Bang! Music Festival

As some of you may know, on November 11th, the Bang! Music Festival will be held at Bicentennial Park here in Miami. The headliners as of now--as listed on their web site--are Modest Mouse, Gnarls Barkley, Tiesto, Kinky, and Los Amigos Invisibles. Which is OK, depending on what you're into. Nothing to get crazy about.

But someone on the Coachella board put a poster up showing Duran Duran and DAFT PUNK as being added to the list. Here is what he said: "no joke. i just picked this flyer up today at a vinyl shop on south beach".

And here is the poster:

Man, if Daft Punk is really going to be there, I don't care what kind of music you people are into, you won't regret going to see them. This would be a huge deal. I saw them at Coachella a few months ago--it was their first set in the US in 8 years. This would be their 2nd, and possibly their last, since they're basically doing a farewell tour. Anyway, the Coachella set was the greatest thing in the history of history. People literally stayed for a half hour after the set, cheering and yelling for them to come back. For an idea of what it was like you can hit up YouTube which has hundreds of videos of the set, but none of them really do it justice.

Let's hope this is for real.

Daft Punk AND Duran Duran?

Count my ass in.

Thanks a ton for posting. Just repeating what the poster says, pre-sale tix go on sale AUGUST 26th (not sure of the time)

I'll even forgive Daft Punk for that sorry ass release, Human After All (the title track and Robot Rock being the only listenable tracks on the entire record).

Ive been listening to D2 for ever and Daft since the HOMEWORK days. Id pay $35 just to see One More Time, Human After All, Around the World and Something About Us alone.

:pimp

I decided to head down to the record store in question to see this flyer for myself, and I can indeed confirm that the flyer exists.

Actually, hold everything...it's official. Still not up on the official site, but it is posted on their myspace site. This is going to be amazing.

Also, Mr. Don...regarding Daft Punk's latest...I must admit I am not quite as familiar with it as I am with Discovery and Homework...but I certainly will be by November 11th. In any case, you would be mistaken to dismiss Technologic, which is right up there with some of their best stuff. Robot Rock, though, is out of control live.

Here's hoping the sound system is as good as Coachella's. The light show is the best I've ever seen.

Just a reminder, the pre-sale for this starts on 08/26 (Sat).

I signed up at the website:

www.bangmusicfestival.com

for the pre-sale that is internet only

$45.00 per ticket

Thats ridiculously cheap for Daft Punk, Duran Duran, Gnarls Barkley and Tiesto.

Ye Olde Pitchfork says that Thievery Corporation and Common have been added with more possibly to come.

Still no details on that pre-sale, which is supposed to happen tomorrow.

At $45, though, this has become quite a good value, and in our own backyard.

I got an email this morning from bangmusicfestival.com advising that the pre-sale is tommorow online.

T Corporation and Common are both on the flyer thats on the email.

Its a sweet line up. I was hoping Depeche Mode would jump on board to make up for the cancelled show due to the f***** hurricane.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering the same thing.

Theres NO WAY Daft Punk goes on until its pitch black out. The light show is a huge part of their act.

Yeah, Daft Punk starts at 8 PM at the VERY earliest I'm thinking. I would think they'll make sure that Daft and Duran Duran don't play at the same time. If it were my call, they'd have Duran Duran go on at 9ish on the main stage, and then Daft goes on at like 10:30ish wherever it is they're playing. But they might switch the order.

I'm not worried about missing either of those acts. But as far as Modest Mouse, Gnarls, Common, Damian Marley, and Thievery Corporation...I have no idea.

Ye Olde Pitchfork says that Thievery Corporation and Common have been added with more possibly to come.

Still no details on that pre-sale, which is supposed to happen tomorrow.

At $45, though, this has become quite a good value, and in our own backyard.

That just put it over the top for me. Only thing left is to get Nightmares on Wax in.

I went last year and it was off the meat rack!

I have so many complaints about this "festival", and the way it's run, but Daft Punk pretty much redeemed the whole damn thing. I don't think I would ever go again, not unless they bring back Daft Punk, or a headliner of similar stature. And I highly doubt they can score like that again.

Anyone see Modest Mouse? Due to Gnarls Barkley running over an hour late, I was unable to catch any of the Modest Mouse set, as I had to run over to Daft Punk.

I saw about a half hour or so. I went with my sister, and she really didn't want to stay any longer, so we booked. It was a very hits heavy set--in the 7 or 8 songs I saw they played Hungry Like The Wolf, The Reflex, Ordinary World, Serious, Planet Earth, and A View To A Kill. There was only like one song I didn't recognize. The Duran Duran fans seemed to be having a good time. It's not that I don't like them, but at that point in the evening, Duran Duran just wasn't what I was looking for. It's hard to go from Daft Punk to Duran Duran.