Them Dodgas

Lefty

So a thought comes to mind...While the Pads are closer to us than the Dodgers, do you think it's more likely that we'll be chasing LA by next week?

And actually, they have the same amount of losses now...? Damn that was fast.

Basically, we need one team to sweep the other in this series. Can't have them swapping games.

The way the Padres are playing........yes.

Problem with the Dodgers though is that they have shown a penchant for being very streaky.

They could quite possibly win or lose 11 in a row before the season ends.

If history is any indication, they will crumble and they will crumble hard (they're my second favorite team).

Its been about 20 years since the last great Dodger moment

Either a sweep or 3/4. If one loses 2 games, that puts us back 2 (without knowing how we fare). A split is NOT POSSIBLE!

Come to think of it, this series is the best thing that could have happened for the Fish.

The chances of one team either going 4-0 or 3-1 have to be good. If they played different teams, both might win their respective series and totally screw the Fish. Things are looking good!

we are not only playing atlanta the rest of the way, it won't matter if we sweep ATL if we don't play well in NY or PHI. I know, one serie at a time but also think that we have the worst schedule in my opinion, and on the road.

I believe so let's go MARLINS!!!.

I am looking at things one game/one series at a time. If we don't sweep Atlanta but win the series, we'll still be in the race but not much better off than we are now. If we lose the series (2 out of 3), it will take nothing less than a mircale to land a WC berth. If we are swept, we'll be out of it.

Things are looking good for who???? :blink:

Everyone knows were going on a road trip to ATLANTA, NEW YORK and PHILLY right?

Its miracle time.......not things are looking good time.

:rolleyes:

:lol :lol :lol Dude I love reacting to your comments.

Things are looking good because:

The Padres and Dodgers have the same amount of losses. So it doesn't matter to us who loses the series--just as long as one team beats the other 3-1 or 4-0. Either scenario gets us halfway to the Wild Card leader within 4 days. If the Padres played one team and the Dodgers another, then there is MUCH LESS of a chance that we can pull that close that fast. Get me, hombre?

Also, we control out destiny vs the Phillies...And the Giants we can overcome just by winning.

Like I said, things are looking good. With 16 games left, we are 4 games out of the Wild Card lead. If all goes well (anything but a series tie b/w SD and LA benefits us), we can be either 1 or 2 games out with 12 games left. I will take that, senor. I will take that.

The Marlins will gain ground tonight no matter who wins. If the Padres win, we gain a half game and are now chasing the Dodgers. If L.A. wins, we're still chasing the Padres and gain a whole game on them. We need someone to take at least 3/4 if not sweep that series. I have the feeling we'll be chasing the Dodgers by next week, the way the Padres are playing right now.

Things are looking good for who???? :blink:

Everyone knows were going on a road trip to ATLANTA, NEW YORK and PHILLY right?

Its miracle time.......not things are looking good time.

:rolleyes:

:lol :lol :lol Dude I love reacting to your comments.

Things are looking good because:

The Padres and Dodgers have the same amount of losses. So it doesn't matter to us who loses the series--just as long as one team beats the other 3-1 or 4-0. Either scenario gets us halfway to the Wild Card leader within 4 days. If the Padres played one team and the Dodgers another, then there is MUCH LESS of a chance that we can pull that close that fast. Get me, hombre?

Also, we control out destiny vs the Phillies...And the Giants we can overcome just by winning.

Like I said, things are looking good. With 16 games left, we are 4 games out of the Wild Card lead. If all goes well (anything but a series tie b/w SD and LA benefits us), we can be either 1 or 2 games out with 12 games left. I will take that, senor. I will take that.

Im just gonna re-post this because you must have read it wrong the first time.

Its MIRACLE time, not "things are looking good" time.

If the Marlins win the wild card after being 4 back in the loss column on 09/14 it will be a freakin, frackin miracle kid. Based on strength of schedule and our record against our remaing opponents it will be a complete miracle.

Hilarious.