Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WTF is going on?

Featured Replies

What I wanna see tomorrow.....

 

Demote- Abercrombie

 

Promote- Eric Reed (long hit streak right now)

 

so you want to demote Abercrombie after he has shown some legit improvement recently?

 

cute

 

one more thing:

 

Helms is hitting .400/.475/.714 with the game on the line this year

 

whoops.

 

 

yes I do....I want him to get consistant ABs in AAA to really improve.

 

I want to see either Aguila or Reed again, preferably Reed considering he's hit over .300 every place he's been and could steal 50 bases.....Reed and Ramirez could cause havoc. I'd be willing to give him another shot.

Man, I really can't believe this one. Generally this season I've given Girardi the benefit of the doubt but tonight absolutely blows my mind. Forget Amezaga for a moment. After his atbat we had runners on second and third with two outs, and he leaves Dontrelle Willis in the game to hit in a situation that could possibly have been (and indeed was) our last legitimate chance to tie the game or take a lead. EVEN IF YOU COULD GUARANTEE that Dontrelle would pitch a perfect 7th, why would you take that chance knowing that with only two innings remaining in the game you might not have two runners in scoring position again.

 

But you couldn't guarantee that Dontrelle would pitch a perfect 7th. If he had, and if things had played out the way they did for the rest of the game, Olivo's home run would have tied the game in the 9th with 2 outs. The fact of the matter, however, is that Dontrelle had not only given up 2 runs in the previous inning... but had also walked the following two batters and then after an out had started the next batter off with 2 balls before intentionally walking him and then luckily escaping the inning. WHY keep him in the game to pitch another inning after witnessing the 6th if he has 99 pitches and it means he has to bat-- in a huuuge spot??? Makes no sense at all and at that point I knew we had lost the game. After the 2 runs he obviously lost the control he had had all game, and it showed in the next inning. I really still can't believe that that happened.

 

As for Amezaga, when he was due up to bat I said "pleeeeeeease pinch hit for him" and when I saw he was coming up I begged him to prove me wrong. Of course he didn't. I definitely think keeping Amezaga in the game was a bad move but not nearly as boneheaded as keeping Dontrelle in. By the way, why the hell is Amezaga still starting? I would rather have Ross, Borchard, or even Reggie start. All these guys are actually outfielders and aren't any worse off than having a utility infielder out there. But that's a whole different discussion.

Man, I really can't believe this one. Generally this season I've given Girardi the benefit of the doubt but tonight absolutely blows my mind. Forget Amezaga for a moment. After his atbat we had runners on second and third with two outs, and he leaves Dontrelle Willis in the game to hit in a situation that could possibly have been (and indeed was) our last legitimate chance to tie the game or take a lead. EVEN IF YOU COULD GUARANTEE that Dontrelle would pitch a perfect 7th, why would you take that chance knowing that with only two innings remaining in the game you might not have two runners in scoring position again.

 

But you couldn't guarantee that Dontrelle would pitch a perfect 7th. If he had, and if things had played out the way they did for the rest of the game, Olivo's home run would have tied the game in the 9th with 2 outs. The fact of the matter, however, is that Dontrelle had not only given up 2 runs in the previous inning... but had also walked the following two batters and then after an out had started the next batter off with 2 balls before intentionally walking him and then luckily escaping the inning. WHY keep him in the game to pitch another inning after witnessing the 6th if he has 99 pitches and it means he has to bat-- in a huuuge spot??? Makes no sense at all and at that point I knew we had lost the game. After the 2 runs he obviously lost the control he had had all game, and it showed in the next inning. I really still can't believe that that happened.

 

As for Amezaga, when he was due up to bat I said "pleeeeeeease pinch hit for him" and when I saw he was coming up I begged him to prove me wrong. Of course he didn't. I definitely think keeping Amezaga in the game was a bad move but not nearly as boneheaded as keeping Dontrelle in. By the way, why the hell is Amezaga still starting? I would rather have Ross, Borchard, or even Reggie start. All these guys are actually outfielders and aren't any worse off than having a utility infielder out there. But that's a whole different discussion.

 

 

 

I was thinking the same thing my friend....I would have put in Cody Ross (a much better RBI hitter) for Amezaga and Helms for Willis.....Girardi should go manage in the AL where he doesn't have to really manage.

  • Author

I would have put Helms in for AA

 

give him the best chance to succeed

I would have done that too. Helms has proven more than once that he can hit in a spot like that. Even if he didn't, it would have been the best possible move Girardi could have made, and then he STILL could have pinch hit for Willis with a plethora of other guys.

I would have done that too. Helms has proven more than once that he can hit in a spot like that. Even if he didn't, it would have been the best possible move Girardi could have made, and then he STILL could have pinch hit for Willis with a plethora of other guys.

 

 

Yeah Helms has been pretty clutch and one of the best PHers in baseball the past few years....I'm pretty sure he could have hit a SAC fly there.....seriously what was Girardi smoking there? Makes me mad before I go to sleep....

anyway stop blaming everything on the manager. hanley made a terrible play . dontrelle a bad pitch, and we didnt hit with the runners on. it wasnt girardi that struck out or grounded into a double play. and mike jacobs needs a day off becuase in case u havent noticed a week ago he was hitting .290 and now hes at .272

You can't really blame evertyhing on Girardi it was a combo of everyone. When we had runners on 3rd 3 times w/ 1 out and could not score thats not his fault. Also when your 1-5 hitters go 1-19 and make Lowe look like the greatest pitcher ever we have a problem. and can someone tell hanley to throw lower damn, every ball he throws it seems that helm and jake are jumping and please no more mitre. we need to win the next 2 games, and give hanley a rest tomorrow, also let helms start, atleast jeremy is looking better.

  • Author

Obviously Joe isnt the one who didnt drive in the runs, but he didnt give the Marlins the best chance to win either

True, the players are obviously at fault as well. Gotta hit when the opportunity is there, though Lowe must be given his credit. But what happened earlier in the game happened earlier in the game. Fact is, Girardi could have improved our chances of winning in the 7th inning and he didn't. For that, I blame him. I guess that argument is old, though. Just have to learn from it and win tomorrow.

  • Author

u just cant blame girardi becuase u know wat if we just get sac flies with those runners on third we win the game

 

I can blame whoever I want kthx

yes well that why i actually have wanted to see reggie in there becuase he swung the bat well in arizona and both games in washington and arizona that he was in we won

 

and we have a much better chance of a sac fly with regie up there than alfredo

i have no problem with joe's decisions.. the fact that he has us competing means that i do not doubt his managerial abilities, considering our payroll.

Why is Amezaga not being PH for?

 

Why is Train hitting for himself?

 

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

 

Amezaga shouldn't have been PH for

Why not?

 

he is hitting .143 with RISP

rather see A-mess-again than Abercrombie up there,you know Abercrombie will swing at 3 pitches no matter WHERE they are will all his might

who said anything about Abercrombie?

 

the best player in the NL in close and late situations(statistically) is sitting on our f***ing bench(Helms)

Helms should've PH for Willis not Amezaga

 

btw,nice to see Mitre picking his balls in the BP

.143

 

Amezaga shouldnt have had the chance to swing the stick

 

Amezaga is a career AAAA player who wouldn't be an everyday player on any other MLB team and not even some AAA teams.

 

alfredo amezaga has super sub written all over him in the near future. he is our chone figgins. he will be a major part off the bench for the next several years. :thumbup

Nice to see the Marlins come through again with clutch hitting :plain. Goodness, those men on 3rd base with 1 down need to score. That pretty much put them in a hole right here. It should have been 3-0 if we got those runs in. Argh... Just win tonight boys.

What I wanna see tomorrow.....

 

Demote- Abercrombie

 

Promote- Eric Reed (long hit streak right now)

 

 

 

 

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

 

 

:plain

Didn't see the game, but Girardi with two runners in scoring position and 2 outs did not pinch hit for Dontrelle? What the hell? AND he was already at 99 pitches? That has to be common sense there. I'm sure Loria/FO isn't exactly happy with this move. Really just doesn't make any sense why he would leave him in the game.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.