i went to a couple brewers spring training games and was shocked by how underwhelming he was - a couple of the fastballs he lest loose really popped and were fun to watch - but the movement generally wasn't there and his velocity seemed to be hittable more often than not- he actually reminded me a lot of looper

Guest FishFanInPA

so overrated that starters can't close???? That's why there are closers are in the league...certain people don't have the mental makeup to go one inning with the game on the line.

Guest FishFanInPA

Closers are expected to get out of any situation that their starters or middle relievers get them in to....Closers are the ones who save the starter when he loads the bases and the cleanup hitter is up....Closers like Mariano Rivera force you to shorten the game because they have the mental edge.