The Madden Jinx Lives

Junior

:banghead

The Yahoo fantasy server has crashed. I've got Alexander on my team and I need to scour the waiver wire.

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Turner, Michael

Any LT owner with common sense has already handcuffed themselves with Turner

Well the same thing should be said about Alexander and Maurice Morris

:banghead

The Yahoo fantasy server has crashed. I've got Alexander on my team and I need to scour the waiver wire.

:banghead :banghead :banghead

Turner, Michael

Any LT owner with common sense has already handcuffed themselves with Turner

Well the same thing should be said about Alexander and Maurice Morris

Im not so sure as Morris was avail in all my leagues

Morris hasnt shown what Turner has.... then again, I have LT in 3/4 of my leagues so I had Turner anyway

Guest FishFanInPA

The Madden coincidence continues!

Still, Barry Sanders retired, so I fail to see how it's a true curse.

and Eddie George had the best year of his career when he was put on the cover

and Ray Lewis put up 146 tackles when he made the cover

yeah, i dont think its legit either :thumbup

Year of Release Madden Title Cover Athlete Alleged Curse

1998 1999 Garrison Hearst Injured; while playing against the Falcons, twisted his ankle on very first play of scrimmage

1999 2000(1) Barry Sanders Abruptly retired during training camp in 1999.

1999 2000(2) Dorsey Levens Cut by the Packers in 2001 and finished his career as a journeyman player.

2000 2001 Eddie George Key fumble vs. Ravens in playoffs; team lost in Divisional Playoff after losing Super Bowl XXXIV

2001 2002 Daunte Culpepper Injured; missed 5 games in 2001; team missed playoffs after losing NFC Championship in 2000

2002 2003 Marshall Faulk Injured; least productive season as a Ram up to that point; team missed playoffs after losing Super Bowl XXXVI

2003 2004 Michael Vick Injured; missed 11 games after breaking leg in 2003 preseason; team missed playoffs after losing Divisional Playoff in 2002

2004 2005 Ray Lewis Broke wrist and missed Pro Bowl; Critically seen as an off year; team missed playoffs after losing Wild Card Playoff in 2003

2005 2006 Donovan McNabb Injured; missed 7 games in 2005; team missed playoffs after losing Super Bowl XXXIX

2006 2007 Shaun Alexander Injured Week 3; cracked a bone in his left foot during a 42-30 win over the New York Giants. Out indefinitely.

The Madden coincidence continues!

Still, Barry Sanders retired, so I fail to see how it's a true curse.

and Eddie George had the best year of his career when he was put on the cover

and Ray Lewis put up 146 tackles when he made the cover

yeah, i dont think its legit either :thumbup

Year of Release Madden Title Cover Athlete Alleged Curse

1998 1999 Garrison Hearst Injured; while playing against the Falcons, twisted his ankle on very first play of scrimmage

1999 2000(1) Barry Sanders Abruptly retired during training camp in 1999.

1999 2000(2) Dorsey Levens Cut by the Packers in 2001 and finished his career as a journeyman player.

2000 2001 Eddie George Key fumble vs. Ravens in playoffs; team lost in Divisional Playoff after losing Super Bowl XXXIV

2001 2002 Daunte Culpepper Injured; missed 5 games in 2001; team missed playoffs after losing NFC Championship in 2000

2002 2003 Marshall Faulk Injured; least productive season as a Ram up to that point; team missed playoffs after losing Super Bowl XXXVI

2003 2004 Michael Vick Injured; missed 11 games after breaking leg in 2003 preseason; team missed playoffs after losing Divisional Playoff in 2002

2004 2005 Ray Lewis Broke wrist and missed Pro Bowl; Critically seen as an off year; team missed playoffs after losing Wild Card Playoff in 2003

2005 2006 Donovan McNabb Injured; missed 7 games in 2005; team missed playoffs after losing Super Bowl XXXIX

2006 2007 Shaun Alexander Injured Week 3; cracked a bone in his left foot during a 42-30 win over the New York Giants. Out indefinitely.

As stated earlier Eddie still had one of his better years and Ray Lewis was still awesome. You can't point to a curse for a dude missing the pro bowl, come on.

Oh, well, you gotta' love kids and their curses.

Guest FishFanInPA

The prayers of Shaun Alexander and the Seattle Seahawks have reportedly been answered.

Alexander, who is crediting prayer with healing his fractured left foot according to the Tacoma News Tribune, hopes to play against the Chicago Bears on Sunday.

Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said Wednesday the team plans to take more X-rays of Alexander's left foot. Holmgren said Alexander wouldn't practice Wednesday, but is feeling better and hopes to play Sunday night.

The News Tribune reported that Alexander's foot stopped hurting Tuesday. Alexander's brother, Durran, confirmed the news Wednesday.

Holmgren said Monday that a bone scan revealed Alexander sustained a "small crack" and "displaced fracture" on a non-weight-bearing bone in his foot sometime during the Seahawks' 42-30 win over the New York Giants on Sunday. Alexander ran for 47 yards on 20 carries while wearing new shoes and orthotic inserts before sitting out the fourth quarter, which began with Seattle leading 42-3.

Alexander missed practices last Wednesday and Thursday because of soreness from a bone bruise he sustained while rushing for 51 yards on 19 carries in the Sept. 10 season opener at Detroit.

Holmgren said last season's NFL rushing leader was on crutches inside team headquarters Monday, a special off day for players following their third straight win. Alexander had departed the facility by the time Holmgren made his announcement.