County officials to meet with Major League Baseball

CapeFish

Think Miami.

That would be so very bad. The infrastructure wouldn't support the extra traffic. No parking. And no $$$ to improve on those two issues. It would also effectively take away the PBC fans and counties to our north. Probably also take away counties to the west.

With the exception of a very few that won't go to the games now because they feel it is "toooo faaaarrrrrr" Hialeah is the best spot for the new pond.

Think Miami.

That would be so very bad. The infrastructure wouldn't support the extra traffic. No parking. And no $$$ to improve on those two issues. It would also effectively take away the PBC fans and counties to our north. Probably also take away counties to the west.

With the exception of a very few that won't go to the games now because they feel it is "toooo faaaarrrrrr" Hialeah is the best spot for the new pond.

Counties to the north of Palm Beach? And to the west of Dade? No way more than 100 people per night are from these areas. People don't come down from past Jupiter for baseball games.

What PBC fans don't get is that with the way traffic works Downtown Miami and the Orange Bowl is a very quick drive from Pro Player at 630 or 7 on a weeknight. It really is no more than 15 minutes south of PPS.

Think Miami.

Miami where??? We aren't gonna get started on the Orange Bowl again are We?...Unless its Biscayne Park i rather it be Hialeah. Hialeah is primed the land is available it's easier access to the whole S. Fl area. Hialeah offers opprtunity to develop a whole new infrastructure for the fans and their families. The Orange Bowl is utter nonsense

I'm still not getting my hopes up...wasn't there an article a couple days ago saying there was something like an announcent to be made in late september that a deal was made to close the funding gap. It was another Cape blog. Either way, I agree that the Hialeah site would be better but as long as we have a stadium, I'm not complaining.

Think Miami.

Counties to the north of Palm Beach? And to the west of Dade? No way more than 100 people per night are from these areas. People don't come down from past Jupiter for baseball games.

What PBC fans don't get is that with the way traffic works Downtown Miami and the Orange Bowl is a very quick drive from Pro Player at 630 or 7 on a weeknight. It really is no more than 15 minutes south of PPS.

At 6:30 or 7:00 on a week night? Games start at 7:05 on week nights. Scotty has died so he can no longer beam us around.

No infra structure or parking to support the added flow of traffic. No available funding to build extra 8 lane highways to support it. No available cash to aquire the land and build parking garages that will handle 20,000 or more vehicles. And I don't get why you would want us to drive an extra "15 minutes" when you aren't willing to drive an extra 10 minutes. I rather doubt that extra time you are talking about. Especially considering you are going to have to add in the extra traffic going in that direction to attend the games there. And because of the lack of available parking the extra time to walk the long distances to the park. And back. And then the huge traffic jams leaving those areas. Or the time it will take for alternate transportation. Waiting for the additional rides, their trouble in the traffic, etc.

You would evidently be surprised at the number of fans that make the trip from north of Jupiter. Not full season ticket holders as a majority. But at least week end warriors. I talk to many at the games.

No. Like it or not, Hialeah is the best and fairest solution. Time for you to get past the idea that just because we drive this far now we will be willing to spend at least another hour driving round trip for YOUR benefit.

I'm still not getting my hopes up...wasn't there an article a couple days ago saying there was something like an announcent to be made in late september that a deal was made to close the funding gap. It was another Cape blog. Either way, I agree that the Hialeah site would be better but as long as we have a stadium, I'm not complaining.

I'm kind of with you on the "as long as we have a stadium" way of thinking. I just get a little tired of hearing South Dade residents thinking it would be best to move it farther away from us so it will be closer to them. I have always offered my home to them for a week during the season and to drive with me to the games on a daily basis. My thought is that once they do they would never complain how far it is away from them right now.

Think Miami.

I used to be a Heat season ticket holder and it was a friggen nightmere trying to get from Boca to downtown Miami for a 7:30 PM game on a weeknight.

I can easily get to PPS in less than 25 minutes, but going to Heat games it takes at least an hour and 15 minutes to get there on a weeknight with all the traffic.