hermida and willingham

btnhmarlins

guys i must say that i am very dissappointed with the production of late from both guys and i think that they are two keys to our sucess and if they dont get going then we could be in trouble. also, doesnt anyone notice that hermida is often late swingin on pitches and that maybe he should use a smaller or lighter bat? just a thought

guys i must sya that i am ver dissappointed with the production of late from both guys and i think that they are two keys to our sucess and if they dont get going then we could be in trouble. also doesnt anyone notice that hermida is often late swingin on pitches and that maybe he should use a smaller bat? just a thought

They both have things to work on and will improve, thats what a rookie year is for anyway. They have been playing well overall considering there rookies, not everyone is miguel cabrera

June:

Hermida 1HR 8RBI 46TB .346 average .406OBA .935OPS .529SLG% (13XBH)

Cabrera 3HR 11RBI 41TB .318 average .436OBA .896OPS .466SLG% (7ABH)

Hermida has been dissapointing? If you say so.

Let's also keep in mind that Hanley, Uggla and Jacobs bat in front of Cabrera. Hermida usually bats in front of players Treanor/Olivo, Abercrombie/Borchard.

I have to agree with the original poster. In particular, I am very concerned with Willingham.

In April, he looked like our best hitter, period. However, he has shown nothing for the last nine weeks. I can't remember when I actually saw him drive a ball. It seems like everything is on the ground.

I sincerely hope he turns it around, and that he and Hermida supply some power. It will be difficult to contend without any power at all from our outfielders.

I have to agree with the original poster. In particular, I am very concerned with Willingham.

In April, he looked like our best hitter, period. However, he has shown nothing for the last nine weeks. I can't remember when I actually saw him drive a ball. It seems like everything is on the ground.

I sincerely hope he turns it around, and that he and Hermida supply some power. It will be difficult to contend without any power at all from our outfielders.

Willy is just trying to get on base you seen him trying to draw all thoose walks I think thats his main goal now and we do need power from thoose two guys

i think hermida has alot more upside than willingham but the one thing that doesnt suprise me is his lack of power right now i think he will develope good power but as the year goes on but he is still learning to hit at this level , once he does that than he he will learn to drive the ball . as for willingham seems like he is taking a step back since coming back he isnt driving the ball like he did earlier , hopefully he will turn it around soon . our lack of production from the outfield will probably explain why we will lose many well pitched games our outfield has to be one of the least productive in the majors