Marlins are Mathematically Out

Marlins Troll

:banghead

I blame Herges for most of the blown games during April! :mad

Don't be stupid.

Yes, if the pen didn't suck so much we'd have made the playoffs easily. But I am more than thankful for this wonderful year. We've had the full range of emotions a baseball fan can ever have. From the despair of 20 under to going over 500 and then a no-hitter! There is a lot to be thankful for this year.

The thing that kills me is I knew that we'd hit that September wall, it's just deep down I never wanted to believe it.

Heck, go back to the preseason stuff, everyone here was saying that September's last few weeks were going to get ugly.

There's no shame in what we did, and if we can take 2/3 from Philly to close the year, well hot damn!

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I love these guys. Well played boys. They can still win the next two series, and end the season on a high note. Regardless of what they do, though, they can walk into the clubhouse after the last game with their heads held high.

lol @ someone saying they didn't foresee this team falling apart at the end of the season. It's full of rookies. That was the most likely outcome.

If you would have read my post correctly you would have noticed that I said I didnt foresee this happening "a month ago". When the Marlins were on a tear and within 1.5 of the wild card, nobody saw this sh*t coming.

And if you say otherwise you are a liar.

lol @ someone saying they didn't foresee this team falling apart at the end of the season. It's full of rookies. That was the most likely outcome.

The way they were playing even 2 weeks ago (MAH GOSH!) made it seem like they'd finish strong. A team of rookies has no right contending for the playoffs in the middle of September--so ya, it did come as a shock what they've done in the past 10 days or so.

You can blame Girardi for playing Amezaga vs LHPs.

You can blame Hermida for massively underperforming and striking out at 20% of his his plate appearances.

Not sure if you can blame the bullpen, cause most can't help but suck...that's why they aren't starters or closers.

Maybe blame the FO for not doing anything either through trades or off waivers. I know they tried for Soriano and I bet they tried for Andruw Jones, but something should've been tried to help the bullpen. Having 2 pretty reliable arms in the bullpen while trying to contend in Sept doesn't work.

You can also blame whoever kept JJ out of the rotation from day 1.

Still, a good exciting season that exceeded everyone's expectations. But it could've been better.

The thing that kills me is I knew that we'd hit that September wall, it's just deep down I never wanted to believe it.

QFT.

Like all years around this time, I still haven't come around to the idea that the season is coming to a close. What are we supposed to do with our lives until March?

QFT.

Like all years around this time, I still haven't come around to the idea that the season is coming to a close. What are we supposed to do with our lives until March?

Trade speculation of course. I have no doubt that there will be piles of articles on the inevitability of the Marlins trading Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera this offseason because they will not be able to afford their salaries. Many of these articles will probably be written by the same people who insisted the Marlins were bound to trade Dontrelle Willis before the trade deadline this season because they couldn't afford his salary.