The Prestige

EndLine

Can't wait for this movie (Written and Directed by Batman Begins' Christopher Nolan). It stars Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, and Michael Caine.

Official Trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/theprestige/

Here's are some clips:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ncttD0YhqPg&amp...=hugh%20jackman

The Prestige's website:

http://www.prestige-movie.com/

Joblo's Headlines + More

http://www.joblo.com/upcomingmovies/movies.php?id=738

I read the book and I thought it was average. Christian Bale though is far and away my favorite actor, and with Nolan directing, this should be a very good movie.

From a writing aspect, yes it was average. The writing never blew me away. But the story had enough twists and turns to make it a very good book in my opinion. I also hated the whole Andrew Westley/Twin Telepathy aspect. Really uninteresting, and in the end it was pretty pointless.

Looks cool.

Glad to see Jackman actually get a role that looks to be something where he can actually showcase his enormous ammount of talent instead of Wolverine and Van Helsing.

Christian Bale using his actual English accent for once...shocking. :lol

Does anyone recommend the film, Memento? Don't know what it's about but I'd love to see Nolan's pre-Batman work.

It's his best film and I think few would argue that.

I loved it, it's a great piece of work.

It's extremely thought provoking and interesting. Alot of layers to it. Guy Pearce was phenominal.

Memento has to rank up there as one of the most disrespected movies at the Academy Awards ever with just 2 nominations but it ranks high up in my favorite movies of all time.

Does anyone recommend the film, Memento? Don't know what it's about but I'd love to see Nolan's pre-Batman work.

It's his best film and I think few would argue that.

I loved it, it's a great piece of work.

It's extremely thought provoking and interesting. Alot of layers to it. Guy Pearce was phenominal.

Memento has to rank up there as one of the most disrespected movies at the Academy Awards ever with just 2 nominations but it ranks high up in my favorite movies of all time. Amazingly directed (Memento). Guy Pearce easily did his best work in it. Just incredible storyline and how they created it.

Netflix'd

Memento is in my top 5-10 movies of all-time.

Great movie. Nolan is such an amazing director.

"Now, where was I?"

I don't get why the third act is the 'prestige', but this looks like a winner!

The prestige in magic is supposed to be the after effect of the trick. The "WTF HOW DID HE DO THAT?" after its over.

Didnt explain that very well in the trailer.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Early reviews for this don't look good. I'll still see it though because of Bale.

Rottentomatoes.com has it at 50% with 8 total reviews. And the reviews complaining, for the most part, are the same complaints people had about the book (character's being too one dimensional and it being a plot driven story, as opposed to a character driven one).

I've read about 50% of the book as well and can't wait to see this movie next Tuesday or Wednesday (I'll have it done by then).

Overall decent movie. I thought it was somewhat predictable, but I can see how it might not be. Scarlett looked hot as hell in this, and the acting was good for the most part. I'm not sure how I would rate this movie, but it's definitely long (2:30) and at times disorienting (regarding the chronology of the film).