Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Cards.....

Featured Replies

Does anyone collect these things anymore??? My dad brought me up like 6 binders filled with cards and I found a couple of valuable ones.....A Bonds 2nd year card, some McGwire's and Palmeiro's and a rookie Tom Glavine.....what do you suggest i do with them and where can i go to sell them?

 

This kinda goes along with this wonderful article from Yahoo

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsrG...o&type=lgns

I stopped collecting a couple years ago...It got to the point where it stopped appealing to me...

i hate GU cards (I wish they would have redemption cards for the full jersey, bat, shoe, etc), and with all the shortprint and auto cards, I stopped paying attention to the base cards.

It got to the point where I would buy a box hoping for a big autograph pull, when I realized that most of the time I could buy the player(s)' autograph on ebay or at a show for less than the price of the box of cards, and almost any active player I could get for free at the ballpark or hotel

I stopped collecting a couple years ago...It got to the point where it stopped appealing to me...

i hate GU cards (I wish they would have redemption cards for the full jersey, bat, shoe, etc), and with all the shortprint and auto cards, I stopped paying attention to the base cards.

It got to the point where I would buy a box hoping for a big autograph pull, when I realized that most of the time I could buy the player(s)' autograph on ebay or at a show for less than the price of the box of cards, and almost any active player I could get for free at the ballpark or hotel

 

Dude pulling cards from packs is SO much more fun than just buying it separate. Although ya, it's less cost effective for sure.

I stopped collecting a couple years ago...It got to the point where it stopped appealing to me...

i hate GU cards (I wish they would have redemption cards for the full jersey, bat, shoe, etc), and with all the shortprint and auto cards, I stopped paying attention to the base cards.

It got to the point where I would buy a box hoping for a big autograph pull, when I realized that most of the time I could buy the player(s)' autograph on ebay or at a show for less than the price of the box of cards, and almost any active player I could get for free at the ballpark or hotel

 

Dude pulling cards from packs is SO much more fun than just buying it separate. Although ya, it's less cost effective for sure.

what's funnest though is getting a player's autograph at the hotel/ in person...to get that big name player, especially for the first time, is a huge thrill...

Definitely it's more exciting to get a great pull but the odds are through the roof and the boxes go for now over $100.... and think about it, even if you did get that good pull, how the heck can you display a card that is 4x2.5 or so.... certainly I rather look up at my wall and see a signed 8x10 that I can think back to the time I got it signed much more than the day I pulled a card that is locked up in my cabinet.

I stopped collecting a couple years ago...It got to the point where it stopped appealing to me...

i hate GU cards (I wish they would have redemption cards for the full jersey, bat, shoe, etc), and with all the shortprint and auto cards, I stopped paying attention to the base cards.

It got to the point where I would buy a box hoping for a big autograph pull, when I realized that most of the time I could buy the player(s)' autograph on ebay or at a show for less than the price of the box of cards, and almost any active player I could get for free at the ballpark or hotel

 

Dude pulling cards from packs is SO much more fun than just buying it separate. Although ya, it's less cost effective for sure.

what's funnest though is getting a player's autograph at the hotel/ in person...to get that big name player, especially for the first time, is a huge thrill...

yes it is. I'll never forget the day I met Andruw Jones at the Marriott

 

Does anyone collect these things anymore??? My dad brought me up like 6 binders filled with cards and I found a couple of valuable ones.....A Bonds 2nd year card, some McGwire's and Palmeiro's and a rookie Tom Glavine.....what do you suggest i do with them and where can i go to sell them?

 

This kinda goes along with this wonderful article from Yahoo

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AsrG...o&type=lgns

 

they probably won't be worth as much as you'd want. I found 9 Jose Canseco and 1 Mark McGwire roookies and I was told they'd be worth .25-.35 cents each. Bonds' rookies are worth a lot, same with Pujols, those sometimes go for $30.

i still collect, though my collection of cards isnt as big as it used to be. but i do collect Miguel Cabrera mainly, and all i collect now along wit the 2006 marlins roster autos.

 

the link to my site is in my sig and it shows my marlins collection along wit my Miguel Cabrera collection that is growing and will continue to grow cuz i just spent $70 on 4 autos of him this past weekend.

 

i also got the hanley, uggla, abercrombie, and josh johnson 2006 autos that i need to scan once i get my computer back which should be tomorrow.

all I have is my old stuff, as I stopped a long time ago. But I still have a few sets like clemens rookie year, marino's rookie set, the fleer set in basketball with reggie miller and stocken's rookies. And a few individual rookies of all of the old dolphins all of famers.

 

I need to pick up some miggy rookies someday, but card business seems alot different now then before with the grading stuff and all.

I don't buy as many baseball cards as I used to like when I was younger. I've kind of moved onto basketball and football cards but I will buy a baseball card here and there if I really like it.

 

Just got a very nice Dwyane Wade jersey rookie card for $31 the other day. Was happy to get it.

I feel the biggest problem is that baseball cards became too gimicky. I mean fun cards were always cool, but I liked the days when the best cards were just regualr rookie cards where a player later became a stud (My derrick lee rookie got damaged when hurricane irene flooded my house =() But anyway, now whats expensive are special 'inserts' that are rare bc the company intended to make them so. I realized this nonsense in 98 when some ken griffey insert was the most expensive card, moreso than any of the rookie cards i owned from back in the day. Thats when cards went down the shitter

i still collect, though my collection of cards isnt as big as it used to be. but i do collect Miguel Cabrera mainly, and all i collect now along wit the 2006 marlins roster autos.

 

the link to my site is in my sig and it shows my marlins collection along wit my Miguel Cabrera collection that is growing and will continue to grow cuz i just spent $70 on 4 autos of him this past weekend.

 

i also got the hanley, uggla, abercrombie, and josh johnson 2006 autos that i need to scan once i get my computer back which should be tomorrow.

 

I'm doin that too

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.