September 22, 200620 yr Yankees: 18 A's: 10 Braves: 8 Cardinals: 8 Giants: 7 Dodgers: 6 Orioles: 5 Tigers: 5 Cubs: 5 Reds: 4 Mets: 3 Red Sox: 3 Phillies: 2 Pirates: 2 Indians: 2 D-Backs: 1 Mariners: 1 Royals: 1 Astros: 1 Twins: 1 White Sox: 1 Devil Rays: 0 Marlins: 0 Rockies: 0 Blue Jays: 0 Nationals: 0 Padres: 0 Brewers: 0 Angels: 0 Rangers: 0
September 24, 200620 yr I hate the Yankees SO much :confused amen. another thing I don't like is how everyone and their mother claims to be a yankee fan, even if they couldn't name one of the players.
September 24, 200620 yr I hate the Yankees SO much :confused amen. another thing I don't like is how everyone and their mother claims to be a yankee fan, even if they couldn't name one of the players. :lol :notworthy Thats gets so anoying over here
September 24, 200620 yr :agreed Short of Jeter and/or A-Rod... sometimes Rivera... they usually don't get anyone else, and then get defensive about it saying "At least we made the playoffs/have the most world series rings" Always mention the '03 shutout in Yankee Stadium, gets under their skin real good :thumbup
September 26, 200620 yr *BUMP* Two days later.... FYI for the history buffs, since the advent of divisional play in 1969, the closest that it has ever been with all playoff teams being 100-win teams was 1977. In the AL, the Yankees went 100-62 and the Royals went 102-60. In the NL, the Phillies went 101-61 and the Dodgers went 98-64. Amazingly enough, the Dodgers had some ridiculous 24-4? start to the season and ended up 2 games short of 100 (and 2 games short of the Yankees in the World Series). Memories of a sportfan filled youth... Also, I think the 1961 Tigers, 1962 Dodgers, 1980 Orioles and 1993 Giants are the only teams to win 100 games in a season and not make the playoffs. I did those from memory, anyone else can correct me on that.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.