The Other 2Pac Thread

chefbob

and after 10 years, I still could care less.

sorry guys, just my opinion. Still doesn't have the same impact as John Lennon, Huddie Ledbetter and the like.

:thumbdown

While you can definitely make a case for Lennon, I would say Tupac had a far bigger impact than Ledbetter. He inspired a whole generation and culture, was an advocate for human rights and had a giant community behind him. While the debate is clearly subjective, the impact 'Pac made on many people in his short life is not. With that said, this was opened as a thread to remember him and not bash him.

Guest ShaqandWade323

sorry guys, just my opinion. Still doesn't have the same impact as John Lennon, Huddie Ledbetter and the like.

Well those guys had an impact on your generation, Tupac had an impact on our generation and like Lennon is still remembered today, Tupac will be remembered 40 years from now.

Well those guys had an impact on your generation, Tupac had an impact on our generation and like Lennon is still remembered today, Tupac will be remembered 40 years from now. Thats a stretch. Tupac doesn't get remembered the way Lennon does today. And he will never be remembered like the way Lennon is remembered. Lennon was a beloved music icon for almost 20 years around the world. Tupac doesn't come close.

Guest ShaqandWade323

Well those guys had an impact on your generation, Tupac had an impact on our generation and like Lennon is still remembered today, Tupac will be remembered 40 years from now. Thats a stretch. Tupac doesn't get remembered the way Lennon does today. And he will never be remembered like the way Lennon is remembered. Lennon was a beloved music icon for almost 20 years around the world. Tupac doesn't come close.

Tupac's sold 73 million records worldwide, the best selling hip hop artist ever.

Tupac's sold 73 million records worldwide, the best selling hip hop artist ever. Lennon sold over a billion records including all of his group and solo work. Game. Set. Match.

Guest ShaqandWade323

I'm not trying to compare the two...Lennon was great too, I listen to his music also. I'm just stating my opinion that Tupac probably won't be forgotten, not bashing your opinions.

Hooray for being close minded!

Tupac was an artist who impacted a lot of lives. John Lennon pretty much changed the way we listen to music. Huddie Ledbetter is a guy who doesn't mean anything to 90% of the world.

It isn't fair to compare any of them, because they all made an impact in different ways.

2Pac and everyone else in the Hip-Hop world is crap. Especially Snoop Dog.

/Nuf Ced

Thats the most idiotic statement I've ever read, if you aren't being sarcastic.

Well those guys had an impact on your generation, Tupac had an impact on our generation and like Lennon is still remembered today, Tupac will be remembered 40 years from now.

Tupac was a hell of a rapper, but I'm not sure he'll ever reach Lennon's level, or Jimi Hendrix's. He might be comparable to a Dimebag Darrell or Jim Morrison I think.

2Pac was a great musical artist, nobody can dispute that...his works were genius

that being said, he was a scum the world is better off without him

Because we're better off with a bunch of studio-gangsters trying to act hardcore by talking about how awesome it is to kill people and slang drugs than we would be with a rapper who made positive, upbeat songs about the struggle. Right.

2Pac was a great musical artist, nobody can dispute that...his works were genius

Because we're better off with a bunch of studio-gangsters trying to act hardcore by talking about how awesome it is to kill people and slang drugs than we would be with a rapper who made positive, upbeat songs about the struggle. Right.

yeah, instead of talking about killing people and doing all the gangbanging sh*t like the other rappers, 2Pac actually did it

yeah, instead of talking about killing people and doing all the gangbanging sh*t like the other rappers, 2Pac actually did it

Yeah, we're better off with 50 cent and a bunch of ******* rapping about bulls*** than 2pac's Brenda's Got a Baby, Part Time Mutha, Cradle to the Grave, How Long Will They Mourn Me, Life Goes On, ect ect ect ect ect

You know nothing.

Yeah, we're better off with 50 cent and a bunch of ******* rapping about bulls*** than 2pac's Brenda's Got a Baby, Part Time Mutha, Cradle to the Grave, How Long Will They Mourn Me, Life Goes On, ect ect ect ect ect

You know nothing.

2 pac was a great artist...just great...and i agree...today's rap is awful...just awful...that said...being great, amongst such mediocrity is like the mets winning the national league east this year...but generally...i support music that isnt so negative on a general scale...

You know nothing.

Maybe you should actually read my posts?

Where did I say anything negative about his music? Hell read my first post...I agree he's much better than any of today's artists...but my point is about 2Pac as a person, and as good of a musical artist he was, he was a scum as a person

You know nothing.

Maybe you should actually read my posts?

Where did I say anything negative about his music? Hell read my first post...I agree he's much better than any of today's artists...but my point is about 2Pac as a person, and as good of a musical artist he was, he was a scum as a person

he was a scum the world is better off without him

And I'm disagreeing with that.

Because we're better off with a bunch of studio-gangsters trying to act hardcore by talking about how awesome it is to kill people and slang drugs than we would be with a rapper who made positive, upbeat songs about the struggle. Right.Grab your glocks when you see 2pac

Call the cops when you see 2pac, Uhh

Who shot me,

But, your punks didn't finish

Now, you 'bout to feel the wrath of a menace

n***a, I hit 'em up

What the f***?

Is you stupid?

I take money,

crash and mash through Brooklyn

With my click looting, shooting, and polluting your block

With fifteen shot,

Cocked glock to your knot