Next 4 games....

Pick what our record will be....I love the matchups here!

Saturday, September 2 Miller Park | 7:05 PM ET

Josh Johnson, RHP (12-6, 2.87)

@ Ben Sheets, RHP (4-6, 4.62)

Johnson gets his second straight shot against the Brewers, and the rookie is hoping for similar results. On Monday in Miami, Johnson collected his 12th win, limiting Milwaukee to two runs in 7 2/3 innings, the longest outing of his young career. In five August starts, Johnson was 3-1 with a 4.11 ERA. But overall, the 6-foot-7 rookie paces the Major Leagues in ERA (2.87).

Sheets deserved a better fate than he was dealt in his last start against the Marlins. He allowed just one earned run on six hits over seven innings, but still came away with the loss as Florida scored two unearned runs in the fifth inning, including a play at the plate when Mike Rivera lost the ball as Cody Ross charged home. The loss was Sheets' third in his past five outings.

................................................................................

Scott Olsen, LHP (11-7, 4.24)

@ Tomo Ohka, RHP (4-3, 4.40)

Fresh off his most impressive outing as a big leaguer, Olsen is now riding a two-game winning streak. In his previous start, the 22-year-old left-hander was brilliant, limiting the Cardinals to one run on three hits in eight innings. Olsen had not worked more than 7 1/3 in his young career. Economical with his pitches, he threw just 89 at St. Louis.

Ohka was burned by the long ball on Tuesday in Houston, surrendering a solo home run to Luke Scott and a two-run shot to Craig Biggio that put the Brewers in a 3-0 hole. He ended up with a no-decision, but lost for the third time vs. one win in six August starts. He's 2-10 with a 5.02 ERA in 17 career appearances against Florida, with one of those wins coming in 2005. He has yet to face the Marlins this season.

Enrique Gonzalez, RHP (3-6, 5.42)

@ Ricky Nolasco, RHP (11-9, 4.75)

Gonzalez put in five innings of work in his last start on Tuesday against the Padres. The rookie right-hander gave up four earned runs ? including a two-run shot by Mike Piazza ? on 10 hits. It was the fourth time in August that Gonzalez had pitched longer than five innings.

The grind of the season may be catching up to Nolasco. The rookie now has tossed 121 1/3 innings. In his last two starts, he has given up 12 runs (11 earned) in six innings. In his last start, a loss at St. Louis on Wednesday, the right-hander watched a four-run lead disappear as he gave up seven runs (six earned) in four-plus innings. Nolasco, however, was effective in his previous start against the Diamondbacks. At Arizona on Aug. 13, the picked up a win, giving up three runs in 7 1/3 innings.

Claudio Vargas, RHP (10-9, 5.15)

@ Dontrelle Willis, LHP (9-10, 3.91)

Vargas' last outing against the Padres on Wednesday was brief as he only lasted five innings. The right-hander fell behind in the count early and often while giving up three runs on six hits. Vargas was able to work out of jams as he stranded six runners on the night. He hasn't helped with much run support as the D-Backs plated a lone run while he was on the hill.

Splendid in his last start, Willis settled for a no-decision at St. Louis, giving up one run in seven innings. But the Marlins were unable to preserve a 2-1 lead after the D-Train exited. Willis has won his last two decisions, and in his last three starts, he has given up five runs in 21 innings. Willis is looking to even his record for the first time since he was 1-1 on April 25.

Analysis......I'm going with 3-1 here. Johnson vs. Sheets will be the toughest matchup. I hope we hit Sheets like last game. We own Ohka (2-10 career record vs. Marlins) and Willis should beat Gonzalez. Nolasco game is a tossup. Ricky looked great in the 1st 2 innings last start then collapsed. I still have confidence in Nolasco. If we win the 1st game then we could go 4-0...but I'll say 3-1.

What do you guys think?

2 bad outings and you're yanked?

I hope he's just trying to keep Nolasco's innings down, in case the last few games have been the result of him wearing down

Otherwise that's not much of a show of confidence there Joe.... .

Moehler's done a good job coming out of the pen lately, hopefully he'll do the job.

I hope he's just trying to keep Nolasco's innings down, in case the last few games have been the result of him wearing down

Moehler's done a good job coming out of the pen lately, hopefully he'll do the job.

He might be working on some stuff behind the scenes.

The plan may be let Moehler go 6 then bring in Nolasco for the final 3. Or maybe even split them 5/4. Nolasco in mid-to-late relief is preferable to anyone else (if Tank and JoBo aren't available).