Hey, question on mailing to the Fish

Cabrera is really tough through the mail, I haven't seen a TTM success from him in awhile. Him and Hanley are easily the worst on the team in that department. (In person is another story)

I'd send out letters to Tank or Nolasco if you want an autograph. (I've found that they're 2 of the better guys through the mail) Make sure you send a Self-Addressed stamped envelope if you ever wanna see your cards again though.

I recommend going to ST games if you want some autographs. I know its pretty far way (Time and distance) but I got tons of autographs from the players. Oh and if you want to chat with the players its a good time for that. I used to talk to Josh Stewart before each game and once in awhile Jorg would say hello.

Yeah, i live in west palm, so i go to ST, but havent really gotten anyones auto whos good. But, im gonna go this year, and push everyone out of the way.

I go to tons of games... You pretty much have to hang around the bullpen area while the players are stretching/throwing etc:. I am really shy so I never yell for a player to come over I just go over to them. Just get there about 40 minutes early and you will be set.

Arright, thnx Holly. Never been there too early so I got to talk to odalis perez once but thats about it.

Well, unless you have a man next to you who knows every player and makes them come over to meet you (I got like 15 autographs that day) . I was talking to this guy and he told me he would get Hermida over for an autograph (He was my last victum). So... This guy yells "This girl wants to meet you" *hides*. Atleast Hermida smiled and laughed about it.

Oh.. how I just love ST.

the baseball book i think you're referring to is "The Baseball Autograph Collector's Handbook" by Jack Smalling. I use it all the time, it's great. I send stuff through the mail all the time, I'll PM you an example letter that I usually send. I've had great success using it. The big names like Cabrera, Willis, Jeter, Manny..aren't going to sign. If you try doing that be prepared to wait about a year for them to come back (yes, literally.) (and this is if they return it at all). Some players only sign if you make a donation (this is usually the old-timers though). The marlins will probably be good with signing TTM since they're rookies and stuff, I'd get them ASAP. Just because a player signs well in person doesn't mean he'll sign through the mail well. and btw if you need any adresses of players houses..PM and I'll be glad to help :) .

Arright, thnx Holly. Never been there too early so I got to talk to odalis perez once but thats about it.

Well, unless you have a man next to you who knows every player and makes them come over to meet you (I got like 15 autographs that day) . I was talking to this guy and he told me he would get Hermida over for an autograph (He was my last victum). So... This guy yells "This girl wants to meet you" *hides*. Atleast Hermida smiled and laughed about it.

Oh.. how I just love ST.

haha, did you get to meet him?

Oh.. how I just love ST.

ya she did, but i think they did a little more than just say hello.. :shifty

another question. I host a college radio show and I'd like to have some of the plyers as call in guests. Can I request that TTM or do I have to go through the Marlins?

I would do that through the marlins..they won't do much through the mail like that.

Oh.. how I just love ST.

Yes.. He walked over to where I was. Really nice guy.

Oh.. how I just love ST.

ya she did, but i think they did a little more than just say hello.. :shifty

another question. I host a college radio show and I'd like to have some of the plyers as call in guests. Can I request that TTM or do I have to go through the Marlins?

I would do that through the marlins..they won't do much through the mail like that.

:banana

QUOTE(CTMarlinsfan @ Aug 21 2006, 10:23 PM)

you don't think that if I sent a letter to Uggla, he'd say, you know I really can't help you but get in touch with my agent and we might be able to help you out...obviously I can't pay since its college, so I'd hope some of the yougsters would be able to help me out.

you don't think that if I sent a letter to Uggla, he'd say, you know I really can't help you but get in touch with my agent and we might be able to help you out...obviously I can't pay since its college, so I'd hope some of the yougsters would be able to help me out.

Doubt it. But try emailing Loyello through the Marlins web site. Unless you know somebody.

no way. the MLB players won't take time to write back usually, even the really nice guys.