Attention Tallahassee Fish Fans!

CapeFish

So with the News/Talk format moving to 100.7 FM, Fox Sports Radio will take over 1270 AM. 1270 already airs the Seminoles, Bucs, Jim Rome and Fox Sports Radio...but we need to get the Marlins on too. I will post some contact info so that you may contact 1270 WNLS and ask that they join the Marlins Radio Network!

Please E-Mail VP/Market Manager: Lisa J. Rice LisaJRice@clearchannel.com

Please E-Mail Operations Manager: Jeff Horn jeffhorn@clearchannel.com

Clear Channel Radio Tallahassee

325 John Knox Rd. Building G

Tallahassee, FL 32303

Business Line: (850) 422-3107

Fax Number: (850) 383-0747

WBWT/Tallahassee Flips To Talk

The Clear Channel Radio-owned Urban outlet becomes "Tallahassee's Talk Radio" under new call letters WFLA-FM. The station now features most of the programming that had been airing on AM News/Talk clustermate WNLS including Premiere Radio Networks' Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, along with independently syndicated Dave Ramsey and local morning host Preston Scott. ABC Radio Networks' Sean Hannity Show will also join the line-up soon.

Concurrently, WNLS makes the move from News/Talk to Sports as a new Fox Sports Radio affiliate with a line-up that includes Premiere Radio Networks' Jim Rome and Florida State University athletics.

For now Operations Manager Jeff Horn is handling all day-to-day activities, as the company searches for a new PD for WFLA.

? Al Peterson, R&R News/Talk/Sports Editor

I sent my e-mail, did you send yours?

We got FSN Florida on TV up there....now can we complete the sweep with a radio affiliate?

the issue is that Thalasshee is out of the Marlins market and in the Rays/Braves market...but it wouldn't hurt to try guys, good luck

That is incorrect. The Tallahassee Radio Market is within the market territory of the Florida Marlins and Tampa Bay Devil Rays. The Atlanta Braves (or any other team outside of the 2 Florida teams) is allowed to add affiliates anywhere they wish as long as the team which holds territorial rights consents and allows road games to be broadcast.

It is a very technical rule, one the Devil Rays have enforced on the New York Yankees to block the Yankees Radio Network from airing road games and even blocked other American League teams who play the Rays at the Trop.

Tallahassee is a Marlins primary market, and the Marlins Front Office has been notified, as has WQAM, and they will investigate whether they can sign WNLS. Please keep sending e-mails as the ball is in WNLS' court to add the team.

QUOTE(CTMarlinsfan @ Jul 11 2006, 11:18 AM)

the issue is that Thalasshee is out of the Marlins market and in the Rays/Braves market...but it wouldn't hurt to try guys, good luck

Nice baseless comment.

Hey..I'm a communications major...but I haven't studied baseball markets yet..I was making the best educated guess based on my knowledge.

Nice baseless comment.

Hey..I'm a communications major...but I haven't studied baseball markets yet..I was making the best educated guess based on my knowledge.

FSN Florida covers 'all of Florida', so now you know :cool

And it's Tallahassee. You butchered my city!

Nice baseless comment.

I wouldn't be campaigning unless I knew it could be done with MLB's blessing. :mischief

• 2 weeks later...

And it's Tallahassee. You butchered my city!

one of the reasons I didn't go to FSU...I can't go to a school in a city I cannot spell. Instead I go to a school that nobody but me can spell!

T-A-L-L-A-H-A-S-S-E-E.....home of F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E.....WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...